shape
carat
color
clarity

vc10um Picked a Dress!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
After agonizing over many beautiful choices, I finally realized that I found my dream dress at, shockingly enough, David's Bridal!

After dress shopping with Clairitek and trying on some positively gorgeous gowns, she said something that really stuck with me about when she chose her dress: when she found THE dress, it was the one she didn't want to change a single thing about.

And that's how I feel about this dress!

So without further ado, I present my dress: Galina, for David's Bridal

Just the dress

The dress with sash (in the wrong color) and veil.

With a purple sash!

And last but not least, showing off the purple satin Stuart Weitzman Turalus that I'll be wearing with it!

I will be wearing a veil and an ivory sash with some type of flower embellishment during the ceremony, and then the purple sash and a hair flower for the reception, like in the last picture.

I am so very very excited!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Davids Bridal C8a.jpg

Davids Bridal C7a.jpg

Davids Bridal C14a.jpg

Davids Bridal C34a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
And a shot of the shoes themselves for good measure...

August 2010 236a.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh lovely! i am so glad you found YOUR dress!!! :) it looks lovely on you and the shoes are just :love:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT! I love the straps (especially the criss-cross back) and the pleating. It looks beautiful on you! And those shoes... :love:

I'm so jealous that you have PSer to go shopping with. I desperately need someone other than my mother, but don't have anyone local to go with me.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry said:
LOVE IT! I love the straps (especially the criss-cross back) and the pleating. It looks beautiful on you! And those shoes... :love:

I'm so jealous that you have PSer to go shopping with. I desperately need someone other than my mother, but don't have anyone local to go with me.

Move back to DC **now** and then I'll go with you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh, and thanks to both you and slg!!! I'm kinda head over heels (no pun intended) in LURVE with my shoes.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finding your dress! The last photo of you with the shoes and the sash shows just a taste of all the fun you'll be having with that dress. It definitely seems to go with your personality. So, one more thing of the wedding to-do list!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, it looks beautiful on you vc10um! :appl: :appl: :appl: And did I see correctly - it has pockets?
I love your idea of changing out the sash for the reception too.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
AN and HH, thanks so much!!!

sandyandissac...why yes, it DOES have pockets! I figure pulling a hanky out of one of them is classier than pulling one out of my cleavage, no? :praise: Plus, think of all the fun poses for pictures!!! :bigsmile:

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! I am loving that dress! You look fantastic! And you look HAPPY which really is the most important part.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on finding the dress. I love it on you, and I think it's awesome that you are going to have fun with the sashes by changing them out... great shoes, too!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the pockets, the straps, and how happy you look in it! Congratulations my dear!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
PP, lucyandroger, CurlySue, and stephb0lt...thanks so much!

I really do love the dress. It doesn't hurt that my MOM actually loves the dress...and so did all my bridesmaids, including my very-difficult-to-please sister/MOH.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE It on you! Simple and elegant.

I got my dress ad DB too. I am ESTATIC that it didn't cost me a fortune!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, nkarma and diamondbuggy!!!

Pushin...I think you hit on two of reasons I chose the dress: it's simplicity, and it's modern but classic elegance. I really feel like David's Bridal has stepped up their game as of late...I actually really liked several of the dresses I tried on there!

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
LOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!! Especially the plum purple sash and shoes! (not that I'm, eh hm, partial to purple at all :naughty: ) You look wonderful, and best of all, you look super happy- which is how it should be!

Congrats on a wonderful dress! :appl:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thank you tammy77, oddoneout, and calibali!!! I can't wait to go order it and make it officially MINE!

IrisAccents...I can't believe I found the perfect purple shoes...and that David's Bridal has a satin sash in the EXACT. SAME. COLOR. :love: Our colors are black and white damask, amethyst, and kelly green (mine and FI's favorite colors...and I think they look smashing together!)...SO excited I'll have a little pop of color!!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I absolutely love this dress on you. You look stunning and gorgeous in it. Congrats on finding "the one" :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
kata, elro, and Future Mrs. S...thanks so much! I love coming back to see what people think of the dress...but mostly I'm loving coming back to look at the pictures of me *in* the dress!

I might be one of those brides that ends up playing dressup at home a few (or many) times before the wedding!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!!! But, more importantly, love the big smile plastered on your face while wearing it! :appl:

Now, while I totally see you playing dress up, if you keep it in the house will A be able to behave himself??? I was pretty sure Dan would, but just in case I put a lock on my bag as a deterrent for any moments of weakness. It's quite easy - you just sew a washer to the bag at the top of the zipper, then lock the zipper to the washer with a luggage lock. :naughty:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
ladyciel said:
Love it!!! But, more importantly, love the big smile plastered on your face while wearing it! :appl:

Now, while I totally see you playing dress up, if you keep it in the house will A be able to behave himself??? I was pretty sure Dan would, but just in case I put a lock on my bag as a deterrent for any moments of weakness. It's quite easy - you just sew a washer to the bag at the top of the zipper, then lock the zipper to the washer with a luggage lock. :naughty:

Thanks, love!!!

As for A, tempting him with pictures has been completely unsuccessful, so I can't imagine him sneaking a peek. But...seeing as the dress is going to have to fly on an airplane to Kansas City...locking the garment bag isn't a bad idea! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh red sash, red sash!!

Gotta love a dress that makes you smile like that VC, you look radiant and the dress looks fabulous :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results