shape
carat
color
clarity

sillyberry is MARRIED!!!

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Sillyberry, you look radiant!! Congrats!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Sillyberry, your photos make me so happy! Congratulations!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful wedding!!!Congrats!! And I love your bouquet! Can you share what type of flowers you used? Did you have an inspirational photo? :love:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
you look absolutely amazing, SB!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sosososososossooso glad you loved your dress!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! Your wedding was gorgeous :love:! Congrats!!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks stunning, including you!

So breathtaking! I love you, your venue, the outdoor photos, the decor, ALL OF IT! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! All of it!

Your pictures are all amazing, but I think my absolute favorite is where your DH is carrying you over the soggy grass :love: :love:

Congratulations!

paperumbrella

Rough_Rock
Congrats from a fellow Chicagoan! Everything is sooooo pretty!! Please, please tell me where your ceremony and reception took place!! I am close to booking a location in Lake Geneva, but your site is EXACTLY what I am looking for.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
!

Congratulations, Sillyberry! You look beautiful, and the details (and pics) look amazing. I'm so happy for you!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
We are back from our minimoon to sunny San Diego where we lazed and ate and drank and saw pandas and padres! A wonderful, albeit WAY too short trip! Must start planning the big one... :lol:

Thank you for all the incredibly kind words BEG, Blackpaw, Haven, happybear, merilenda, vc10um, asymons412, and Bella_mezzo! And you too slg47, Yssie, 4ever, Echidna, canuk-gal, Mayk, and Amys Bling! Thank you confusedaisy, blacksand, rhbgirl24, CurlySue, mscushion, mayerling, calibali, Bleed Burnt Orange, Claritek, and holly sparkle! And finally, thanks to KittyGolightly, iheartbora, Autumnovember, Grlsbestfrnd, rosetta, Future Mrs. Sterling, TooPatient, paperumbrella, and Zoe!

For the few weeks before the wedding, right until that morning, I was stressed and anxious and sick of dealing with certain people and feeling broke and wondering why on earth I put myself through all of this. I would have said "WHY DIDN'T WE ELOPE?!?!?" And then the wedding happened. And I loved every minute of it. I loved putting on the big white dress with my closest friends surrounding me, I loved seeing the handsome man who would shortly become my husband, I loved walking down the aisle not noticing anyone but the groom waiting for me at the end, I loved saying the vows we crafted, I loved getting hugs and congratulations from everyone there celebrating, I loved seeing the room all lit up with candles, I loved ineptly cutting the cake, I loved learning my sister's husband is a BEAST on the dance floor, I loved seeing long-married couples dancing to "Wonderful Tonight," I loved escaping into the limo through a row of sparklers! I loved it all. And I loved hearing from the people who loved it, too, especially my new BIL who bitched and moaned and said he was leaving right after the ceremony because weddings suck and instead has been raving about the wedding for a week!

Things didn't go perfectly -- the MOB had to be yelled at by the MOH after she made me cry that morning, my dress got dragged through puddles, the linens were hideously royal purple and shiny, the cake board was not the upgrade I paid for, some good friends didn't show up, the MOH toast was more of a roast, the cafe lighting wasn't what I expected (in a bad way), some of the signs were put in the wrong places -- and I just didn't care. We got married. We laughed and kissed and celebrated and it was beautiful.

And it's funny, but so much of the wedding planning happened right here on PS. Many of you ladies (I'm looking particularly at you, vc!) knew more about the wedding details than anyone -- probably including my wedding planner! This forum is a really amazing place to get support and inspiration and ideas, both from fellow brides and those who have come before, all without it being harsh and cruel and people trying to cut each other down. It's remarkable!

(I know there are some questions - I'm going to reply to this post to keep it from being TOO ridiculously long!)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I had awesome vendors -- despite any imperfections, in the end I was totally satisfied with everyone we hired and would absolutely hire them again -- and people come through here looking for vendors:

Our Chicago Wedding!

Ceremony and Reception: Promontory Point
Wedding Planning and Decor/Florals: Tara at LOLA Event Productions (the wedding day was a dream because of her and her staff making everything go smoothly, and the florals and decor were fantastic)
Catering: Catering by Stefani (the food was yummy and fun and interactive and Jen Monti is absolutely the best)
Wedding Cake: Sarah's Candies and Pastries (beautifully decorated and insanely delicious)
Photography: JWiley Photography (wow is all I got - great pictures and great to work with)
DJ: Dustin at Style Matters (kept just the right feel throughout the night without ever being intrusive or gimicky)
Paper: Chena Design (went above and beyond to create amazing details - can't say enough good things!)
Calligraphy: NJW Calligraphy (totally made the invitations memorable)
Wedding Dress: Watters Lasara
Bridesmaids Dresses: Watters One Two and Three

(okay, one more post replying to myself coming...)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
iheartbora - the bouquet was made up of hydrangea, peonies, ranunculas, roses, purple calla lillies, and purple irises with yellow centers. I didn't really have a single inspiration photo, but I wanted the bouquet to be (1) more long than round, (2) super soft and delicate, and (3) not huge! I had certain flowers I liked, but left it up to the floral guru to select what was freshest and most beautiful with the best colors when she went to buy the flowers...and I lucked out that what was there was what I wanted from the start!

paperumbrella - the venue was Promontory Point in Hyde Park on Lake Michigan. It's one of my very favorite places in Chicago - we didn't even look at any other venues! The building is gorgeous, the grounds are gorgeous, the view is gorgeous, and it is a bit off the beaten path. There are downsides, however - you have to deal with the Park District (which means regulations and forms galore, certain vendors are required, and you have to be out by 11), parking and transportation are not ideal and it's a bit of walk to get from parking to the space (we had a golf cart transport people who had trouble walking), the building has no air conditioning, and everything must be brought in from the outside (which is also a bonus, though, because you can make the space exactly what you want it to be). Even with those caveats, I LOVE it. I found out after the fact that my DH was skeptical about the location, but he was amazed at how wonderful it turned out. Apparently it's becoming more popular as a venue!

And...until I get the rest of the photos and post WAY more photos than is social acceptable...that's it!

xoxo

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
PANDAS!!! Best.Minimoon.EVAR. :love: And yes! Time to plan Honeymoon part deux!!! :appl: Not to mention your MOVE!!! (Ummm, yeah. Only a TEENSY bit excited about that one.)

My dear SB, I am THRILLED that you had such a wonderful day. And while not everything was perfect, I am so glad you were able to let that all melt away and just enjoy your day with your DH. I can't WAIT for the deluge of pictures that comes when you get the full set from Jennifer! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, everything (especially YOU!) was stunning! Your dress looked gorgeous, the venue is amazing, everything looks beautiful! Best wishes to you and your handsome husband!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Your photos are fabulous! You look amazing and sooooo happy :)

Congratulations!!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Love them! you both looked amazing! i think i might steal your "i do" shoe idea ;-) super cute!!

Juniper789.

Rough_Rock
Ok, so first of all, you looked STUNNING! Absolutely radiant and in love! You both look so happy and so comfortable and just a picture of love and devotion. The details of the wedding look beautiful and elegant and the whole thing looks like it was spectacular! :love:
Second of all, I adore, adore, adore your dress and believe it or not it has brought me some serendipitous joy! I am from Australia and the selection of beautiful dresses you find browsing the internet are just not available here. I have yet to find something I really love and had begun to loose faith in the whole 'finding the perfect dress' thing. I clicked on your Watters link and become utterly mesmerized at how many dresses were amazingly perfect and just what I have envisioned I wanted. Following the usual search route I googled Watters Australia to not only find that Watters dresses are available in Australia, but in my city! Now, I kid you not, I found that there is in fact a boutique 5 minutes from my house! Absolutely amazing and so unexpected to follow such a trail of happy surprises! So thank you for not only sharing the beautiful pictures of your day, but for also unintentionally re-instilling my faith and excitement in finding a dress I really love that makes the heart go pitter pat the way a wedding dress should! I've definitely needed a pick me up of late and this certainly did that!! Blessings for your new life together!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely pictures, congrats!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much thing2of2, mrswahs, nicoleben, Juniper789, and Tuckins1!

nicoleben, the decals were from Michaels - either pearl or rhinestone letters. But be sure to check them, though, because my MOH originally put them on upside down! My photographer had to reverse them in the limo. :lol:

Juniper, I'm happy to hear I could inspire some good wedding juju -- and that it was worth searching all those links! Good luck finding your dress!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really wonderful pictures!

Thanks for sharing the story of your wedding day. If there is a way to convey an awesome personality over the internet - you do it for sure! I hope you stick around, even though you're married, and check in on us BIW periodically.

I also have to say, looking at your photos and seeing the lake in the background also tickles me pink, since I'll have similar scenery, just Milwaukee instead of Chicago as the backdrop. The excitement builds...

Congrats again!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SB, I *knew* your reception looked like The Point. It echo'd it The Point but honestly looked so classy! Beautiful wedding!! Congrats.

~LC

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been on PS in a while, and I was excited to see your pictures posted when I logged in today! What a beautiful day you had! Congratulations, SB! :appl:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you motownmama, lliang_chi, and Mannequin!

LC, how neat that you recognized The Point! It's seriously one of my very favorite spots in all of Chicago. It doesn't even FEEL like Chicago! As I mentioned earlier, DH was skeptical about whether it would be "nice" (he had never been inside the Field House) but it turned out great. Also helped that the nasty weather that day kept out the barbecuers and pot smokers!

FMS, your lake wedding is going to be GORGEOUS. I remember seeing Lake Michigan for the first time and just being completely overwhelmed. I mean, it's the midwest. It's landlocked. How on earth was there this giant beautiful body of water?!?!? And I'm still in wedding withdrawal, so I'm not leaving BIW!

(and I'm really a boor, but I'm happy to have you fooled ;)) )

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
As a Chicago resident... Your wedding brought out my city's best. Congratulations. I am so happy the city could serve as such a pretty backdrop.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! You look so happy and relaxed! Congratulations!! :)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pictures!! You and your DH look so happy and are simply glowing, congratulations!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning, many congrats!!!! :appl: :love:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you suchende, tammy77, purselover, and Skippy123!!! All the pro-pics should arrive by the 10th!

suchende, Chicago was my adopted city for three years and it's definitely a beautiful place! I can't remember if I've said this before (maybe in this thread?!?), but the Best Man's wife was totally indignant that we were getting married where the Groom is from and was convinced I had somehow been bullied into it! I had to laugh (and straighten her out) because I was totally excited about getting married in Chicago - it was my idea! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results