shape
carat
color
clarity

Skin Treatments??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
This is embarassing to say, but I am 24 going on 25 and still get mild-moderate acne along my chin and jawline as well as an uneven skintone and mild rosacea on my cheeks. FI has always told me that I am beautiful, but I want nothing more than to have problem-free skin for my wedding in July!

I decided to book an appointment for 3 Cool Touch Laser Treatments (half-face) and 3 Vitalize Peels by SkinMedica. They will be alternated every 2 weeks starting this Thursday, March 13th. I live near Pittsburgh, PA and will be having the treatments done at The Skin Center in Shadyside.

The aesthetician I consulted with said that I should have good results with no downtime and minimal peeling. It may seem crazy, but is important to me.

Has anyone ever have skin treatments like these with any success?? Just curious!
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have any experience with either of those treatments, but I just wanted to ask you to report back on the rosacea, especially. I have mild rosacea on pale/freckled skin and it just drives me batty!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck, Laura! I''ve never had the treatments, nor do I know anyone who has. You definitely need to report back when you''re done.

You may have tried every product under the sun already, but just in case: My MOH suffered with bad acne for YEARS, and the only thing that''s ever worked for her is Clinique''s 3-step system - her skin is FLAWLESS these days. She got me started using it recently, and though I don''t battle much acne, it''s definitely helped even my skin tone out. My FI even admitted (hesitantly, because he didn''t want me to think it was a dig against my pre-clinique skin) that he noticed I had more of a "glow". Also, they recently came out with a line for redness/rosacea. My MOH says that if you talk to the ladies at the counter they''re usually pretty forthcoming about which products work and which don''t, so if you haven''t yet maybe it''d be worth a try talking to them.

Oh - when I DO get acne, it''s frequently around my chin, and I''m pretty darn sure it''s because of my bad habit of touching my face and resting my chin on my hand while sitting at my desk. Not sure if that''s something you do, too, but it''s worth thinking about!
1.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Laura, I'm Irish and there's hardly an Irish person who doesn't have rosacea in some form or fashion. We have the highest rate of it in the world, and when you combine that with a general adverseness to wearing sunscreen and a widespread belief that seeking help for skincare problems is either selfish (women) or sissy (men), well, it's not a pretty picture. Luckily for me my skin is more sensitive than full-blown rosacea. I find that being super gentle with it (no perfumed products, no scrubs, no fancy schmancy 'use our super strong miracle cream and all your problems will be gone' type products) along with a topical exfoliant from my doctor (Zynerit - it contains zync and erothromycin) and skin-friendly BCPs does the trick.

I also found this site useful for more information on rosacea and other skin care issues: Cosmetics Cop

Good luck with the treatments, you are totally right to get it sorted now and I am sure you will glow on your big day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results