shape
carat
color
clarity

Ques. on Purchasing Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
i typed this message out earlier, but must have hit cancel instead of submit..
14.gif

i have no experience purchasing fonts (at myfont,etc.)- is $39 a normal fee?

i''ve purchased my invite kits as partial DIY (we print and assemble,they provide cut to size paper, envelopes, and handmade paper wraps)

i love the 2 fonts they used in the sample i received-
they are Mrs. Eaves(i believe small caps)
and Linotype Angelica

my invite vendor can give me one free use, but they only have the Mac version, he said it wouldn''t work on a PC.
also, they mentioned that free downloads for these fonts could be bootleg versions and might not work properly.

for 50 invites and 100 programs it seems silly to purchase 2 fonts, so I may have to scour the free ones to find something similar.

Here''s the linky to the inviteCarmine

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
the price generally depends on the typeface being purchased and if it''s the entire family of fonts. but yeh, $39 sounds fine.
mrs. eaves is one of my faves! and i agree with your vendor about downloading free fonts. i never do it. they do have programs you can buy that convert a mac font to pc and vice versa, but i''d just buy the fonts and be done with it. you may end up using these fonts eleswhere besides just the invites & progams. i know i did for the wedding!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
thanks jcrow,
you are right, i want to use the fonts on the programs, labels, oot guest info books, etc.
so it is worth it to me to get the one(s) i really want and not worry about it

26.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Sounds about right to me in price.

I buy fonts quite often for work and have paid from $25 to $49

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 1:44:16 PM
Author: labbielove
thanks jcrow,
you are right, i want to use the fonts on the programs, labels, oot guest info books, etc.
so it is worth it to me to get the one(s) i really want and not worry about it

26.gif
yep! and that way everything will match, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results