shape
carat
color
clarity

Some pics from my November 14th Florida Keys Wedding...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! Lately I''ve been lurking more than posting, but I wanted to share some pictures, mostly non-pro, from my wedding in Islamorada, Florida. I''ve gotten so many ideas and inspiration from PS while wedding planning, so I owe you all a HUGE THANK YOU!

Just to recap a little, the wedding was at a private estate in the Keys. It was incredible! A little over half of our guests stayed with us in the houses for 4 days and all of our events, including the wedding, were held on the property. For anyone considering a beach house wedding, DO IT! Everyone was relaxed and happy, especially DH and I!

Ok, on with the pics....

This first one is of the infinity pool in between the two houses. You can sorta see the ceremony chairs set up on the sand.

infinitypoolandchairs.jpg

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Bouquets....

(sorry its taking me a long time to post - resizing is a pain! ETA: sorry that's so big!)

IMG_3234.JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my! More pictures, please!

30.gif
30.gif

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
(I promise pics of actual people are coming up soon...lol)

Elisefeet.jpg

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
It looks really really spectacular. That is my dream wedding to do it on a beach with the guests staying with you or nearby. What a perfect backdrop! Where did you get your dress? You are such a beautiful bride. You look perfect!

Any suggestions for a future beach bride? We are prob going to do in the Riviera Maya, MX at a really small hotel (6 cabanas, sleeps 24) and rent out the whole place. I get a little stressed though thinking about how coordinate everything so it works out while doing it from afar.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
(I keep getting distracted, but I think I'm getting the hang of resizing. Sorry for the wait and for the huge fuzzy pics)

Yaymarried!.jpg

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 7:16:59 PM
Author: nkarma
It looks really really spectacular. That is my dream wedding to do it on a beach with the guests staying with you or nearby. What a perfect backdrop! Where did you get your dress? You are such a beautiful bride. You look perfect!

Any suggestions for a future beach bride? We are prob going to do in the Riviera Maya, MX at a really small hotel (6 cabanas, sleeps 24) and rent out the whole place. I get a little stressed though thinking about how coordinate everything so it works out while doing it from afar.
Hi nkarma
35.gif

My dress is a Nicole Miller that I bought on RueLaLa.com for about 1/4 of the retail price. It was a total risk, but I figured I could sell it on ebay if I didn''t like it. BUT, I ended up loving it and after alterations the total cost was under $350.
1.gif

Do you know if the hotel you''re considering helps will coordination? That may take a lot off your shoulders, but also see if they have any ridiculous restrictions. One of the challenges I had with a vacation rental as a venue was that everything wedding related had to be brought in... but that was also a benefit since it gave me complete control and there were no restrictions or limitations. Luckily I found a caterer who provided all of the rentals (lines, chairs, tables, etc), setup, food, staff, and day of coordination. She really made things easy for us and her advice on other vendors was gold!

The best advice I can give you is to make sure you have 100% confidence in the vendors you hire and listen to their suggestions!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
More pics coming....

With DH''s mom and siblings.

IMG_3284-11.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
DH and I would love to renew our vows in a ceremony like this....pure HEAVEN! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
36.gif

Lori

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 8:14:01 PM
Author: loriken214
DH and I would love to renew our vows in a ceremony like this....pure HEAVEN! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
36.gif

Lori
Lori, you absolutely should! After finding the location and caterer, it really was pretty easy to put together.

Thank you so much!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Your dress was the *perfect* beach wedding dress! It fit you like a dream! Gorgeous!

Love your pictures.
1.gif

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to include a pic of my amazing BIL and his GF. They actually missed their flight to Florida and couldn''t find another flight, so they DROVE 20 HOURS straight from St. Louis to Islamorada! Immediately after arriving BIL threw on his chef''s jacket and started grilling the meat for our rehearsal dinner. BIL and GF also spot cleaned and ironed my dress the day of the wedding AND on the day after the wedding they got a huge box of fresh oysters to shuck and serve everyone for lunch.

662275849703-1.jpg

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
And this is one of our photog''s pics of FSIL (I hope!) leaning against a tree at sunset...

Fullscreen capture 11302009 55505 PM.bmp.jpg

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 8:41:57 PM
Author: Clairitek
Your dress was the *perfect* beach wedding dress! It fit you like a dream! Gorgeous!

Love your pictures.
1.gif

Thank you Clariitek! That really means a lot coming from you! One of the threads I will NEVER forget is of you running in your wedding dress... so incredibly beautiful!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Some more cocktail hour shots...

The man in the sunglasses is my FIL and of course on the right is my SMIL who officiated the wedding.

526455849703-1.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 8:42:18 PM
Author: Inanna
I just had to include a pic of my amazing BIL and his GF. They actually missed their flight to Florida and couldn't find another flight, so they DROVE 20 HOURS straight from St. Louis to Islamorada! Immediately after arriving BIL threw on his chef's jacket and started grilling the meat for our rehearsal dinner. BIL and GF also spot cleaned and ironed my dress the day of the wedding AND on the day after the wedding they got a huge box of fresh oysters to shuck and serve everyone for lunch.
Wow it seems that you married into a really awesome family! How sweet of them to make all that effort. Truly wonderful!

And thank you back for the kind comment! That very picture is framed and in our hallway right now! Makes me grin.

ETA: Just went back and looked at some of your old threads and I LOVED your proposal story. I had forgotten that was you! So cute in that photo booth.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
That palm growing over the water was irresistable for some of our guests
1.gif

sirenaontree.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results