shape
carat
color
clarity

what about these flowers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Hi all-- I am offically in Morocco but floored with a relatively moderate case of pnemonia (no, I guess I couldn''t just get food poisoning like a NORMAL traveler).

So I turned to looking at wedding flowers...

What do you think of this bouquet but with cream roses instead of that light pink? FI said he might like it but the picture quality bothered him too much to tell (something about "too much cyan in the shadows...
20.gif
)

I''m still looking to see if they make roses in a nice vivid purple as is pictured here...usually I have been underwhelmed with the lavender ones I have seen. Any gardeners in the house who know what color range purple roses exist in?

large_image.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I thought it might match nicely with either of these two cakes...I''m still torn on whether I want chocolate or white buttercream. I feel that white tends to look a little "cleaner" and more classic, but I like the taste of chocolate iceing better. The cake will def. be chocolate on the inside though--there is something appealing about white icing and a dark chocolate inside
36.gif

large_image-1.jpg

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Rainbow,

Thanks sucks... You are in Morocco and you have pneumonia! Any ways, I like the idea!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks...luckily I''m not on a trip per say, so taking a week to chill out, lie down and look at wedding stuff isn''t a problem.
2.gif

Anyway, do you think the chocolate cake would look nice done in three tiers?

Colors are going to be ivory/cream, dark forest/leaf green, and the shades of purple and blue you see in the bouquet.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think what you like is the most important, though I love devil's food or rich chocolate with a buttercream, it helps cut it a bit and you can do more with colors on the outside...I also like yellow cake or white cake with chocolate frosting, cause I like the contrasts, too much of either just gets lost to me. The purple roses I have seen are a lavender/lilac type shade, it is called sterling or something...

FEEL BETTER!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
hmmm. I will def try the white bcream with maybe a chocolate chip cake sandwiched with a chocolate frosting/ganache between the layers for my first run-through. ( I am not a fan of syrup or fancy cake flavors). I''m still torn on all white flowers or white and purple to decorate it. Good news is I can try it beforehand.....

thanks for the get better wishes
1.gif
I''m fairly drugged at the moment so nothing hurts too badly
2.gif

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
my best friend got married 9/2 and had VERY similiar flowers w/moss green bridesmaids dresses...they were beautiful

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
ooh, pictures? I''m having a hard time finding darker green pics of bridesmaid''s dresses...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My flowers were similar (wish I could get the pro pics!) Our cake was SOOO good. (everyone was telling us how it was the best wedding cake they have ever had) It was white buttercream frosting, chocolate cake, and layers of a chocolate fudge in between the layers.....yummmm......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results