shape
carat
color
clarity

Postcard RSVP issues?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone done postcard RSVPs? I really like the idea of doing the RSVP as a postcard, I dont'' know why I just like it. But am wondering if there are any issues with it. I''m using a 3.5x5 inch card, which I checked and is within regulations for postcard size. So it can be mailed. But are there any other potential problems I''m not seeing with doing a postcard RSVP?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t do it but I''ve sent some in. I would worry that you may not receive all of them. Postcards often get lost or mangled in the mail in a way that an envelope doesn''t. Or sometimes does, but the contents survive. I guess it depends on how accurate your info has to be. If you''re doing a plated dinner with a seating chart, it might not be a good idea, but if you just need a general count, it would probably be more than fine.

One thing I didn''t like about my friend''s postcard rsvp... she didn''t have room for us to write a note to her. I love to put a little note on rsvp cards and felt a little dissapointed. I also had a lot of fun reading the ones that were on my cards so either way, make sure you leave a little space for writing if you can!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did them! They all came back in fine condition. Saved money (in postage, no envelope) and I think it was a fun idea. Plus it was fun to see RIGHT away if people where coming or not. I had no issues. People even wrote notes or drew pictures on the front (mine were left blank). Let me know if you have any specific question. I have a wedding thread (and invite thread) floating around here somewhere.

ETA: we had a sit down dinner. Also you should number them in pencil (EVERYONE should do this anyways) b/c a few people will forget to write in their names. I put mine really small on the blank side
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can find my invites here.
There was a perf so the postcard tore off from the main invite (if that makes any sense).

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Tacori! Your invites were so cool! I like the idea of ripping it out, it just seems so "interactive". Haha, unfortunately I have nothing to attach my postcard too so they''ll have to deal with that.

When you got the RSVPs back did they have the postage barcode on them over the top. I don''t know how to explain it, but sometimes when I send out postcards when I''m vacation, the post office stamps this loooong barcode thing along the top of the bottom and some of my words get cut off. It''s more that I don''t want it to look ugly but I guess it doesn''t really matter, just as long as I get the RSVP back and it''s legible. :D

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 1:28:20 PM
Author: April Diamonds
Wow, Tacori! Your invites were so cool! I like the idea of ripping it out, it just seems so ''interactive''. Haha, unfortunately I have nothing to attach my postcard too so they''ll have to deal with that.

When you got the RSVPs back did they have the postage barcode on them over the top. I don''t know how to explain it, but sometimes when I send out postcards when I''m vacation, the post office stamps this loooong barcode thing along the top of the bottom and some of my words get cut off. It''s more that I don''t want it to look ugly but I guess it doesn''t really matter, just as long as I get the RSVP back and it''s legible. :D

Thanks. I really wanted something different. Okay I just looked at mine (yes, I kept them b/c I can''t throw anything away. It''s a problem) There is a barcode (in ink, no sticker) at the bottom of each one. Keep in mind the guests never see that part, only you and your FI will. I think you might have to leave a margin of blank space at the bottom. I don''t remember all the USPO "rules." It is on their website though. The postcard will be in a larger envelope (with your invite) right?

cara

Ideal_Rock
Just make sure the postcard stock is beefy. They will engage in battle with mail sorting machines.

You might want to go slightly bigger than the minimum size to increase their throughput odds, assuming it doesn''t mess up your design scheme. I had RSVP cards in envelopes at the minimum mailing size (~3.5"x5"), but for postcards I would gone a bit bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results