shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with beach ceremony site....Hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Starting to get nervous and excited as I see that today is the last day of June - its getting close!

Still trying to figure out what to do with ceremony site (pic attached)

I do not want the "arch" like they have in the pic...actually, I don''t want an arch at all.
We will have about the same amount of white chairs as this picture shows.
I do not want/need alot of flowers - I''m a very simple person.

If it was up to me, I would have just the chairs there and let the beauty of the ocean be the decor, but everyone has told me that I need SOMETHING there...some kind of decor even if its simple. But, what?

I can do rose petals down the aisle, but I fear that they will just blow away if there is a slight breeze.

Any other easy to set up / low cost ideas for this site?

Thank you! :)

2343242342346_0_ALB.jpg

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see why you have to have something if you don't want it... the beautiful beach, ocean and sky aren't enough? I'm also having a beach ceremony and reception and this is what I envision (possibly with some rose petals scattered down the isle):

ETA: I also love the idea of the bridesmaids or guests holding decorative parasols. (Didn't Gypsy's do this at her wedding?)

ceremonybeach1.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I would think something to define the front area where you will be standing. Perhaps a small table or altar like thing for the officiant to set his/her book? One flower on the end chairs? What about a chest high post of sorts, like tiki lights are on, but instead of the tiki lights put flowers at the top. Just two up at front to define where you both are standing.

That''s all I got. But I think a little splash of color or something defining of the space would be a nice touch.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was planning a beach wedding we were going to do the pillow thing with the altar space denoted with urns filled with beach grass-like material. I was going to line the aisle with quahog shells (really big clams) filled with water and a small floating candle.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
If you don''t want to do anything, I say don''t. The scenery is gorgeous, but if you want something, I like the idea of an umbrella or the BMs having parasols.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How bout small pillars (One on each side) with urns of flowers sitting on them. Is simple but may still be
more than you want.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
what about tall cylander vases filled with sand and then sea shells on top on each side of the aisle at the beginning and end of the aisle. of hang starfish on a pretty ribbon on every other row of chairs.

something like this for the vases:
http://beverlyrosesgiftgarden.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Seashelloct.327125042_std.JPG

I would probably do a brighter ribbon, but here is the idea:
http://coastalbeachweddings.com/chair%20with%20starfish.jpg

LOVE this ideafor a beach wedding:
http://www.heartpapersoul.com/favorsstarfishmagnetlg.gif

you could always put big planted palms on either side of where you are FI are going to get married, just to delinate where you are going to stand.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
You could try a simple runner - that was the only decoration I used for my ceremony, aside form a table set up with fans and programs behind all the chairs. I used bamboo runners which also make a more stable surface to walk on for the sand

good luck - and yes, sometimes simple is better!

wedding -12608.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
this isn''t the best example as the scenery isn''t the nicest but imagine these flags in your location... so rather than defining the ''wedding space'' with an arch or whatever, that area is left empty with the flags on either side of where you stand, sort of framing you both, i hope that makes sense!
1.gif

baliweflags.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
If you don''t want any decor, then you definitely don''t need any! That site is beautiful on its own. Here are a few more simple inspiration pics though if you want something less formal than an arch...

beach wedding isle.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason, I can''t get this pic to post but I think it is really cool and unique. Link

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 9:55:14 PM
Author: missrachelk
You could try a simple runner - that was the only decoration I used for my ceremony, aside form a table set up with fans and programs behind all the chairs. I used bamboo runners which also make a more stable surface to walk on for the sand

good luck - and yes, sometimes simple is better!

Where did you find the long runners? I love look of those just to break it up a bit.

The sea stars on the chairs are so cute too that someone posted...thank you for all these great ideas! You guys really got my mind rolling on some stuff I wasnt even considering before

:) thanks!!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
I used several 3 x 6 foot rugs, just laid ends overlapping one over the other a bit, then 2 mats placed perpendicular for DH and I to stand on. you could sew them together but laying them down worked just as well. I got them on ebay.

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results