shape
carat
color
clarity

So irritated right now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I expected that people wouldn't send in their RSVP's at the correct time. What I didn't account for was pure ignorance!

One of my FI's friends didn't RSVP so I emailed him. He responded by saying that he told my FI when they went out to dinner. THANKS BUDDY! Real nice of you! And yes, he is married, so he or his wife should know the issue with not sending in an RSVP.

I am sick right now so I am EXTRA B**CHY! oh and we had SO MANY No's I think my count is going to be super low and I'm saddened by that as well.
29.gif
29.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i''m so sorry blair
7.gif

hugs!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry, too. I think if your date is July 11th, that is just a major vacation time since it is the end of the week of the 4th.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear that you''re not feeling well! You have every right to be b****y and that guy is definitely being rude for not sending you the RSVP. If anything, he should have emailed or called you and told you about it. I hope you feel better soon. HUGS*

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all you fabulous ladies!

Oh, and I should also mention that my extended family makes the Real Housewives of New Jersey "last supper" fight look tame, and my cousins are both bridesmaids and part of the fight. Gotta love weddings!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Blair. Would you like some of mine?? I have some of my FIL''s neighbors I''d be willing to spare.
2.gif

Don''t let the regrets bother you sweetie. It''s summer, there are lots of other weddings and vacations that people plan. It will be fun no matter how many people are there, and you will have an incredible evening!!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Aww. Sorry to hear that your feeling a little low. Try and focus on the wonderful people who will be there to share your special day.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi date twin! I hope you feel better soon! I just spent the better part of tonight trying to track down all the people who didn''t RSVP yet, so I feel your pain!

And I know it''s not a contest, but I would like to point out that EVERYONE from my family already RSVPed! My fiance''s family...not so much!
3.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear you are down. I think with these economic times couples can over-invite. It seems a lot of people are declining wedding invites because of the expense. Travel, babysitter, new outfit, gift, etc.

It''s not too late to invite more people especially if your venue has a minimum that you''ll be paying for.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
RSVPs must be the most frustrating part of the wedding I guess. It''s just plain rude of people to not send them back!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 10:22:24 PM
Author: thing2of2
Hi date twin! I hope you feel better soon! I just spent the better part of tonight trying to track down all the people who didn''t RSVP yet, so I feel your pain!

And I know it''s not a contest, but I would like to point out that EVERYONE from my family already RSVPed! My fiance''s family...not so much!
3.gif

All my friends RSVP''d, FI''s not so much, His family did-mine didn''t-it''s just so irritating when people don''t know common courtesy!

Thanks again ladies, I think I could handle it a little better if I wasn''t so sick!
14.gif

OH-and MERESAL-your wedding shoes in the hot pink color were on sale at Barney''s today-sadly (or fortunately) they did not have my size.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Blair,

I know your pain. Actually, as bad as this may sound, my brother, sister, and everyone except two in the bridal party did not RSVP. Their response was, "you know I am coming, so I didn''t think I had to respond..." even though the RSVP clearly had a meal choice selection that needed to be sent in...DUH!

Anywho, about the numbers, I think the economy has a LOT to do with it. We invited 230 and only 130 came. We were expecting 175. When it came down to it, I think a lot of people are dealing with the tough economy and in the case of my OOT wedding, additional trips were the first thing to get axed from the budget.

But, I''m sure the people who do come will help make you event lovely and either way, you are getting married, so be HAPPY!
emteeth.gif

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
I am a July 11th sister as well.

I expected all my RSVP''s back by June 11th, so on June 10th I called up everyone who did not respond through mail and asked them if they were coming. I know it is blunt but I was not to be left hanging. I invited 50 people and so far I have 52 people coming. I am axing anyone else since it is what 17 days away now!

It truly does stink when you do not get the respect of an RSVP. I remember being not late, but just on time in the past as far as RSVP-ing. After this situation I will never be like that again.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
We didn''t get back many rsvps at all! The first ones that did come in were all from couples who had gotten married in the past few years, so i guess you really need to have been involved in planning a wedding to realize how important they are.

On the other hand, my cousin, who was getting married only two months after us did NOT send back the RSVP. You''d think they''d know, right?
20.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2009 11:15:58 AM
Author: Patchee
I know it is blunt but I was not to be left hanging. I invited 50 people and so far I have 52 people coming. I am axing anyone else since it is what 17 days away now!

...you invited 50 and 52 RSVPed? Did 2 people invite themselves?

pannini

Shiny_Rock
hi Blair,

this is off-topic, i can''t find your SMTR thread for your ring on your avatar. can you post pics of that beauty?!!?!?
30.gif

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Isnt it crazy that people expect you to receive their RSVP via ESP!!! Sounds like it is a common problem and perhaps everyone needs to get back to learning some etiquette. It is dissapointing when people who you''d thought would attend cant, but a smaller guest list might mean quality over quantity- which always makes a great party!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results