shape
carat
color
clarity

updates updates updates i have updates coming out my ears

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
We have our reception site reserved for 11/14/09
We have my childhood church reserved for 11/14/09
We have a photographer reserved for 11/14/09
We have an idea of what dresses we like and what color the bridal party will be
My dad has an idea of the band him and my mom want (yeah i want my friend to dj, this issue is still in progress)
And I think that is all so far
oh and I asked all the bridesmaids to be in the wedding...FI still needs to get on that for groomsmen
Ok that is all so far

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
awesome! you''re well on your way :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Make sure to point out to mom and dad that this is your wedding... not theirs lol.

Congrats on getting so much accomplished already!

Halo

Shiny_Rock
You''re really on top of things:) You already have your ceremony and reception venues, that''s half the battle, hehe. Good job, it must be so nice to have those things decided so early!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Geez, you''re way ahead of me, and my wedding is on Oct. 11th 09! I need to get in gear!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
haha well my parents having done 2 weddings in the past know how much time it takes so they have me getting a headstart. I''m the last in the family to get married and i think they want to just enjoy everything and not stress too much at the end. and as a liw having read lots of bww forums i know that''s the truth haha. i would rather just enjoy the last few weeks before the wedding without having too much to do :)

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you are on top of things. Another thing to consider is to look at flowers that are in season especially in November so you could keep your floral cost low. Of course, I actually paid extra money to import calla lilies since I was afraid it was going to be hot and I didn''t want my bouquet to die in the heat.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I actually already have the flowers covered, I used to work in a floral shop and do arrangements and everything. I''m so glad I had that job, it really came in handy! lol I''m also getting my flowers discounted at the same shop :)

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, good, I''m not the only one that is working way ahead. My wedding is Sept. 19, ''09 and I have already:

-- Booked the ceremony and reception venues
-- Booked the photographer
-- Finalized the guest list
-- Sent out save the dates (so that everyone can book hotel rooms, which can sell out 9-10 months in advance)
-- Bought my dress and shoes
-- Obtained the necessary permit required by the national park we''re getting married in (Yosemite)
-- Finalized my wedding party
-- Booked the hotel rm for the wedding night and the night prior

-- Put together a preliminary reception flow
-- Tentative seating for family at the ceremony
-- Interviewed officiants
-- Am interviewing florists this weekend
-- Probably identified pianist for the ceremony and social hour
-- Begun thinking about writing the ceremony

-- Met with the venue coordinator and discussed preliminary venue set-up and finalized what items the venue provides and what I have to bring myself (i.e. microphone, speakers for iPod, special colored linens, etc)
-- Have almost designed my DIY invites even though the won''t go out for months
-- Begun compiling list of reception music to be played on the iPod

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
oh wow i can just imagine where i am going to be in a month!
i hate to say it but i think i am addicted to wedding planning hahah
it fills my previous LIW posting addiction :)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
OMG! I''m getting married in July and I thought I was way ahead of the game! You guys are SO MUCH farther along than me!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
haha I got my degree in graphic design too so i''m doing all the invitations and save the dates myself as well as the slideshow for the reception :)

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
It''s hard to get out of that "wedding planning mode" once you get started. I still find myself trolling theknot''s photo gallery for "inspiration"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results