shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your old/new/borrowed/blue?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...

What will yours be???

Old- Piece of christening dress sewn into a little handkerchief
New- well, lots... dress, veil, etc
Borrowed- Still don''t know....
Blue- Either shoes or blue ribbon on garter

SunShyne83

Rough_Rock
old: pearl necklace from the 1930''s
blue: my bridesmaids and maid of honour
new: my dress
borrowed: likely a handkerchief to keep in my purse from my mom

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Don''t have an idea for borrowed and blue yet but I plan on wearing this diamond and pearl drop necklace that my great grandmother gave to me. I just sorta re-discovered it and it would be perfect to wear at my wedding.

I can imagine that I will probably do blue shoes since I think that idea is really cute. I love unexpected splashes of color!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
oh fun...

old: when we were younger my FI gave me a promise ring which over time grew to a .50 with 2 .25 pears on the side and he had a 18k gold band as well and so im going to be tying these to my bouquet we''ve had them since i was 17 so 5 years (not so old, but still old)
new: my dress and entire outfit
borrowed: still need to figure it out.... im thinking my moms handkerchief or my cousins hair piece
blue:sapphire and diamond band my FI gave me for Christmas this year

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
New---- the whole outfit

Old--- either my father''s arm band that he wore at his first communion and that I wore in my hair at mine, or my Tiger Eye rosary that he gave to me when I was a child.

Borrowed--- Not a clue

Blue--- I dunno, but i''ll get some in there somewhere

Sixpence--- ready to be taped into my shoe!

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I started a thread on this a while back. I may still have been a LIW at the time... Hmmm. But now that my wedding is less than 6 months away I need to really start figuring this stuff out!

Old: I''m not sure. FI''s mom told him she has a string of her grandmothers pearls that she wants to offer to me to wear but he said he thinks they might be too long and not really formal enough. I haven''t seen them yet though so we''ll see. Or I might wear something of my grandmothers... I have a few pieces of her jewelry that are nice. Or maybe I''ll go get me a nice piece of antique jewelry to wear!

New: Dress, veil, etc...

Borrowed: I have no idea! I''ll ask my mom if she has anything neat!

Blue: I''m probably going to wear the sapphire and diamond ring that FI gave to me for Christmas last year.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Fun!

Old: ering stone - OEC from FI''s family
New: dress, veil, etc
Borrowed: I have no idea! I may not have something borrowed
Blue: fab blue shoes!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Something Old? No idea
Something New? Hopefully some new bling
31.gif
, but most likely my whole ensemble.
Something Borrowed? No idea
Something Blue - I will be wearing blue shoes and possibly blue nailpolish :D

As you can tell I am really prepared
25.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Old: A clustered pearl earring of my grandmother''s, used as a clasp on my dress
New: Dress my mother made me
Borrowed: My mother''s veil
Blue: Shoes!!!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I like this thread!

Old: OEC diamond in my engagement ring
New: I''m not sure yet, but I plan on buying some kind of accessory the month of the wedding to make sure it''s really "new"
Borrowed: I might wear my mom''s very simple veil
Blue: My late grandfather''s sapphire class ring tied into my bouquet

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Old- I have a bonnet from when I was a baby that has threads to snip and it becomes a hankie. It has a poem about it being used as a newborn and on the girls wedding day, so I will have that wrapped around the handle on my bouquet.
New- Dress, jewelry, etc.
Borrowed- Not sure about this yet
Blue- Sapphire studs FI gave me for Christmas, and I''m thinking about having my initals and wedding date embroidered in the inside back of my wedding dress in blue thread.

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
Old: 50s wishbone pin that belonged to my mom
New: Garter
Borrowed: My oldest sister''s hankie she carried at her wedding
Blue: An aquamarine bracelet (my birthstone) my closest-in-age older sister got me as a bridal gift

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Old: Hopefully a ring I am inheriting from my grandmother
New: My attire of course! But the most brand-new thing is that my mother is making my veil :)
Borrowed: I am borrowing the string of pearls from my mother that she wore at her own wedding.
Blue: I have a sapphire and diamond ring I got from my MOH as a gift YEARS ago that I haven''t taken off since, and don''t plan to. :)

I am getting married on the same date my parents did, and my mother''s parents did, so I am wearing her pearls in order to bring as much of a generational effect as possible into my wedding. I love the significance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results