shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Does it look ''Estate'' enough? I''m trying to find something that won''t look out of place where we''ll probably be getting married. Of course I''m looking for what I love but I''m also trying to find something that will blend with the whole French Chateau thing.

8030_b1_041126210947.jpg

This is by Justin Alexander.

7059.jpg

Alvina Valenta dress.

9049.jpg

Another Alvina Valenta.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are all beautiful but the first one is breathtaking and I think it would be perfect w/the French Chateau look!

Oh, to be a first-time bride again....

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh....that first one is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
6.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pretty much stuck on the first dress, too. There is only one bridal shop near me that carries Justin Alexander so I'll have to call to see if they have that dress or if they can get it in for me to try on.

I'm so excited!!!! I still can't believe that he wants to have a wedding after all. It's still going to be very small..like 20 people MAX..but I still want it to be elegant.

I just got an email from the Biltmore Estate and it turns out that the area we want to have our reception is really cheap! It's only $500 to use the room and then a minimum of $1500 for food/bev or $80 per guest..so it's only going to be about $1600 for everyone to eat and drink..IF we have all 20 people there..but at least $1500. Its in the champagne cellar under the winery. I picked that because I really like the cobble stone/rock wall look (at least I'm hoping that's what it looks like. I've not seen it so I may be changing my mind). It just feels old..if that makes sense. The preliminary numbers for the actual ceremony aren't that scary either. $800 for the first four with a max of 6 and $75 per person beyond the 6. I've figured in about 12 people total that I really want there (that includes me and h2b) so it's really not so bad. I figure with numbers like that I can go wild with the gown and not feel guilty
4.gif
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
36.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
OMG that first dress is TO DIE FOR! It''ll definitely fit in at the Biltmore Estate. Sounds like you have a fabulous wedding in the works!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
all I can say about that first dress is WOW WOW WOW!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. If you get it to try on, send us pics of you in it PLEASE!! Can I ask what the price is on it?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
OoooOoo I love all three!!!! But I think the first is still the prettiest!!!
Actually, J. Alexander has a dress similar to the 2nd one.. so maybe you can try that one too!!! I don''t remember the style no. though.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Just a teensy warning though- I tried on a few J. Alex. dresses, and they are *very* substantial... it''s beautiful material but the satin is heavy...
39.gif
I couldn''t pull it off but I hope you can!!! (Maybe that first one is silk?!!! That would be even more awesome!!!!)

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I have a strong preference for the first one- it is just amazing and the most "estate" imo.
Second choice is the 3rd, #2 is okay, but the others really out do it.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i have to agree with everyone else on this one.. the first dress is just amazing. did you see my post in the dress thread? THere is a knottie that wants that dress so there are pics of her in it.. I will link for you..

http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=ashbug1217

The third dress is also very very pretty!!

When is your wedding going to be? I am confused about the ceremony part? Why is there a cost per person for the ceremony? The numbers for your reception do sound reasonable.. as long as you''re keeping it small.. especially the room rental part. Our building rental was $1400. The food and beverage is going to fall somewhere between $50-$60 person plus taxes, service charges and gratuity which will probably bump it up to more like $70 a head.. and we are having lots more people than 20!! I''m starting to get a little shocked at how much everything is costing!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
They''re both beautiful. I think the first one has a bit too much going on for me but it''s a gorgeous dress, i just prefer simpler, cleaner lines in general. I think both would looks great in the chateau setting.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Thanks everyone for helping me out. As far as the cost for the dress..I have NO idea...I'm sure it'll be a pretty penny, lol.

As far as the cost for the ceremony it's because I specified that I wanted it VERY small so that is their Intimate Wedding and Vow Renewal Package. It includes an outdoor ceremony with weather backup, wedding cake, Biltmore Estate champagne and tickets to the estate.

I really am stuck on the first dress. I probably have my heart sat on it too much because I know that anything can happen. As much as I love it there's a good chance that it'll look like a train wreck on me
37.gif
But I still love it, lol. When I get a chance to look for it and hopefully try it on I'll make sure I have my digital camera with me. I just hope they let me take some pictures! I was reading the thread about the mean bridal shop people
40.gif

Well...I better run. As much as I do love that one I still can't help but keep looking. I'm so bad
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I love the 1 st one too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re both beautiful dresses, but I really love the first one!!
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m in love with the first dress!!! Your wedding is going to be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results