shape
carat
color
clarity

Watters San Migeuel dress..I''m in LOVE (problem: already have my dress)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jojolh

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am another lurker who follows all of your posts regularly and have posted on here several times but not for quite some time. We are 2 weeks out from the wedding and everything is falling into place...until I saw this dress in the magazine the other day and can''t get it out of my mind.

My dress is pretty, it''s actually also a Watter, similar style to this but all chiffon. I don''t know....the crochet one is so beautiful and ME. With the wedding in 2 weeks I must be acting crazy. The dress I have is going to be great, maybe I just need some talking down (or advice if anyone has seen this dress in person or knows anyone selling the sample!)

Thanks for listening...:)

4049B-1.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress. I'm going through the same exact thing with my dress, and my wedding is also 2 weeks out. I think everyone does this. Is mine too plain? Too common? Too trendy? Too much beading? Too short of a train? I saw a dress posted here on Pricescope very recently that seriously made me think about getting it and having it rush altered.

I told myself this, and hopefully this will help you too: a) you loved your dress enough to buy it, so it's "you" in some way and it's what you want, b) one dress over another isn't going to change how you feel on that day, c) buying another dress and doing alterations in that short of time is going to be expensive and might not be possible, d) a few years from now, you won't remember that you wanted another dress and will look at the pictures and reflect on how beautiful you felt that day, e) you will see many dresses that are prettier than yours, and f) you are completely nuts for wanting another dress in 2 weeks
41.gif

I'm sure your dress is fine. Better than fine. I'm sure you look beautiful in it, otherwise you would not have bought it.

ETA: Post pics of your dress that you do have so we can ohh and ahh over it!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
You''re just having a mini panic attack dear... Your dress will be gorgeous I''m sure. :)

I agree with Lanie, you have to post pics so we can ogle it! :p
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone goes through this-don''t worry it''ll be fine!

And realistically this dress isn''t even an option. No way you could get one in 2 weeks. And even if you were able to get your hands on one alterations in such a short period of time would be a nightmare on a sample dress!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh no! it really is what every bride goes through, i think. i went from thinking my dress was "the one" to hating it, to buying my shoes and loving it again because i could see them together. there will ALWAYS be another dress, and a dress in a magazine never looks the same on. i''d love to see your dress!! can you post pics?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Jojolh...I don''t see you on the BIW list...do you want me to add you?

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
can we see your original dress? :) I quite agree with Lanie but just curious

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure the dress you have is the right one for you. I think every bride goes through this a couple weeks before her wedding, sort of panicked about the dress she has. You must have tried on several dresses and researched before choosing the dress you have and I''m sure you much have had input from several family members and friends. You are going to look fabulous in the dress you already have.
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 1:21:56 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Do not buy another dress!
Ditto! And put away the dress magazine! This doesn''t happen to every bride, just the ones who continue to look.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 1:37:47 PM
Author: meresal

Date: 7/13/2009 1:21:56 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Do not buy another dress!
Ditto! And put away the dress magazine! This doesn''t happen to every bride, just the ones who continue to look.
I love the dress
30.gif
but meresal is right - you''re to close to your wedding to start changing your mind about the dress you''ve already chosen

jojolh

Rough_Rock
You ladies are the best...I was having a mini panic attack! Working 15 hours a day and having the entire family arriving in 2 days doesn''t help!

I don''t post on here often enough but I look to you ladies often for advice and to see the beautiful weddings. My dress is being altered as we speak and I know once I have it on the day of the wedding I will be in love all over again.

One week to go...I am a lunatic...but in a good way!!!!

Off to run 1,001 errands, hope everyone is having a good day.

jojo one week until the big day!!!!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I went through the same thing...and kept my original dress. It is just a sign of stress (I think)...you start to totally second guess some wedding-related decisions. Plus, there are LOTS of pretty dresses out there, it is easy to be tempted.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
the dress you posted IS beautiful... but can we take a peek on what you bought please? it''s hard to compare something i haven''t seen...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results