shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do for the mini-reception?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winston26

Shiny_Rock
We are thinking of having an intimate ceremony out of state. It would be with close family and friends, maybe 20 people, probably 30 max.
What I can't envision is what to do after the ceremony. My Mom says we'll have the ceremony outside at a fancy place (Phoenix in April) and then we'll go out for a "nice dinner". I can't picture what we would do after that. I think I'll be disappointed when everyone leaves after dinner. I don't see us exactly bar hopping after that but seems like that's the only option else we all go home. We'd have a casual party when we got back home but it will be a couple weeks later. Anyone else have this issue or am I over-thinking it?

I had suggested inviting everyone to go there and not have the party back home. Then it would be a more formal reception in Phoenix with a DJ and the whole bit, but now Mom thinks it would be disappointing to have a beautiful reception and few people there as I have no idea how many would show up but definitely far less than having it here.
My expectations of this fabulously fun party must be too high?!?!?

fyi, I'm considering this place.... www.thecastleatashleymanor.com ...too much/big for that small of a wedding? I want elegant but not overdone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think renting a private dining room with enough room for to comfortably seat your guest with a small dance floor at a NICE restaurant would be my choice. I don''t know if I''d do a full DJ, if you have someone reliable who is willing to I''d do the Ipod DJ. At the very least you guys could get in a cake cutting and a first dance. That would be worth it to me.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the place you''d picked it''s a dream! Do your reception there if they will accommodate you in a smaller room there. And do a DJ. Why NOT?

winston26

Shiny_Rock
The whole topic came up because mom pointed out that if I plan a beautiful reception there with a DJ and all that I would end up disappointed if only 20 people are there. I really love that place (at least the photos anyway) but have no way of knowing how many would actually go! I''d guess 20 for certain, and the rest of the 130 I would have invited are extremely iffy. So my options are to:
1. plan the reception in AZ and hope people come
2. only rent it for 2 hours for the ceremony and go somewhere else for dinner and ???
3. have the full wedding in WI

I''m looking at April 2008 dates so that''s probably not enough time for everyone.
sigh...I just wish something would come together easily for this wedding just once!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results