shape
carat
color
clarity

When is everyones BIG day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
My big day is 51 days away!! It is April 30th.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Engaged 20th November 2004
Wedding 15th October 2005

Hi glaucomflecken! We''re getting married on the same date!

I''m getting married in the UK so planning is a bit of a long distance thing and I''m producing lists worthy of Bridezilla..... How''s everyone else getting on with the planning?

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
LOL Just Looking....I''m sure a few could say worthy of Bride Zilla. I think I turned into her yesterday & I''m not even engaged yet! LOL. Keep sense of humor!

Just Looking...how is your planning going?

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Engaged Feb 2nd, 2005
Wedding: 2006, we haven''t set a date. Though apparently there''s something good about May 27th, so maybe we''ll take that.
2.gif

We''re waiting to find out if we get world cup tickets when the results are in at the end of April to pick a date, since the world cup is smack dab in the middle of summer 2006.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Blue Chica: I think that''s Memorial Day weekend. I''ve been to two weddings (different years) for that weekend and both couples told me how much less expensive it was to have it on that Sunday...

Just a thought...

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
I got engaged on Jan 14th 2005 and am getting married on May 14th 2005! Island Dreams may seem like she has a shorter engagement, but February only has 28 days
emotion-5.gif
Heehee!!

All kidding aside, this short engagement thing kinda sucks when you''re working full time AND going to school full time while simultaneously planning the Big Day... it''s zooming by! Then again that is probably saving me from becoming Bridezilla.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I''m all for short engagements. We had originally planned to get married in August but then decided to move it up to May. I"m so happy I won''t have to go through 3 extra months of planning. I don''t know, it''s supposed to be fun in theory, but i find it more stressful than anything.

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
Met: March 19, 2004 (1 year ago this saturday)
Engaged: May 8, 2004
Wedding: July 30, 2005

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, I think we might win for longest engagement:

engaged - March 12, 2005
wedding - tentatively late May/early June (possibly Memorial Day Weekend) 2007

It just didn''t seem to fit any other time between my school stuff and his...

I''m hoping this isn''t ridiculously long, but everyone seems really pleased about the extra time to plan, especially his mom who will be planning a whole separate ceremony and reception in New England with me and FI in California, and since we have no idea where we want to have it, this gives us plenty of time to look. Anyone else have a really long engagement??

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Ammayer -

Interesting. That''s not a bad idea since we''re thinking of out of town weddings too. I suppose the same deal is true of labor day, which would be better weather for the rockies in BC. Thanks for the tip.
1.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2005 4:50:57 PM
Author: ammayernyc
Blue Chica: I think that''s Memorial Day weekend. I''ve been to two weddings (different years) for that weekend and both couples told me how much less expensive it was to have it on that Sunday...

Just a thought...
That''s when I''m getting married! (it is memorial day weekend
1.gif
)

Engaged: February 12, 2005
Wedding: May 28, 2006

It''s not cheaper though
8.gif
...at least not at the place where I''m getting married. On a holiday weekend, they charge the normal Saturday rate for a Sunday wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results