shape
carat
color
clarity

Transportation Logistics Nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimberlina13

Shiny_Rock
Need help organizing transportation for me (bride) and groom, and rest of bridal party from ceremony to reception. Ideally, would love to transport everyone together so that we all get there at the same time and immediately go into pictures (reception site will be where majority of pics are taken). However, with my side of the party, more than likely, most will have to travel from their homes to the salon or hotel room (haven''t figured out where we''re getting hair/make done), so if we all take the limo, that means S.O. or date will have to drive them from reception back to get-ready site...AGH! My head is about to explode...has anyone already gone through this to offer insight??

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I was in my sister's wedding and she insisted that her and all of her bridesmaids take a limo from her house (where we got ready) to the ceremony and then to the reception. Of course, we all had our cars at her house. I didn't like it but kept my mouth shut because it was her wedding day after all
2.gif

When my fiance and I were ready to leave at the end of the night we had to call a cab. We stayed pretty late but my sister stayed later so we didn't have use of the limo, which of course was waiting for her. Kinda a pain in the a**.

Maybe you could have everyone meet at the reception place prior to the wedding and then you can all go together to get ready. (Well boys and girls separatly). That way everyone's cars would be there, assuming they could park them there for the day.

We had 2 limos, one for the boys and one for the girls, prior to the wedding. Could the limos meet you guys at the reception site to pick you up (before the wedding) and take you to the getting-ready place? After the ceremony, the entire wedding party could all just use one limo to get to the reception site.

Will people be drinking and be able to drive themselves home?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I didnt worry with the bridal party transportation 1: becuase of your question and 2: because of cost. Everyone pretty much left the church at the same time and arrived within 5 minutes of everyone else. If you are really worried about it, maye you can ask that everyone wait and leave together, following whatever mode of transportation you and FI are using. If they know they need to be at the reception right after for pictures, they will understand. I certainly would.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 8:52:04 AM
Author: njc
I didnt worry with the bridal party transportation 1: becuase of your question and 2: because of cost. Everyone pretty much left the church at the same time and arrived within 5 minutes of everyone else. If you are really worried about it, maye you can ask that everyone wait and leave together, following whatever mode of transportation you and FI are using. If they know they need to be at the reception right after for pictures, they will understand. I certainly would.
I agree with njc...any wedding I have been in or attended, the brodal party all had their own transportation, leaving the bride and groom a little alone time - well except when transported by best man and maid of honor - and everyone made it to the picture site at the same time because they all followed each other :} Makes less headache for you, and the bridal party have their own vehicle when it was time to go seperate ways :} Just my 2c worth :}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results