shape
carat
color
clarity

Ratio of e-ring budget to wedding budget?

What percent of your wedding budget was your e-ring budget?

• E-ring budget 0-25% of wedding budget

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • E-ring budget 26-50% of wedding budget

• E-ring budget 76-100% of wedding budget

• E-ring budget >125% of wedding budget

• Doesn''t apply to me, but I want to see the answers!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious about this one (I don''t have either)...but I think it will be interesting to see =)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted 0. To us, they''re totally separate. My FI bought my engagement ring and wedding band on his own and then both of us, with our parents, will work on paying for the wedding. My FI had a budget in mind when we chose my rings and we''ll have another budget for the wedding.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for 75-100% BUT that should be clarified.

1. The ering is not a part of the formal wedding budget for us.

2. Our wedding budget is only $5,000.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I voted 26-55%, but FH paid for my ring while my father is paying for the wedding so I guess I could have voted "doesn't apply to me" as well.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Although we definitely didn''t consider the ering as part of the wedding budget, I think my wedding is going cost about 1/2 of what my engagement ring cost. Mind you, we are getting married in friends'' back yard...and having an old fashioned bbq...I always said I was missing the wedding planning gene, but I totally got the engagement ring gene!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I voted 25%, but that is only if our wedding budget stays on track! My e-ring is also separate to our wedding budget but will hopefully be the same as 25% of the budget rather than taking up 25% if that makes sense.

FI is paying for my e-ring, whereas my father is paying for most of our wedding.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I should probably clarify (I meant them to be separate). So, If your e-ring budget was $5k and your wedding budget was $10k, you would answer 50%. Think of it more as a ratio.

I know people don''t generally think of the ering as part of the wedding budget, especially since there are often different people paying for it.....and I was wondering if anyone spent about the same on both, or if e-ring is always less, etc.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I voted 25% but FI wants to clarify that he is "not a cheap ass". I assured him nobody thought that! My ring wasn''t included in the budget, which currently seems to be hovering around the $30k range. (NOT my decision!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we were 1st discussing engagement I confessed the admittedly irrational value I put on an e-ring & we agreed that since neither of us was wanting an extravegant wedding, that more $ could go to the e-ring. I suspected that my parents would still contribute even though I''m way too old for that kinda thing ..
2.gif
. For awhile we THOUGHT that the ering/wedding ratio would be about 100% - but, as things go ... the wedding was probably 125%-150% of the e-ring budget when all was said & done.

For reference: Both mid to late-thirties ... Northeast ... professionals ... already owned home ... not planning for kids ...

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
The ering budget and the wedding budget are separate but the e-ring was around 7K and the wedding budget is hovering around 15K but if we get any help from family (which is right now up in the air). I will be a major DIY bride since our numbers are about 150-200 people.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Deco, ditto. Again. But mid 40''s. Are you my long lost twin??? I voted 76-100 only because my ering is about six times what we''ll spend on actual elopement. If that makes sense...hey, it''s only us and another 2-4 people...

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
I''m in the same boat as hikerchick. Though I''m hoping for 125 or so guests...preferably closer to 100.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
We''re both mid-30s southern DINKs who own our home...my ring is what I hoped I''d spend on the wedding, but looks like with inevitable wedding budget increases, it might be a ratio of 75% for me.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The ring will have cost about the same amount than 40% of our wedding budget (maybe more, if I manage to go under budget for the wedding). Funny enough, our wedding budget is about half the local average, and the ring cost is about three times more than the local average... Like deco, we wanted a smaller wedding and put more on the rings.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay this isn''t a *helpful* answer, but I thought it was funny that my diamond ring cost more than 10x what was spent for the party when we got married LOL

krockie

Shiny_Rock
We are considering the wedding as a separate expense from the engagement ring, but we are including both of our wedding bands in the wedding budget. We got lucky on the e-ring, though - my mom gave us the diamond from her engagement ring, which is totally beautiful, and sentimental becuase my father passed away nine years ago. I was set to inherit the diamond later on, but when we announced that we were talking marriage, she offered it to me to enjoy now, so that she could see me enjoy it. We had to pay for the setting only, which was fantastic, and allowed us to do more than we could have on our own.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Plan is to spend about the same on the wedding as on the e-ring (if not less). e-ring lasts forever, wedding lasts a day (and you still get the memories even with a cheaper wedding!)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
We spent as much on my ring, as we did on the wedding.

But then, we eloped to Vegas.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results