shape
carat
color
clarity

small panic attack

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
remember when i mentioned my aunt and uncle wanted to bring their golden retriever with them to the wedding? well i thought it was fine and everything and the dog would stay at the hotel during the wedding and reception and then i found this picture from my sister''s wedding!!!! OMIGOD DO YOU SEE IT!!!! the dog came to her ceremony!!!! i was in the wedding and didn''t even notice!!! omigod! do you think they will know enough to not bring the flipping dog to the church? seriously?? ok, im sure they will know not to bring the dog.....right? right guys?

35807475_RbPq5-M.jpg

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Cute dog!! looks really well-behaved and is older by now; it might be nice. I'd like to have a golden at my (outdoor) ceremony.

ETA: um, but of course if you don't want the dog there you should tell your aunt and uncle that there are no pets allowed. I mean, geez, some people don't even allow children at their weddings!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
well its an indoor ceremony so you would THINK they would know but with my family you never know what they will do o_O

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s really cute! I wouldn''t mind a dog being at my wedding but I''m a huge dog-lover! But yes, if it''s indoors that would be weird, esp. since it''s not your dog anyway.

Just remind them that the event is indoors, in a church, and animals aren''t allowed.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Well I would HOPE that someone wouldn''t come to your wedding with hopes of smuggling a golden retriever into the church. But some people, you never know. If it''s inside, that''s another story than your sister''s wedding. If you have a get together after outside I would personally allow it. If there''s any dog I''d allow to be at my wedding it would be an older golden retriever. They''re so mellow, and NO aggression problems - it could entertain the children! Haha.

I think if you just politely mention the indoor church ceremony they''ll get the hint. Don''t let them keep thinking that Fluffy is gonna come along though! They might feel sour about it if they find out too close to the wedding date and have to make last minute kennel reservations.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Is it a service dog or just a personal pet? If it''s a service dog, I''d let it go. If it''s just owners that have separation anxiety, I''ll say no way.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto on the service dog comment. There is just no way around that.

Also, if your aunt or uncle state that the dog is an ESA (Emotional Support Animal) then I wouldn''t push it either, but I would ask if the dog is properly trained.

You''re probably going to have to bite the bullet and ask them about the dog. Good luck to you. I know how difficult these things can be at times.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I never thought if it were an assistance dog or not, I just thought WTF?! But with that good point raised - If they just don''t like leaving their dog, then they need to get over it. If it''s a guide dog (vision or hearing impaired or whatever) then there is nothing you do can about it in reality. They are legally allowed to go anywhere a human can go (except of course quarantine places like the zoo etc), and anyway you wouldn''t expect them not to bring it if it''s for a legit reason.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
its not a service dog, they are just dog crazy lol

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Cute dog and he/she must be well behaved since you didn''t even notice it at your sister''s wedding!
9.gif
Since your wedding is indoors I would check with the church on their animal policy and then let the dog''s owners know about it yourself or relay the info to a relevant party who could in turn break it to them.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol you crack me up smurfs! I''m sure the dog wouldn''t be aloud in the church unless it was a ''helper'' dog...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results