shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Invites: Reception cards

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding ceremony is going to be at a hotel ballroom, and the reception will be at the same venue, outside in a tent. Do I need to specify the reception location with a separate card, or say something in the invitation about where the reception is? Or can I just elude to the location of the reception on the directions card...i.e. "Directions to wedding and reception...etc."

What do you think?

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I would simply say something along the lines of "Please remain at the "so and so" for an outdoor reception immediately following the ceremony" - that clearly states that it''s in the same place but lets guests know that the reception will be outdoors...something along that line...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I put:

Reception to follow

Friends of mine have put:

Dinner and dancing to follow.

If you don''t put a separate venue address, people assume it''s at the same place.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 10:48:51 AM
Author: Pandora II
I put:

Reception to follow

If you don''t put a separate venue address, people assume it''s at the same place.

ooohhh...good one. Why didn''t I think of that before? Thanks, guys!

clop

Shiny_Rock
My wedding will be flip flopped with yours - ceremony tented outside, and reception inside. I asked the hotel coordinator what to put on the invitations (the ceremony tented area has a name) and he said just to put the hotel name, there will be people directing guests to the appropriate location the day of.

Hope that helps!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 10:48:51 AM
Author: Pandora II
I put:

Reception to follow

That''s what we did, for the reason that Pandora mentioned.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
We plan on doing the same thing, but I think we''re going to use the "Dinner and dancing to follow" wording since it''s a little less formal/more fun sounding I think. In lieu of a separate reception card we''re just going to include a map card.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results