shape
carat
color
clarity

Sally Crew bridal gown?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been pounding the pavement pretty hard for a wedding dress. I found a dress that I love by Sally Crew.
30.gif

It is impossible to find photos. The website is for retailers only. The shop is a couture bridal gown outlet and the sales rep didn''t know much, other than to say she is a great designer. I would have to agree because the dress is gorgeous.

Does anyone know anything about this designer and why you can''t get pictures??
7.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi EBree! Thanks for responding - seems like not too many people know about this designer. Good for me because I probably never would have found the dress in perfect condition at a designer bridal outlet!

The dress has an alencon lace bodice with a slight drop waist and a silk chamoise skirt. The neckline is sweetheart - strapless with a slight dip at my cleavage. There is a Dior-style tailored duchess silk bow on a band just under the bust and a removable one around the natural waist. The skirt is like a modified mermaid, with no netting underneath - the profile is more sheath-like. The train is "sweep", I think it''s called.

I love this dress!
30.gif

My fiance and I went to look at my 4 top choices today - this one, a Monique L''Hullier, a Pronovias, and a Modern Trousseau. The Modern Trousseau gown came in a close 2nd - yes, better than Monique, believe it or not. The MT stuff fit me better, especially thru the hips and thighs, and the price point is better.

From what I understand Sally Crew has chosen to not display pictures in order to protect her designs. I can understand why - they are to-die-for!! The shop owner explained to me today that the industry has become very cut-throat because of the internet, so Sally Crew doesn''t post images that can be copied or subject to internet comparison price shopping.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Starryeyed - I''ve never heard of Sally Crew, but the dress sounds gorgeous! I''d love to see pictures of the other dresses you liked, too!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 7:12:56 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi EBree! Thanks for responding - seems like not too many people know about this designer. Good for me because I probably never would have found the dress in perfect condition at a designer bridal outlet!

The dress has an alencon lace bodice with a slight drop waist and a silk chamoise skirt. The neckline is sweetheart - strapless with a slight dip at my cleavage. There is a Dior-style tailored duchess silk bow on a band just under the bust and a removable one around the natural waist. The skirt is like a modified mermaid, with no netting underneath - the profile is more sheath-like. The train is ''sweep'', I think it''s called.

I love this dress!
30.gif

My fiance and I went to look at my 4 top choices today - this one, a Monique L''Hullier, a Pronovias, and a Modern Trousseau. The Modern Trousseau gown came in a close 2nd - yes, better than Monique, believe it or not. The MT stuff fit me better, especially thru the hips and thighs, and the price point is better.

From what I understand Sally Crew has chosen to not display pictures in order to protect her designs. I can understand why - they are to-die-for!! The shop owner explained to me today that the industry has become very cut-throat because of the internet, so Sally Crew doesn''t post images that can be copied or subject to internet comparison price shopping.

Oh wow, it sounds amazing! I asked because I had found several Sally Crew sample gowns online (through searching for the name) and thought maybe one might be the one you were looking for.

So....can we see the pics of the others?
9.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Basil and EBree!
1.gif

Sure, I''ll post pictures/links for the others. I''ve seen the few Sally Crew gowns for sale on the web, but they are nothing like the ONE!
30.gif

To give you some background - we are doing a destination wedding in Bermuda, so I didn''t want a "cupcake" dress. THere is the Pronovias "Enfasis" dress.

enfasis_primary.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
The fabric (and cut) of that Pronovias is
30.gif

And I'm sure the ML is spectacular too.

ETA: Ooh! I've never heard of Modern Trosseau before. His/her designs are lovely.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 9:06:29 PM
Author: EBree
The fabric (and cut) of that Pronovias is
30.gif
And I''m sure the ML is spectacular too.
Yes, both the Pronovias and the ML are silk chamoise - if I spelled that correctly.
5.gif
The fabric is sumptuous!

The Sally Crew has a silk chamoise skirt AND the lace bodice, so it''s the best of both worlds. I really fell in love with the lace trend, but all lace is too much for our wedding. The all-chamoise dresses are very sexy, but look more red-carpet than bridal. With the Sally Crew I get both red-carpet bridal - hooray!!
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 9:06:29 PM
Author: EBree
ETA: Ooh! I've never heard of Modern Trosseau before. His/her designs are lovely.
I hadn't heard of Modern Trouseeau either, EBree, but I went to a trunk show at a local shop and her stuff is gorgeous. The "Charlotte" was around $2K, "Bianca" (all lace halter) was around mid-$3K. The dresses are cut a little fuller through the hips and thighs than ML, which tends to be slim-hipped. The designer is an Aussie - she's great!

She uses "realistic" models too, which I like.

dst0230

Rough_Rock
The Modern Trousseau collection is absolutely stunning. It is probablly the nicest that I have seen. Could you tell me what store did you see it in? And whar was the pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results