shape
carat
color
clarity

Where did you find your veil? Where you bought your dress, or somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just curious where you got yours. I have been looking online at secondhand places to find a veil, but am slightly worried that it''s not a good idea to get a veil without seeing it with my dress, which would (probably) mean getting it from the bridal shop that sold my dress to me.

So, if you''ve bought a veil to go with your dress, where did you find it? Did you try it out with your dress before purchasing, or did you just know it would look good with your dress?
1.gif

Feel free to post pics or links if you like! And as always, thanks in advance for any responses!
35.gif

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
www.obridal.com (Occansey Designs). It was a site recommended by someone on PS. If you ask them, they''ll send you swatches of their fabrics so you can match up the color perfectly with your dress. Basically, I tried on a bunch of veils at the bridal store, so I knew what I wanted. Then I gave my specifications to Occansey and it looked exactly the same as the ones I tried on at the store (and cost a LOT less). My veil was around $50, but they can be cheaper or more expensive.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
tried on different styles at the store where i bought my dress so I knew what I wanted. I couldn''t justify the 400 dollar price tag, so I made mine for 13 bucks.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
mine was made (my ME!) from material from my mom''s, so i didn''t really care if it was going to match or not. it had yellowed a bit over the years, which actually was ok since my dress is more of an ivory color. i''d say pick out a style you want, then do some online searching. i don''t think its necessary to spend a TON of money on one, and they are actually pretty simple to make, even for the 100% NON SEWERS like myself.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
My mom and I just made mine since I wanted a simple one, but we also made the flower girls dresses, so it depends on your comfort with sewing whether this is a good route for you or not.

To get a feel for what works with the dress I would try on the veils the store has so you can see what length/style works well with your dress. Try on everything - is lace complementary or overkill? Do you like scattered crystals? Does floorlength work? Do you need something that hits more mid-arm / shoulder?

Once you do this I would think you would have a better idea of what you are looking for and then you can look at online options or veils at other stores.

Oh and see if they will let you take pics when you try them on with your dress! I''m sure I''m not the only one that would love seeing them and helping you decide
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Try finding a large fabric store - that''s where we got mine, and it was all of $30.
4.gif

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t gotten mine yet, but I''ll probably go the etsy route.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got mine at the same place I got my dress. It matched perfectly (light pink just like the dress) and was a decent price. I would say it''s probably easier to get it at the same place.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Ebay! It came to $43 including postage for a Chapel length veil. It hasn''t arrived yet, if it doesn''t go with the dress i wont be too bothered as i wasn''t really planning on wearing it for the wedding, it was more for the photos that we plan on having later on.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I bought my veil at the same place as my dress. My mom actually bought the veil while we were trying the dress on, so we know it matches well. If I was buying it, though, I had a website that I was going to order the veil from for a very good price. Linky
They have all kinds of veils, and their prices are great. Maybe you can find something on there.
9.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
When you have tried some on with your dress and have an idea of what you want, order online from someone with a great return policy. You could save heaps of $$$

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 12:40:35 PM
Author: charbie
mine was made (my ME!) from material from my mom's, so i didn't really care if it was going to match or not. it had yellowed a bit over the years, which actually was ok since my dress is more of an ivory color. i'd say pick out a style you want, then do some online searching. i don't think its necessary to spend a TON of money on one, and they are actually pretty simple to make, even for the 100% NON SEWERS like myself.
I made mine too, based on a style I tried on at the bridal shop. A little hand sewing, glue and supplies from a high-end fabric store.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I bought three veils. None of them I bought where I bought my dress.

1.) Myrakim from Twigs and Honey (This was a birdcage veil that I sold)

2.) Artikal (Another embellished cage that I might wear for reception)

3.) A bubble veil that I bought from Brides Head Revisited in NYC. They are unbelievable.

HTH

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 12:08:28 PM
Author: musincy
www.obridal.com (Occansey Designs). It was a site recommended by someone on PS. If you ask them, they''ll send you swatches of their fabrics so you can match up the color perfectly with your dress. Basically, I tried on a bunch of veils at the bridal store, so I knew what I wanted. Then I gave my specifications to Occansey and it looked exactly the same as the ones I tried on at the store (and cost a LOT less). My veil was around $50, but they can be cheaper or more expensive.

Ditto - I tried on the style I wanted at the store and they even measured it for me. I then went home and ordered it from obridal.

Their prices and quality is great!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
yourdreamdress.com <--------- LOVE them! They were a pleasure with which to deal!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t buy mine from the same bridal shop as my dress. I did have some of the lace/tulle with me (from the hem) when I was veil shopping so I could match the shade.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I got mine at the veilshop.com... It was pretty reasonable price-wise, and they have a lot of styles to choose from!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was also from veilshop.com. It was a really simple veil so I knew that it would good with any dress. I ordered it after I bought my dress so I would know what color to get.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I ended up getting my veil where I got my wedding dress for simplicity''s sake. I tried it one with my dress and it matched perfectly and fell in love with it and bought it and had a longer one custom made for the ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results