shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you colors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
My colors are sapphire blue and burgundy or garnet red. While looking for bouquet ideas that would fit, I found this one on modernbride.com and fell in love instantly.
MB0602flowers5.jpg

I think the peonies and blue anemones are a gorgeous combination. I may want to use something other than the calla lillies for accent. I need to find a florist QUICK to see if the anemones will be available in this particular color as they are the only flowers I found so far that will match the color I want for bridesmaid dresses. Something like this, but maybe with a red sash to match the peonies.
7084_m_Navy.jpg

If you have your colors and ideas for flowers, dresses, decorations, etc., please post. It is so much fun seeing what everyone is doing.

Thanks!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
This is my little color scheme swatch that I made

Colorschemeswatchsmallcopy.jpg

414_8725_large.jpg
33f34cb2-a85c-459f-86b2-9ecc718c59eb.enlargedNormal.jpg

these two dresses go with my color scheme really well.. or something like this one would be really cute too

L-3543-A.jpg

As for flowers.. I don''t know WHAT i want to do yet.
I LOVE stargazer lilies though
47b5df03b3127cce9ea2af617e1200000016108Aat2Tlq0bN6

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting married in NH and live in DC, so I''m keeping my colors simple (I don''t have time to coordinate with multiple vendors to make sure everything matches). Mostly we''re just doing black and white with a bit of gold thrown in (I have a champagne colored detail on my dress) and green (we''re getting married at our alma mater and that was one of the school colors).

For my bouquets, I am doing mostly ferns (green) with a small cluster of white roses/stephonitis/seasonal white foliage in the middle. Table linens will be white with green napkins. And I''m letting my MOH select the bridesmaid dresses because she''s infinitely more fashionable than I am. I would think they''d end up being champagne, sage or black.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Berry red and deep bright blueberry - kind of the opposite of you lollybear!!

Main color (BM dresses, GM vests, flowers)
duchesssatin_berry.jpg
duchesssatin_candy_apple.jpg
mattesatin_burgundy.jpg

Accent (flowergirl(??) flowers)
iridescenttaffeta_cobaltblue.jpg
liningfabric_sapphire.jpg

We''re doing a berry theme for the wedding, so we''ll have silk berries in the flowers, our mom''s have been instructed to wear deep rich colors to coordinate.

Cool boutonnieres!!
BTG014m.jpg
BTG007m.jpg

Imagine this cake with fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc instead of flowers, and columns separating the top layer from the lower two!
CG032x.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
OOooOoo where are you gals getting those color swatch thingys from?! pretty colors!! i like.
9.gif
9.gif

I love pink, but two out of three of my bridesmaids dont like pink at all, and plus FI doesn''t want pink on the guys, so I *think* we are going w/light blue and cream. I might throw in some pink on the flowers though, just cuz. Although looking at some of your guys colors I might do dark blue/light blue/cream to get a nice contrast, but we''ll see, the weddings in spring and I had wanted it pastel-y...

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
this is a cake i love: (not so much the icing and shape of the cake itself, but i like the flowers!)

cakebluwht_church_small.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
That is a lovely bouquet flopkins...I really like that color combo!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My colors are deep red/burgundy, sage green and gold. My BMs are wearing pale gold dresses. My bouquet will be deep red/burgundy, sage green and white flowers with gold jewels wrapped with white ribbon. My BMs' bouquets will be deep red/burgundy and sage green wrapped with gold ribbon. My FI will be wearing black tux with red vest and tie. GMs will be wearing black tux with gold vest and tie.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Well, for right now my colors are sort of deep pink, chartreuse (or "limeish" green) and something like a light turquoise blue... But these are all colors that revolve around my DREAM dress, which I haven''t tried on or seen in person, and given the silhouette and my short stature, it may look horrible on me... But, until then, this is my "wedding in my head" stuff:

The dream dress (I love color!!! I don''t want to be completely over the top and irreverant, but I want to find something that fits my personality ~ and so a certain amount of color is a must for me). This dress is my daily treadmill inspiration
2.gif
:

LZ0613.jpg

Detail:

lz0613b.jpg

So I''m thinking about something like this for bridesmaid dresses:

KNJHOCF041545m.jpg

But not with that color of ribbon. There are also a few Dessy & After Six dresses I like but I haven''t figured out how to post their pics... Or this in the above color ~ less fluffy:

KNJHOCF045545m.jpg

For flowers... I dunno ~ I think that the dress inspires thoughts of lilies maybe? Or callas... I love peonies... And then some minimal accents in green. I think that something simple would be good in order to not compete with the dress for attention?

MB0602flowers6.jpg

Anyhow, that''s what I''ve got in my brain for right now...

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I just found this BM dress from Nordstroms. I like the Jim Helm a little better, but I''m assuming they''re quite a bit more $$

Nordstroms $99.jpg

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
And I love this cake... love it love it love it... from a local bakery.

Merritts1.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Bouquets that I like.

bouquetcollage.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
BMs'' dresses color.

BMdresscolor.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
LollyBear - I LOVE that bouquet! And your colors are so nice and rich!

JCJD - Love the idea of using the berries to decorate the cake... they will all be so delicious in June! And that cake is very nice too.

teebee - I really like the cake!

Here is the BM dress I want for my girls (still need MOH approval
2.gif
), my colors and the bouquets i want. I am TOTALLY loving the hydrangeas!

weekend_mbm0204_14.jpg

colors_bmdress.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooh NJC - I really like that BM dress you posted. Who makes it?! Think it might come in pink with a black sash?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Its made by one of your favorite companies... Forever Yours. The website has been down, but i believe you can get it in something like 40 color combinations.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
hmmm - I wonder if I can get that one around here. My bridal shop is supposed to carry their line.. but ive never seen any of their dresses, for BMs at least.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD - Love your color scheme
emsmilep.gif
. Your idea of using berries on the cake is wonderful and sounds tasty too (might just use them myself). Also, those berry boutonnieres are really unique.

tebee - The bodice on your dress is amazing and the cake looks absolutely scrumptious!
18.gif

njc - ditto on your bouquet! Are those berries among the flowers? If so, what kind, and if not, what are they? Love ''em!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
My main colors were shades of blue and green, since it was a beach/ocean wedding, but we added a bit of pale lavender, pale peach, and pale yellow accents which really brought out the blue/greens.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 7:21:46 PM
Author: LollyBear

njc - ditto on your bouquet! Are those berries among the flowers? If so, what kind, and if not, what are they? Love ''em!
I have no clue what they are, but ive been calling them berries! Maybe currents? Thats the only thing i can think of that would be that small and dark. Im going to talk to my florist soon, so hopefully ill find out and share... i think they *totally* make the bouquets though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results