shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to see pictures from my disasterous second fitting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Well it wasn''t that bad but really....my dress is too short, alterations not done, blood on the dress, buttons removed...I could go on. They are fixing but really??? I''d be ok if it weren''t for the fact that they totally messed up my bridesmaid dress order too. Now, that was a disaster. Hold on...pics coming up.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
did you ask about the blood?????? that would bother me

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Ouch! Yes, pictures please...

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i''m about to leave to watch the time traveler''s wife, so sorry for disappearing right after asking to see! i will be back in a few hours.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How is there blood on the dress? That doesn''t sound very good!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
lol...I was trying to resize. They said they would fix everything. The blood is from the seamstress pricking herself the last time. Well...that lady is no longer there and the manager said they would have the dress cleaned. The buttons are supposed to be put back on this week. These pics are all out of order...hopefully they work..

I had my sunglasses on still and was stressed with all the alterations not having been done.

ff1em.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Dress was still really big! I''m trying to show her that there is about four inches in my chest!

ff2em.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Pointing to the bustle that was not done (my MOH came in from boston to see how to do it!) as well as the no buttons.

ff3em.jpg

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
EM1, I''m so sorry everything''s screwed up -- but know that you look beautiful regardless.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
you couldn''t tell it was so bad by the pics. you look gorgeous girlie! seriously... you look amazing. hope she fixes whatever you say is wrong because it looks perfect to me :) cheer up! at least the dress is big and not small right? LOL

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
here...I''m noticing its too short. Be honest...my MOH said its fine. What do you think. It''s only about a half inch too short. Is that too picky?

ff7em.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Besides the blood, I think the biggest issue is the puckering of the material. The dress was SO big that when they pulled the material tight they couldn''t flatten it out. You can see where the flare of the crinoline starts and it is really bothersome expecially since my alterations were expensive.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
hey! i was an idiot and went to the wrong theater. i missed the movie
7.gif
. so as far as your dress goes, it looks wonderful!!! i''m sure there are a lot of brides who would love to have your disasterous second fitting as their fitting :). i get that it is too big though, and the other things like the blood, the buttons, and oh yeah....the failure to make the bustle are inexcusable. if i were your moh i''d be annoyed!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this happened to you! I''m sure they''ll fix it. BTW, you still look GORGEOUS!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
EM, sorry about all the stress. They better get to fixing it!!!

I don''t think your dress is too short. You can see the ruffles and I like that part of it. I''m assuming that picture is taken with your shoes on. If you don''t have shoes, then it''s too short. Hope that helps a little.

Despite the dress being too big, it looks gorgeous on you!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for listening ladies! I know, its not that bad, just stupid. Li...my shoes are on...you think, ok?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I would prefer my dress to be that length because then it won''t drag on the floor, get all dirty, and no one can step on it. The puckering of the fabric, yeah it is noticeable. Sorry things were not finished and well, screwed up! But alas, you still look gorgeous and it sounds like everything but the length is fixable. If they can''t fix the puckering, they are no good at what they do, should not be paid in full, and your money and dress should be taken else where. Good luck and let us know what happens!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
yes!!! honestly, the length looks ok. what does it do when you walk? does it show your shoes??

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
It shows the shoes a little but I''m just sad...I paid for cut to measure. When they added the crinoline it made the dress short. Anyway, I did lose weight this year but really they said I should order the big dress. The puckering really pisses me off. I''ll have to pray that next week its fixed. My MOH that was with me is a reporter for fox and she is furious at all the dealings we have had with POB and I know she''s about peved enough to do a story on it. They are supposed to be upscale and we''ve had nothing but problems with them.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 8:27:46 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
It shows the shoes a little but I''m just sad...I paid for cut to measure. When they added the crinoline it made the dress short. Anyway, I did lose weight this year but really they said I should order the big dress. The puckering really pisses me off. I''ll have to pray that next week its fixed. My MOH that was with me is a reporter for fox and she is furious at all the dealings we have had with POB and I know she''s about peved enough to do a story on it. They are supposed to be upscale and we''ve had nothing but problems with them.

Now those are the kind of friends to have!
11.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i'd be frustrated as all get out as well- given that everything having to do with women's fashions of the day have been messed up, they shouldn't get any glowing reviews from you! their own fault! sorry you're dealing with this...now i'm nervous for my final fitting, as I've only had my initial and then I'll have my final!

can i just say your face is priceless in those pictures!?
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
you look beyond mad, and to be honest, it's pretty funny to see. i'm sure once you get all the alterations "altered" then you'll look back and laugh, because there is NO part of you who looks happy in those pictures. the one where you are pointing to the missing buttons says it all!

you can tell that the dress puckers a bit. i hope that can be fixed, because right now it just looks like it needs a good pressing. as for the blood...seriously??? how much blood was there?

i don't think it really looks too short, either. it will make it a whole lot easier to move in it. if you're REALLY uncomfortable with it, with all of the hastles you've had with alterations, i'd try to find some shoes that were a little shorter. no point in chancing something else getting messed up.

ETA: I LOVE THAT BUSTLE!!!!!!!!!! I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW STUNNING IT IS WHEN YOU WALK!!!!!!!!!!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
No kidding...Charbie. Here is the thing...I bought my shoes before I bought the dress! I walked into the store with the shoes, had the dress measured with the shoes...everything. I think they should add an additional layer/ruffle in my opinion but everyone in the store thought I was nuts about the length. No way in heck am I changing the shoes. I''ve had them for over a year now waiting to wear them. The only hope is that maybe I''ll change into flats at the reception. I''m just pissed. So much money.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I think you look look gorgeous regardless!! Your face is these pictures speaks 1000 words though! (as it should, for what they are putting you through!). I do not think it is too short however... I''d rather have it that length than dragging on the ground all night and getting in your way while walking. But you should get what you ordered and what you wanted. I''m so sorry you''ve had to put up with all the stress!
5.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 8:11:25 PM
Author: cocolaw
yes!!! honestly, the length looks ok. what does it do when you walk? does it show your shoes??
I dunno... I think it''s just right. It''ll be nice to see a sneak peek of those gorgeous shoes when you walk.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 8:59:47 PM
Author: MagsyMay
Well, I think you look look gorgeous regardless!! Your face is these pictures speaks 1000 words though! (as it should, for what they are putting you through!). I do not think it is too short however... I''d rather have it that length than dragging on the ground all night and getting in your way while walking. But you should get what you ordered and what you wanted. I''m so sorry you''ve had to put up with all the stress!
5.gif

ditto!!!! i think it will be really beautiful when finished, and the length is fine!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I tend to over analyize if you hadn''t guessed so the reassurance helps a lot. I''m going to try not to stress and hope its fixed by next week. The only problem is that next week I have to go alone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results