shape
carat
color
clarity

what are the most unusual/interesting/funny cake toppers you''ve seen at a wedding?

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i am still looking for photos of the ones i''ve seen, anyone wanna join in?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Ahahahaha, those are pretty cool and outrageously funny! Nice find charbie! And FF, you are always coming up with great threads!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 11:02:58 AM
Author: charbie
i <3 you, faye. i post after you constantly.

bobbleheads. i want them. but can''t see spending $200.

http://www.claymyfigure.com/
hehe, charbie, i''m starting to notice the trend too
2.gif

that bobblehead cake topper is so cute, i actually went to a wedding where the couple were both from usc, so they had theirs made with them wearing usc shirts, i wish i could find the photo i took, it was hilarious

whoa i didn''t know they were $200, that''s a good percentage of the cake budget for me, didn''t you say your sister was making your cake tho, would it go well with it?

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 12:13:53 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
Ahahahaha, those are pretty cool and outrageously funny! Nice find charbie! And FF, you are always coming up with great threads!
thanks, ilovesparkles. here''s one of my contributions, i like hello kitty as much as the next person, but i just can''t see it on my wedding cake, the couple was in their 30s

Dear Daniel Hello Kitty.jpg

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock

LOL! I''m actually getting a bobblehead cake topper. Totally agree that the cost is a bit much, but since my cake was included with my wedding package at the venue, I had the cash to spare.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I used Mario and Princess Toadstool figurines that I bought on Ebay. They were super-cute and just the right size for my little cake!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this one for our cake...I love it because we''ve always been the "Lovebirds"...

lovebirds2009.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 6:46:23 PM
Author: wannaBMrsH
I bought this one for our cake...I love it because we''ve always been the ''Lovebirds''...
That one is beautiful.

We''re just having red roses to top our cake. It''s a very simple two tier cake with black ribbon detail and fancy icing.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 6:46:23 PM
Author: wannaBMrsH
I bought this one for our cake...I love it because we''ve always been the ''Lovebirds''...
omg love it.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 2:22:46 PM
Author: ficklefaye

hehe, charbie, i''m starting to notice the trend too
2.gif

that bobblehead cake topper is so cute, i actually went to a wedding where the couple were both from usc, so they had theirs made with them wearing usc shirts, i wish i could find the photo i took, it was hilarious

whoa i didn''t know they were $200, that''s a good percentage of the cake budget for me, didn''t you say your sister was making your cake tho, would it go well with it?
thought about it, but then today i blew past my flower budget...so in order to get those flowers, i''m gonna have to cut something. we didn''t put a cake in the budget since she''s said from the beginning she would make it. FI would be REALLY upset if i did this now...even though his family collects them. i''m thinking about an anniversary gift for sure though :)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 4:44:09 PM
Author: Diva0413

LOL! I''m actually getting a bobblehead cake topper. Totally agree that the cost is a bit much, but since my cake was included with my wedding package at the venue, I had the cash to spare.
LUCKY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
glad someone on here gets the bobbleheads!!! you''ll have to tell me where you get them and how they turn out!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 2:28:56 PM

thanks, ilovesparkles. here's one of my contributions, i like hello kitty as much as the next person, but i just can't see it on my wedding cake, the couple was in their 30s

Does anyone know where I can buy this hello kitty topper?

Dear Daniel Hello Kitty11.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
My best friend is seriously considering this topper because of a running joke with her and her FI. That site seriously has a crazy amount of quirky toppers!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 2:20:39 PM
Author: haagen_dazs

thanks, ilovesparkles. here''s one of my contributions, i like hello kitty as much as the next person, but i just can''t see it on my wedding cake, the couple was in their 30s

Um, yes?
4.gif

I don''t think they make the Dear Daniel/Hello Kitty cake topper anymore. Try ebay. Here''s a listing.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 2:46:32 PM
Author: KittyGolightly

Um, yes?
4.gif

I don''t think they make the Dear Daniel/Hello Kitty cake topper anymore. Try ebay. Here''s a listing.

hey thanks alot!
somehow my ebay search did not bring that link up
that seller is selling the topper alone for $80 in another listing.
what do you guys think of that price?

thanks a bunch !

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 3:48:07 PM

Date: 4/27/2010 2:46:32 PM

Um, yes?
4.gif

hey thanks alot!
somehow my ebay search did not bring that link up
that seller is selling the topper alone for $80 in another listing.
what do you guys think of that price?

thanks a bunch !
Depending on when your wedding is, I''d keep an eye on ebay and see if you can get it for a better price. $80 seems high to me for a cake topper, but then I don''t know what the original price was.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
i have not been able to find a nice elegant hello kitty
i have been searching all over unless i get my friends in asia to look ..
most of the other hello kitty are kind of ...><"

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if you''ve been looking for a while and know that this is the one for you, I say go ahead and get it!

Of course, you are talking to the girl who had My Melody on her nails a couple of weeks ago.
2.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 4:25:09 PM
Well, if you''ve been looking for a while and know that this is the one for you, I say go ahead and get it!

Of course, you are talking to the girl who had My Melody on her nails a couple of weeks ago.
2.gif

haha aghhh 80bucks is quite expensive considering other toppers are like 30-50bucks
but then this is a trade mark character
and disney and precious moments porcelain toppers are 80-130bucks so i guess this pricing is sort of in line

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Doodle - The lobsters are too funny! It totally took me back to an old "Friends" episode...

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 6:54:54 PM
Author: parrot tulips
Doodle - The lobsters are too funny! It totally took me back to an old ''Friends'' episode...

You''re spot on. The "Friends" episode is what got them started with the joke!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
bobble heads kind of freak me out - but I can''t wait to see yours Diva0413 - perhaps it will help me get over my phobia :)

beltane

Shiny_Rock
I can''t WAIT for my cake topper! I''ve mentioned it before, so you''ll have to bear with me, but the story behind it is hilarious. We are going to Ireland for our honeymoon. My 82 year-old father-in-law has never seen Ireland (his father was born there) and it''s on his bucket list. So we''re bringing him with us! We''re taking him up to Monaghan to stay with his cousins, then we''re off to travel the entire coast of Ireland for 2 weeks. Everyone thinks it''s adorable that he''s "coming on the honeymoon" with us.

So... our cake topper:

getawaytoireland-1.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 12:09:31 PM
Author: beltane
I can''t WAIT for my cake topper! I''ve mentioned it before, so you''ll have to bear with me, but the story behind it is hilarious. We are going to Ireland for our honeymoon. My 82 year-old father-in-law has never seen Ireland (his father was born there) and it''s on his bucket list. So we''re bringing him with us! We''re taking him up to Monaghan to stay with his cousins, then we''re off to travel the entire coast of Ireland for 2 weeks. Everyone thinks it''s adorable that he''s ''coming on the honeymoon'' with us.

So... our cake topper:
That''s hilarious :)

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Beltane, that is so awesome of you guys. I hope all three of you have a wonderful trip!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I can''t WAIT for my cake topper! I''ve mentioned it before, so you''ll have to bear with me, but the story behind it is hilarious. We are going to Ireland for our honeymoon. My 82 year-old father-in-law has never seen Ireland (his father was born there) and it''s on his bucket list. So we''re bringing him with us! We''re taking him up to Monaghan to stay with his cousins, then we''re off to travel the entire coast of Ireland for 2 weeks. Everyone thinks it''s adorable that he''s ''coming on the honeymoon'' with us.

So... our cake topper:
Beltane I LOVE it! My DH and I studied abroad in Dublin and my parents and brother came over for the holidays. Ireland is a place for family.

This is not so much a cake topper as a promotional piece for jet city cakes, but it is my absolute favorite.

jet city giger.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock

So... our cake topper:

Hahaha.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 2:27:50 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

So... our cake topper:

Beltane I LOVE it! My DH and I studied abroad in Dublin and my parents and brother came over for the holidays. Ireland is a place for family.

This is not so much a cake topper as a promotional piece for jet city cakes, but it is my absolute favorite.

That is creepy. What is it?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours was this quarry kids Only it doesn''t really look so..giant head-ish

The love birds one is adorable, and I got a kick out of the Irish hat one and story!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results