shape
carat
color
clarity

So we finally decided on what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
We’re having a small wedding with just our immediate family and grandparents. The guest list was growing way too much and the stress was building.

The ceremony will be at the Spanish Monastery. It’s a beautiful church and you’re allowed to take photos everywhere which is great.
The reception will be a dinner. We haven’t decided between two restaurants: Smith & Wollensky or Argentango.

S&W is a restaurant on the beach with a private room that overlooks the ocean.

Pro: It’s really romantic and they give you a private room which I love and its close to the ceremony location.
Con: There’s no entertainment. We would have to maybe hire a trio to play while we eat or bring in an IPOD just to have some background noise. It’s also more expensive than Argentango.
Argentango is an Argentinean restaurant in Hollywood.

Pro: It’s a nice restaurant with live music all the time that we can sort of steal for the evening (LOL).
Con: Doesn’t have the same views as S&W and the room is only semi-private.

We also have a photographer in mind but need to decide if we want him to just take photos of the ceremony or have him take a few photos during dinner as well. Those are just details though
3.gif

I''m glad we''ve come to this conclusion because not knowing what direction to take was driving me crazy. Date is yet to come. I kind of want April 5th as that is our anniversary but its too soon for me to plan a honeymoon and take the time off from work. The other date we were thinking of is October 10th but we shall see
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy you decided on the kind of wedding you want. It seems like it will be a weight off your shoulders.

Both of the restaurants look lovely. I think you can''t go wrong!

Congrats!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine''s FABULOUS wedding was at the Spanish Monastery. do a search for her threads to learn more!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
YAY YAY YAY for coming to a conclusion that you''re both excited about!!
36.gif

Ditto to kittybean on the fact that you can''t go wrong with those choices!

Have you also considered that maybe you could head out after the dinner with some of your friends that you couldn''t invite to the reception to hit up some places that have live music and dancing? This way maybe you could get the gorgeous view and privacy from S&W and then get your live entertainment as well. In addition- you could also somewhat include some of your friends into your celebration.

I''m so excited for you fieryred! Keep us posted on your progress with this idea.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 3:29:36 PM
Author: Clairitek
YAY YAY YAY for coming to a conclusion that you''re both excited about!!
36.gif

Ditto to kittybean on the fact that you can''t go wrong with those choices!

Have you also considered that maybe you could head out after the dinner with some of your friends that you couldn''t invite to the reception to hit up some places that have live music and dancing? This way maybe you could get the gorgeous view and privacy from S&W and then get your live entertainment as well. In addition- you could also somewhat include some of your friends into your celebration.

I''m so excited for you fieryred! Keep us posted on your progress with this idea.
I wrote a response and it pfft LOL

We are seriously considering this. We''re staying in a hotel with a bunch of night clubs and considering getting a VIP section so we can pick up the tab. BUT his friends love to drink a lot so maybe not LOL

Thank you!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on coming to a conclusion! Both reception places look/sound great! I would worry though, with the place with live music, that it might be too loud for conversation with your guests. If you went with the other place, you would be in control of whatever entertainment you have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results