shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendors that Can''t Follow Directions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I am kind of irritated. I sent a request to one of my vendors to EMAIL me pricing and availibility information. I specifically said that I would prefer to be emailed. And what happens not more than 1/2 hour after I ask for the info? They call me. (I am happy they were at least prompt)

I didn''t answer the phone, because I clearly knew it was them. (Out of state number that I didn''t recognize). So they left a voicemail to call them back. But their office hours are not convienient for me at all.

This is why I wanted to get the info via email. I live on the west coast, the wedding is on the east coast. Their office closes before I get out of the office and I''m not going to get up super early so I can call a vendor when I''m groggy.

I realize they probably prefer the phone, and they can get their "personality" across better over the phone, etc etc. But when I specifically asked for one type of communication (that isn''t very hard to do...its not like I said "Please send the info via carrier pigeon) it is irritating when they can''t follow that request. Aaaand, at this point, they still haven''t emailed me the info. I''d be okay with a call and the email. Then I can ignore the call, look over the email and forward it to my mom who can work with the vendor from that state.

The worst part about the whole thing? The guy that called me from the vendor is someone I went to high school with!!
29.gif

Just needed to vent!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Call them after they''ve left for the day and leave a message saying you received their message but it is incovenient for you to talk to them by phone because of the time difference and ask them again to please email you.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
It is possible that they make it a habit to use the phone instead of email to avoid having a written record of their prices out in the world or a record of their communication with you in your hands. I don''t have any idea if that''s the case here... just trying to think of why someone would not want to send an email. I''d much rather email someone than call!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results