shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring warming ceremony

4ever

Ideal_Rock
We had a meeting with our celebrant last night and talked about any "enactments" we wanted to include in our wedding ceremony.
I am not a fan of unity ceremonies, but since I first herd of it I have liked the idea of a ring warming ceremony, especially with a small intimate ceremony like ours (we will have 26 guests).

The plan is to introduce the ring warming early on and have the guests pass the rings around while the rest of the ceremony takes place. Our celebrant has said in the past he has run it so the MOH starts off with the brides ring and the BM starts off with the grooms ring and guests pass them round and before the ring exchange the MOH ends up with the grooms ring and the BM ends up with the brides ring. I'm not sure about doing it this way or keeping both rings together.

Is anyone else doing a ring warming?

FIs main concern is the rings getting dropped and/or lost. I feel like that's pretty unlikely, I'm sure people would be pretty careful and respectful.

My main concern is what to put them in/on to pass them around our guests. Our celebrant has suggested we put the rings in organza bags so the guests can handle and see them but they wont get lost. I kind of hate organza bags. I also sort of hate ring cushions. I'm trying to come up with something smart and pretty to tie them to which is small enough that it wont be awkward for MOH or BM to carry there (like tying them to a book). What about just tying a massive ribbon to it?

I would appreciate any opinions, suggestions or experiences.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Ganesha|1330900282|3140672 said:
what about a ring bearer bowl, like this one from paloma's nest on etsy? i think they're so pretty! they have lots of messages available and will do custom too.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/18908287/to-have-and-to-hold-ring-bearer-bowl-tm

+1 to this idea! How simple, lovely, and not cumbersome at all! And you can keep it to put your rings in after the wedding!

PS: I love that you're doing a ring warming. It's something I would have done with a wedding of your size as well!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
we used palomas nest ring bearer bowl instead of pillow, etc. while we did not do a ring warming ceremony. just wanted to jump in & highly recommend palomas nest. the specific one we purchased was the tiny text bowl w/"i carry your heart" stamped into it w/a tiny heart that floats in the bowl. we now use it everyday to hold our rings when they are not being worn.

p.s. i love the idea of a ring warming ceremony--especially during an intimate wedding like yours.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lulu, VC and Ganesha!

I do like the idea of the ring bowl - I don't LOVE it but it's really quite nice. I would have to order it pretty much right away for it to have a chance of reaching us in time, which isn't ideal and I'm not sure we would actually use it after the wedding.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
4ever|1331019913|3141635 said:

I do like the idea of the ring bowl - I don't LOVE it but it's really quite nice. I would have to order it pretty much right away for it to have a chance of reaching us in time, which isn't ideal and I'm not sure we would actually use it after the wedding.

if you're not sold on that idea, why not just tie them together w/some string/ribbon/something :razz: and pass them around. the 9th pic down in this post is kinda what i had in mind: http://www.snippetandink.com/photo-features/real-weddings/real-wedding-kacie-brandon/. they'd be secured together & this way each guest would be physically touching & passing them, which wouldn't necessarily happen if they were in a bowl or affixed to something else.

i honestly don't think anyone is going to lose or drop them as they are passed from one person to the next. ;-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu66|1331060717|3141980 said:
4ever|1331019913|3141635 said:

if you're not sold on that idea, why not just tie them together w/some string/ribbon/something :razz: and pass them around. the 9th pic down in this post is kinda what i had in mind: http://www.snippetandink.com/photo-features/real-weddings/real-wedding-kacie-brandon/. they'd be secured together & this way each guest would be physically touching & passing them, which wouldn't necessarily happen if they were in a bowl or affixed to something else.

i honestly don't think anyone is going to lose or drop them as they are passed from one person to the next. ;-)

Nice idea! I prefer this vs. the bowl since it seems more 'hands on', which is obviously the point! Tie it to something that you are also using in your ceremony .... flower? photo? pillow? tree branch? Just ideas!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Future girl, if you're not so keen on the bowl, what about a small silver charm engraved with the wedding date, tied to the rings with champagne ribbon? Then you can wear that on a necklace or bracelet after the wedding?

Another option might be to paint an old skeleton key (like this) in gold/champagne/something to match your wedding and tie the rings to that.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The silver charms are a cute idea. I will have to think about that because it's not something I think I'd wear but it might be a really cute christmas decoration or something.

Otherwise just a couple of bits of ribbon might be the go! Maybe one ribbon tied to each ring and then some cool looking knot joining the two...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1331230869|3144088 said:
The silver charms are a cute idea. I will have to think about that because it's not something I think I'd wear but it might be a really cute christmas decoration or something.

Otherwise just a couple of bits of ribbon might be the go! Maybe one ribbon tied to each ring and then some cool looking knot joining the two...

Just don't get SO cool that you can't untie them from one another before you put them on! :errrr:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
That would be fantastically awkward! I'll be careful ::)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Ok, we're going to tie them together with ribbon, pretty bow, maybe- fancy knot, no.

As for wording I think we are going for something like:
"During this ceremony 4ever and 4eversFI will exchange rings. These rings are physical symbols of their commitment to one another. As the ceremony proceeds, we invite family and friends to take parts in the warming of the rings as they are passed down the rows. As you hold them in you hands, pause a moment, warm them with your love and make a silent wish for this couple and their future together. These rings will not only be a gift from one to another, but will be given with the love support and wisdom of their family and friends"

and during the ring exchange;
"These rings, now warmed by those you love most, will forever show the world you are one and carry with them the love and blessings of your family and friends".

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds wonderful! Not too mushy and just sentimental enough - nice wording 4 Ever!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Sounds perfect, FutureGirl!!! I am getting SO excited for you!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever I love this idea, and your wording is perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results