shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Ceremony....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea if this is correct...let me know what you think of the order of the ceremony and what is said. Should I omit something, switch something up. This seems to be the part of the wedding I''m most stressing over right now!

OPENING WORDS OF THE OFFICIANT
We have come together today to witness the joining in marriage of Mr. taovandel and Ms. taovandel. As family and friends we wish to send them on their way with our love and best wishes for their future.
Marriage has certain qualities of contract, in which two people take on the housekeeping tasks of living together, to enhance life''s joy.
However, marriage is more than a contract. It is commitment to take that joy deep: deeper than happiness, deep into the discovery of who you most truly are. It is a commitment to a spiritual journey, to a life of becoming, in which joy can comprehend despair, running through rivers of pain into joy again.
And thus marriage is even deeper than commitment. It is a promise, a solemn promise that says:
I love you.
I trust you.
I will be here for you when you are hurting, and when I am hurting.
I will not leave.

This is no promise to provide haven from pain, or from anger and sorrow. Life offers no such haven. Instead, marriage is intended to provide a sanctuary safe enough to risk loving, to risk living and sharing from the center of oneself. This is worth everything.

THE GIVING IN MARRIAGE
"Who gives this woman to be wedded to this man?"
"Her mother and I do"

AN OPENING PRAYER OR READING
Bless this marriage, O God, as ____ and ____ begin their journey down the road of life together.
We don''t know what lies ahead for the road turns and bends. But help them to make the best of whatever comes their way.
Help them to hug each other often, talk and laugh a lot.
Help them to continue to enjoy each other as they did when they first met.
Help them to realize that nothing nor no one is perfect and to look for the good in all things and all people including themselves.
Help them to respect each other''s likes and dislikes, opinion and beliefs, hopes and dreams and fears.
Help them to learn from each other and to help each other to grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Help them to realize that there is design and purpose in their lives as in the world, and if they will hold onto each other, they will know that things have a way of working out for the good.
Help them to create for their children a peaceful, stable home of love as a foundation on which they can build their lives.
But most of all, dear God, help them to keep lit the torch of love'' that they now share in their hearts so that by their loving example they may pass on the light of love to their children and to their children''s children forever. Amen
DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE
"Marriage is a promise of companionship,
Of having someone to share
All of life’s experiences.
Marriage does not promise that there will
Not be any rough times,
Just the assurance that there will
Always be someone
Who cares and will help you through
To better times.
Marriage does not promise eternal romance,
Just eternal love and commitment.
Marriage cannot prevent disappointments,
Disillusionment, or grief,
But it can offer hope, acceptance,
And comfort.
Marriage can’t protect you from making
Individual choices
Or shelter you from the world,
But it will help to reassure you
That there is someone by your side
Who truly cares,
When the world hurts you
And makes you feel vulnerable,
Marriage offers the promise that there will
Be someone waiting to listen,
To console, to inspire.
Marriage is the joining of two people
Who share the promise
That only marriage can make –
To share the sunshine and the shadows,
And to experience a richer, more fulfilling life
Because of it."

WEDDING VOWS
Minister:
Do you, ________, take ________ to be your wedded wife, to do your best to understand her as she is, loving what you know of her and trusting what changes the future will bring, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?
Groom:
I do.
Minister:
Do you, ________, take ________ to be your wedded husband, to do your best to understand him as he is, loving what you know of him and trusting what changes the future will bring, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?
Bride:
I do.

EXCHANGE OF RINGS OR GIFTS

The ring, a circle, is one of nature’s simplest forms. The arc of the rainbow, the halo of the moon and the smallest of raindrops simulate the circle. When a stone is cast upon a pond, it generates waves in ever expanding circles.

Consider this marriage as being two stones striking the water simultaneously. The ensuing waves interlock, and the growth of the enlarging circles show the combined energies of the lives of ________ & ________. The interlocking of these two lives will be symbolized in the exchange of rings.

GROOM/BRIDE, please place the ring on BRIDE/GROOM''S left hand and repeat after me:

BRIDE/GROOM, I give you this ring as a sign of my devotion and love and with my all my heart I promise to you all that I am. With this ring I marry you and join my life to yours.

DECLARATION OF MARRIAGE

Because _________ and __________ have exchanged these vows of love in our presence, we now recognize them as husband and wife.

Benediction: Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive, leaving no tracks of resentment behind each day. May your love consist not only in gazing into each other''s eyes, but in looking outward in the same direction. May your life together be a source of strength and inspiration to yourselves, your families, your friends, and to all whose lives you touch.

You may now kiss your bride.

INTRODUCTION OF NEWLYWEDS
"I present to you Mr. and Mrs. ________"

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so I''ve only gotten as far as the opening words of the officiant, but they gave me goosebumps, so I think that''s a good sign...

*keeps reading*
34.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I just finished it, and honestly I can''t find a single thing to change. It all seems to flow and I really enjoyed reading it and I think all of the words spoken truly reflect the meaning of marriage. It''s deep, but not so deep that people will get lost in it. But I love the fact that it''s honest. So many things that are said during a marriage ceremony are about all of the lovey dovey mushy stuff, which is of course an important part of love and marriage, but the deep commitment and being there for each other when life seems like it can''t get any worse, and loving each other despite flaws, and bad moods and bad hair days
3.gif
- those things are really what a good marriage consists of and I think the words here reflect that.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Your officiant should be familiar with the order and will be better able to tell you if this is correct or not, I think. Since a lot of people customize ceremonies and a lot of religions have different stipulations and requirements, I think it is too variable to know "the" way.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much ladies!

I''m having a destination wedding so I won''t get to meet the officiant until the rehearsal. I wanted to make sure most of the kinks were worked out before he saw it as we wouldn''t have a lot of time to fix things.

I will be sending the resort a copy of the ceremony to get everything approved first. But I wanted to make sure I didn''t look crazy.

I also really like how honest it is (Good choice of words, Pearl).

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am having a destination wedding too, but I was lucky enough to have met with out officiant. However, they should be able to email you a copy of their ceremony ideas etc. We have tons of options to chose from. ie. with the intro, we can chose from about 30 passages, and change them and add things as we like, making them more personal.

I can't publish them here as they are not mine to give, but if you contact them, they may be able to send you suggestions. It's the done thing here in Australia.

It sounds great btw.

We are having the following program:

Candle lighting
Brides entrance
Introduction
Monitum (legally required)
Giving Away
Reading
The asking (do you, take yada yada to be you lawful husband yada yada)
Introduction to Vows
Vows
Exchange of rings
Reading
Conclusion statements etc
Kiss!!!
Introducing Mr and Mrs Honey
Signing of the registry

I think that's how it goes, I am going from memory here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results