shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuck on Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
We are getting married on the beach right outside the restaurant where the reception is.
We are doing pictures before the ceremony and participating in cocktail hour.

I''m stuck on things like when the dances should be...when do people typically do the first dance and toasts?
Right now the the timeline lists:

cocktails 11:00-11:45
everyone seated 11:45-11:55
grand entrance 11:55 (now i see this as silly even here since we will have been in there for cocktail hour already)
toasts 12:00-12:15
lunch 12:15-1:30
1st dance 1:45
father daughter dance
mother son dance
cake cutting
party --->end

it seems to me that lunch is served pretty close to cocktail hour- according to the timeline they gave us, cocktails end at 11:45, then lunch is at 12:15 - there will be lots of food at cocktail hour so i want people to actually be hungry for lunch.

would it be ok to do it this way:
everyone seated
1st dance
bride / father dance
groom/ mother
lunch

then do toasts right before cake cutting?

or should we stretch more time before lunch and do the toasts before lunch, too?

i''m so torn....any input would be appreciated.
thanks so much! :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
My guess is, people will get hungry again or want to eat again even if they''re not hungry, so I''d wait on the toasts, but I like your idea of doing the dances right off of your grand entrance, I''m sure you could combine them in a nice way, too.

What about spreading some of the toasts out over the course of the meal, between courses?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I would do the dance before the lunch, that''s what I did
41.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, definitely, do the dance before!

I just went to a wedding where they did their arrival into the reception to their first dance song...so they walked in and started dancing. It was perfect!! Then they did the father/daughter and mother/son right after...then toasts, they only had 2, but everyone already had drinks in hand from cocktail reception, or you could have grabbed a glass of champagne they were passing.

I thought it was a perfect way to start the reception portion...everyone just sort of relaxed after...danced a little, sat down to eat, danced some more. Right after lunch, they had a couples dance...it got everyone back up and mingling. Then more dancing, drinking...and cake cutting was a little later and a bit more casual - they didn''t draw a lot of attention to it, but most people took notice and watched, then got some cake.

I thought this format worked really great...getting the "formal" dances out of the way up front.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results