shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you notes for cash gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candy

Rough_Rock
I was married a few weeks ago and am now writing thank you notes. We received many generous cash gifts, and I am having a difficult time writing these notes without striking the wrong tone. I know that I''m supposed to say something along the lines of, "Thank you very much for the generous wedding gift. We will use it for ________." However, our most likely use for the cash gifts is home improvements / investments and that doesn''t sound so warm and fuzzy in a thank you note.

Any ideas from you ever-so-polite and gracious brides?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 11:20:07 PM
Author:candy
I was married a few weeks ago and am now writing thank you notes. We received many generous cash gifts, and I am having a difficult time writing these notes without striking the wrong tone. I know that I''m supposed to say something along the lines of, ''Thank you very much for the generous wedding gift. We will use it for ________.'' However, our most likely use for the cash gifts is home improvements / investments and that doesn''t sound so warm and fuzzy in a thank you note.

Any ideas from you ever-so-polite and gracious brides?
How about, Thank you very much for your generous gift. It is very much appreciated as we begin our new life together.

That can mean a lot of things...which includes putting together a household.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like what TG says and thank them for being there and tell them how you enjoyed seeing them. Hope that helps.
You are a very thoughtful bride.
12.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go - feel free to plagerize if you would like...

Dear Aunt Myrtle with a hump and glass eye,
Thank you so much for the generous wedding gift! We plan to put it towards our home renovation projects. We are currently focusing on our kitchen. It was kind of you to help us move closer to our goal of a beautiful home.
We were thrilled you were able to celebrate our wedding with us. It was wonderful seeing you. The day was made more special by your presence.
With thanks,
schmoozy bride and groom

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 11:39:56 PM
Author: Munchkin
Here you go - feel free to plagerize if you would like...

Dear Aunt Myrtle with a hump and glass eye,
Thank you so much for the generous wedding gift! We plan to put it towards our home renovation projects. We are currently focusing on our kitchen. It was kind of you to help us move closer to our goal of a beautiful home.
We were thrilled you were able to celebrate our wedding with us. It was wonderful seeing you. The day was made more special by your presence.
With thanks,
schmoozy bride and groom
That was great, Munchkin!

*Runs off to find pen and paper to copy down for future reference!*

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I would recommend NOT saying that you are using the money for renovations. When people give money they hope you will buy something you really want (that they couldn''t pick out) that will be remembered as a wedding gift 20. When you have long moved out of your house you won''t have a bowl or vase to look at and say, "this was a wedding gift". Even tho there is nothing wrong with using the money any way you choose, it might offend some (probably older married people who will think of your renovation costs as your own expenses to cover). Best to say you appreciate the gift and thank you. Anyway, no one is obligated to think of a specific item 2 weeks after your wedding.

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I''m in the midst of writing thank you cards too.

Dear Aunt ___,

Thank you very much for your generous gift/check. Hubby and I will be sure to spend it wisely. We are touched that you thought of us on our special day.

Love,
Bride & Groom

Sooner82

Rough_Rock
Check out this article for writing thank yous. I find it pretty helpful.

http://www.themorningnews.org/archives/how_to/how_to_write_a_thankyou_note.php

candy

Rough_Rock
Thanks to your great advice, my invitations are complete!
36.gif

I appreciate all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results