shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding hair style

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

So I have pretty much decided I will be wearing my hair half down in loose curls/waves. I will be wearing a mantilla style veil for the ceremony then taking it off right away. I was wondering, originally my florist was going to provide me with some fresh flower hair pins (cause I was going to wear my hair in a chignon) but now that I am wearing it down - can I pull it off? Another alternative would be to pin the hair back with pins... So I guess my question is if I wear my hair half up like in this picture - should I add real flower hair pins or some type of crystal/pearl hair pin?

jessica-simpsons-wedding-hair.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I think that hairstyle would look sweet and romantic with a few smaller flowers. But if you''re going for a more glam look, then I think those hair pins look nice. What does your dress look like?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d say glam it up with a pretty crystal pin. Your dress is very glam, as is your venue. To give you an idea of the kind of pin I''m thinking: this is what I bought for myself from ebay: crystal hair pin

I''m having my hair half up and half down too! Although you''ll be able to pull it off waaayyy better than me, you''ve got beautiful long hair!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
I think its a beautiful hair style with the fresh flower or a crystal pin will look gorgeous, maybe you could have a trial and take pics and see which one you would like to choose crystal or flowers. I love flowers maybe one big one on the side?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that hairstyle and i think the pins would look amazing!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think either would look very pretty - totally depends on what you prefer/what look you are going for. I''d second the suggestion of trying to take pictures both way too see which you prefer.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:07:59 PM
Author: kama_s
I''d say glam it up with a pretty crystal pin. Your dress is very glam, as is your venue. To give you an idea of the kind of pin I''m thinking: this is what I bought for myself from ebay: crystal hair pin

I''m having my hair half up and half down too! Although you''ll be able to pull it off waaayyy better than me, you''ve got beautiful long hair!
Hey girl - I just bought this piece from the same ebay member! Thanks for the info!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260354996910

It might be ugo in person but who knows! I am wearing pearls for the wedding so I thought it might match. I may still go the floral route...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks cute in the picture! Hope it looks good IRL....hope mine looks okay IRL too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that style! That''s what I have in my head for my hair, but my hair is no where near that length or volume...

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty comb. Forgive my ignorance, but will you have something else holding your hair back functionally? I don''t quite understand how the pins or the comb stay in otherwise. Your original photo at the top of this thread looks like small barrettes holding the hair back.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:32:59 AM
Author: mayachel
Very pretty comb. Forgive my ignorance, but will you have something else holding your hair back functionally? I don''t quite understand how the pins or the comb stay in otherwise. Your original photo at the top of this thread looks like small barrettes holding the hair back.
hehehe - well I think the hairdresser will pin my hair back with bobby pins (invisible) and i will either put this comb or flowers in the middle of the part that is pulled back.... both would have to be further pined to be secured.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh. Thanks for explaining that. I think the comb will look beautiful in your hair. Does that mean you are still considering flowers? Do you know what type? I like The way gardenia''s look on brides.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 9:10:39 PM
Author: kama_s
Looks cute in the picture! Hope it looks good IRL....hope mine looks okay IRL too!
kama - did you get your hair pins? I received mine and it''s very nice!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:42:23 AM
Author: mayachel
Ahh. Thanks for explaining that. I think the comb will look beautiful in your hair. Does that mean you are still considering flowers? Do you know what type? I like The way gardenia''s look on brides.
I just realized I never answered your question! My florist suggested gladiola blooms. She described the hair flowers as "A white gladiola blooms with soft ruffled edges is the perfect hair flower as it sits flat to the head. The bloom is individually wired and secured with floral tape so it is comfortable to wear."

I might ended up changing the flower... I am going to ask her to make me a sample next time I see her.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:22:56 PM
Author: jerseygrl
what about a gardenia? My florist told me gladiola is a funeral flower...
hehehe yeah I heard that too - they are pretty though! I am having a few here and there in my bouquet which also has roses and calla lillies. I don''t really mind that they are funeral flowers since that is so culturally dependent (I think in polish cultures calla lillies are funeral flowers)... all that is meaningless to me... as long as they aren''t dark, sad looking flowers I won''t be thinking of funerals!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
ilovethiswebsite, have you posted where you got your veil? It looks fantastic on you!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:06:13 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
ilovethiswebsite, have you posted where you got your veil? It looks fantastic on you!
Why thank you my dear! I got it from the same bridal shop where I got my dress - which was Becker''s Bridal on the Danforth (in Toronto)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you''re thinking about a flower for the hair, I''d strongly suggest silk! The heat rising from your head is enough to make the flower (especially a delicate one like a gardenia) wilt within a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results