shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I had a wedding nightmare! Not my first, and I''m sure it won''t be my last!

Here''s how it goes:

I show up to the room where the bridal party is getting ready, and the ceremony is scheduled to start in 5 minutes. My FMIL and FSIL inform me that I forgot to order the flower girl dresses for my nieces! We are not having bridesmaids or groomsmen, so the flowergirls are crucial!! AHHHH!!!! So me and my FMIL are running through the parking lot (in my wedding gown) trying to find my car so we can go to Dillards (1/2 hour away) to buy some dresses.

Then I woke up... thank God!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too funny! Of course you know that if that were to happen in real life, you could either just nix the flower girls or send them down the aisle in their street clothes
2.gif
there are much worse things that could happen at a wedding.

My friend called me the other day saying that she''d just dreamt that her dad had a heard attack while he was walking her down the aisle
7.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Before my first marriage, I had this recurring dream that I got dressed for my wedding and once I started to walk down the aisle, my dressed turned into Dorothy''s outfit from the Wizard of Oz! It was bizarre and in my dream I was crying hysterically because I could NOT get married in blue & white gingham!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
So funny how are minds can think this stuff up!

Musey: Father having a heart attack while walking her down the isle!?!? I would need to be on a valium drip for a few days after that one!

Laurel: Blue and white gingham... um NO!

Suddenly forgetting flower girl dresses doesn''t seem so traumatic! Your stories have me beat! Thank you for sharing, the stories certainly made me feel better! I am just so surprised about how much the nightmare affected me! I will be sure to contact the mothers of my nieces tomorrow to get the dresses squared away this weekend.

On a positive note..... I FINALLY ordered my invitations after MUCH stress and debate (april 4th 2009 wedding).

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I had a couple of wedding nightmares this past week.

One of which was where there was no hair and makeup person to show up at my wedding site. So all of the bridesmaids and I looked like we rolled out of bed and had no one there to help. Yikes...

Then I had one where the bridesmaid dresses ended up being all wrong and all different colors....

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I have recurring nightmares that it is my wedding day and I only have the things done that I have done NOW. My last dream I had no vases for my centerpieces and my dad wasn''t wearing a tux. My bro was also texting during my ceremony
32.gif

Before I had the florist booked, I think I had no dress and no BM dresses. It is weird because I''m not stressed yet, but I think it''s my subconscious telling me I need to plan more!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I have had the dreams where I am in the wrong dress and I forgot to do my hair and makeup - it''s just crazy that we are dreaming this stuff up!

It''s only going to get worse towards the wedding too - yikes!!!!

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
I had three that I had several times during the planning.

One, our ENTIRE WEDDING PARTY DITCHED US. ALL OF THEM. I know this came from the fact that I started my whole planning process with four bridesmaids... and a month before the wedding I was down to two. So I kept dreaming that the day of, NONE of our party showed. Not a catastrophe, just disappointing.
Real life: While none of my bridesmaids ditched, TWO of the groomsmen did. It worked out for the best, though - knocked his five-person party down to three so my side didn't look so desolate.

Two, our reverend didn't show up and my catering director had to jump in and give us an improv ceremony. This was probably because I didn't HAVE a reverend until three days before!
Real life: The reverend showed, and he was wonderful - and his ceremony wasn't improv, but it was certainly spontaneous!

Last, and this one was the worst and it seemed to be the most recurring... my husband got in a car accident on the highway driving to the wedding. About an hour after the ceremony was supposed to have started, the hospital finally got hold of me and told me the bad news. So instead of walking down the aisle, I was walking down a hospital hallway in my wedding dress and veil sobbing hysterically.
Real life: I was jumpy and scared every single time my phone rang that day.
7.gif
And while there was no car accident, he was an hour late.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results