shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you using for your last dance song?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t actually thinking of having an "official" last dance song but people keep telling me it''s a good idea. I''m not sure why it matters what the last song is but for some people I suppose it does.

I know I''ve seen families come together and dance to "We Are Family" but I can''t see our families doing that. Plus, that song''s a little dated.

Are you doing a last song? What are you using?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We did "Send me on my way" by Rusted Root when we left the reception. But, the party lasted for about another 30 mins, apparently - DH had added a bunch of "clubbin" music just in case nobody wanted to leave, which they didn''t - so I have no clue what the official last song was :)

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
There''s a whole section about wedding music on theknot.com. They have lists of last dance suggestions. On the side, click where it says "wedding songs". Then scroll down to the lists.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never even thought of this but now that I am, it''s a great decision! Not sure what song I''ll have though. I could never imagine us having we are family either!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goodbye and Thanks for all the Fish.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 6:27:31 PM
Author: Gypsy
Isn''t it "so long and thanks for all the fish"? I love that movie!

I think our last dance will be Moondance with Michael Buble. We dance to it a lot in our dance classes and I think it is so romantic even if it might be a little cheesy.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
We only had a few slow songs (young crowd) so I wanted to end slow, we ended with "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.
emlove.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
FI is marrying into a very italian family, and seems to be loving it... we picked the song "Buona Sera" by Dean Martin

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Since our wedding was unique all around, we finished with "London Calling" from the Clash since we were leaving the next day for our honeymoon in London. PLus we loooooooove the Clash.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We used "Two of Us" by the Beatles for our exit song.... "Two of Us sending postcards... we''re on our way HOME... we''re going HOME". I''m a master of the obvious sometimes. Of course, what I remember most is as soon as the DJ put it on, we realized we didn''t know where the car keys were! So those last few minutes were kind of frantic, but I''m still glad we chose that song.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
We love New York, New York by Frank Sinatra and we just had to have it as our last song!!!...It was great! about 1/3 (if not more) of our guests came from NY...so it was a good way to say good bye to the night...plus everyone loves that song ;))

M~

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 11:27:25 PM
Author: indecisive

Date: 3/20/2008 6:27:31 PM
Author: Gypsy
Isn''t it ''so long and thanks for all the fish''? I love that movie!
Yes. Yes, it is.
9.gif
My brain dies after 6 pm. LOL.

julybride

Rough_Rock
Our last dance song was Marvin Gay''s "Let''s Get it On" . Yes, I know, very tacky. Please excuse me while I hang my head in shame.
6.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 12:54:09 PM
Author: julybride
Our last dance song was Marvin Gay''s ''Let''s Get it On'' . Yes, I know, very tacky. Please excuse me while I hang my head in shame.
6.gif
Hahahaha that''s so cute!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results