shape
carat
color
clarity

Scratch-off save-the-dates?! Which of these save-the-dates do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I am trying very hard to figure out what to do with our save-the-dates, which I want to order and get out really soon. But I have found that about 99% of the save-the-dates feel way too formal for the weddings (yes, plural
3.gif
) we have planned--the first is a registry office ceremony followed by a potluck dinner sort of reception at J's parents' house (which we don't have a date for yet anyway, so that one will probably just be invites only), and the US reception (which is on a holiday weekend and therefore really needs a save-the-date) is going to be a day of bumper boats, go karts, paddleboats, and then the food, drinking, and dancing. These are therefore for the US reception.

So, I have a couple of choices. I don't want to be cheesy, but want something that's different, fun, and not at all expensive.
1.gif

So, option 1 is the scratch-off, my unusual discovery
2.gif
--this one is a card:

BNQXASD592SE40.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Option 3 is the photobooth save-the-date. This is also a card, and just so you know, those are pictures of us--I was playing with options. Fonts are changeable, too; I realize it''s hard to read.

posssavethedateswkandj.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And, while we''re at it, here''s what I am thinking of using for our US reception invites--instead of thinking of it as a movie ticket, think of it as a fun fair ticket.
2.gif

4SBF820PUYOred.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
So, that''s all--which of the 3 save-the-dates do you prefer? Are any of them offensively cheesy? Would you feel embarrassed to receive any of them?
6.gif

Thanks in advance!
35.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hun I think they are all cute, I really like them all so I am no help - I so want to steal the first one - it is so simple and fun :) so maybe that might be my preference to one over the others LOL.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
oooh! fun stuff! good choices.

my only thought would be that the magnet std could be a little hard to read. there''s a lot going on wordwise. i know that''s the whole point of them and they are really really cute but i wonder if some older people would have a hard time finding the info on it.

that being said love your selections! the fair tix idea is awesome...especially thinking of the bumper boats!!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Marlie that the second option is a bit to all over the place, making finding the info a bit hard. My vote would be for the 3rd one since it has your pictures on it, I really like seeing pics of the couple on stds and the photobooth style is extra cute!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback so far, ladies! Just to comment about the magnet being too cluttered for people will poor vision to see, there won''t be very many older people coming, and of the two (my paternal grandparents), one is legally blind anyway and won''t be able to see any of them. My grandmother will think anything and everything is wonderful and adorable, and everyone else will be either my age or my parents'' age, and we can all see fine.
1.gif

Of course, that doesn''t address whether stylistically you prefer another design to the magnet, but in case that was the main concern, it really shouldn''t be.

Thanks again for your input! Please keep it coming!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the scratch off card! I''ve never seen that before and it''s SUCH a cute idea! Second choice would be the photo-booth card, and third the magnet, just since it seems like you want something unique and tons of people do STD magnets nowadays.

And I LOVE the ticket idea for your US invites! That is absolutely adorable and I think perfect for your event! I wanna do bumper boats, can I come, too?!?!
2.gif
3.gif

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I LOVE the first one!!! what a fun idea!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love the third one, and then the first one. Both are great
10.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I think the scratch-off is my favorite. The magnet is cluttered and for some reason, my eyes continue to be drawn to the "Sickness and Health" phrase. I wish they''d made the "2 Have and 2 Hold" phrase more noticeable.

The ticket is super cute too! I love them all, but the scratch ticket is definitely my fave. Yay!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 3...you should make it like 3 pics in a row sort of like the old movies on the big reals then use the
theater tickets for your invites...that would be so cute. Its sort of a theme and I''m not sure if you want
to go that way or not but its very cute!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
just an idea for the magnet, depending of price, of course, they do make the ones that you can tear off the words and then make little poems on the fridge :)

i like the photo booth the best. or maybe its just ''cus you two are so cute!
9.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I have no vision troubles, but I can''t follow the magnet one without effort. (Ok, that might have to do with drinking wine with dinner, but still.)

I like the scratch off one best, and I''ve never received anything like it, so it would get my vote.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I love the scratch STD! I've never seen anything like it. I think it's a fun and original idea. My second choice would be the photobooth one. Personally, I'm not really into the whole magnet thing - DH and I don't have anything hanging on our fridge muchless a single magnet in the house so it wouldn't really serve its purpose for us, but that's just my .02

ETA: The ticket STD is just meh, imho.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I like the ticket one, but they are all great!! They all have a different feel though. Oh, another totally useless post from Honey
40.gif

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 10:24:36 AM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
I agree with Marlie that the second option is a bit to all over the place, making finding the info a bit hard. My vote would be for the 3rd one since it has your pictures on it, I really like seeing pics of the couple on stds and the photobooth style is extra cute!

Me too, 3rd one!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just since a couple of you mentioned it, wanted to point out that the ticket is what I''m probably going to use as the wedding invite for our US reception (which will be full of fun activities like bumper boats and go karts, like a fun fair). So the running for the save-the-dates is really just between the first three. Sorry the ticket felt "meh" to you, pocohontas, as I''m probably going to go with it.
2.gif

Thanks for the responses!
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first one. The scratch off thing is cool.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i really was going to do this! i LOVE the scratch-off idea. FI and his family are addicted to them- i think they are a great and unique idea! go for it!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 2:49:19 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Just since a couple of you mentioned it, wanted to point out that the ticket is what I'm probably going to use as the wedding invite for our US reception (which will be full of fun activities like bumper boats and go karts, like a fun fair). So the running for the save-the-dates is really just between the first three. Sorry the ticket felt 'meh' to you, pocohontas, as I'm probably going to go with it.
2.gif

Thanks for the responses!
35.gif
Oh God Gwen, I feel like such an arse now
38.gif
I'm so sorry, I hope I didn't upset you! The idea of a ticket invitation totally fits with your explanation of the theme of your wedding, and, that for me, makes it so perfect! I guess I totally missed that in all my excitement for the scratch and photobooth STD's.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 8:41:37 PM
Author: pocahontas
Date: 9/28/2009 2:49:19 AM

Oh God Gwen, I feel like such an arse now
38.gif
I'm so sorry, I hope I didn't upset you! The idea of a ticket invitation totally fits with your explanation of the theme of your wedding, and, that for me, makes it so perfect! I guess I totally missed that in all my excitement for the scratch and photobooth STD's.

Don't believe her for a minute. She totally saw that. She's just jealous that she doesn't get to play bumper boats etc. I know, 'cause I am too.

28.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I am torn between 1 and 3, 2 honestly gives me a headache. I love 1 for its uniqueness, and 3 because I think it is "goes" more with your invite. And I LOVE your invite, it is too cute!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the scratch-off save-the-date! I like the second one, too, if you could clean it up and make it a bit easier to read.

I really love the scratch-off, though. I think that is so cool. I love scratch-offs in general, in fact I just ruined a whole bunch of coupons from local restaurants because they each had scratch-offs on them and I was so excited about it that I scratched them all off the minute I saw them. And then I realized that the coupons are only good if your server scratches them off.
7.gif

Anyway, I hate to say it, but the photo booth save-the-dates are SO overdone, and as I like to stay away from trends I wouldn''t choose that one at all.

LOVE the ticket, as well. So cute.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results