shape
carat
color
clarity

Pocketfold invite users...how to do "inner envelope"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
If you used/are using pocketfold invites, how are you dealing with the inner envelope?

I think the pocketfold should qualify as an envelope, however, I need to find a way to invite the people I need. I.e. "Aunt Mary, Uncle Tom, Cousin James, Cousin Kristen"

I was thinking of doing a label attached to a ribbon that runs around the pocketfold, but I don''t know how to put several names on a square tag....???

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do? I have to get those names on there bc I need to specify who is invited out of a particular family.

What did you guys do in the past about this???

Thanks for any input!!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie, couldn't you have the names of the guests writen on the outside of the pocketfold, either above or below the ribbon? These would then be placed inside your outer envelope.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie,

I am putting my pocket fold into a inner envelope and then into an outer envelope. I was not under the impression that the pocketfold acted as an envelope.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to help you as you were so great in helping me with my invitation question, but I am too stupid to understand what it is you are trying to do or why you need to do it.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hee hee...thanks noel.

Many people are putting a tag with a monogram on the front to close the pocketfold. I wanted to somehow put my guests'' names on that tag to say that they are invited, thus taking the place of the inner envelope.

some people put the pocketfold in an inner envelope, and some people don''t. I don''t think i want to, but I didn''t know how to put names on the pocketfold.

Pocahontas -- I never thought of actually writing on the top of the pocketfold! That might actually work.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know if this is helpful, but we forwent the whole inner envelope thing and indicated who was invited through our RSVP card wording (this was a bit of a struggle with our invitation designer):

rsvpcardmaybe1nothis.jpg

They can guess who the invitation is intended for based on the number of seats reserved (ie. if it's a family of 5, they'll know that it's meant for their immediate family, not the parents, a kid + SO, and another kid... you know?).

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Musey...that''s a definite possibility as well.

Did it work? Any problems with unwanted people?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This is a photo-shopped version of what I''m talking about.

I used Mandarine''s outside pocketfold. She had her monogram before, but I was thinking of putting guests on it. (I did it super fast...I would obviously space it more)

would it look weird like this?

pocketfold2a.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 1:30:35 PM
Author: Lanie
Musey...that''s a definite possibility as well.

Did it work? Any problems with unwanted people?
Absolutely not, not a single problem.

I can tell you that, as someone who worried QUITE a bit about this, I think brides worry about it too much. It wasn''t an issue at all, the RSVP card very clearly got the point across.

I like your idea of the monogram label being used for the guest names, but it seems like a LOT of extra work that may be unnecessary.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 1:35:40 PM
This is a photo-shopped version of what I''m talking about.

I used Mandarine''s outside pocketfold. She had her monogram before, but I was thinking of putting guests on it. (I did it super fast...I would obviously space it more)

would it look weird like this?
I think this would be fine. I don''t think it looks weird at all.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie-

If you are particularly concerned about two (or 6 specific people) would you consider including a handwritten note to them? My FI and I are actually including personalized notes on all invites (but we have a small guest list, it''s a DW).

Something along the lines of:

Dear Guest-

FI and I are so excited to see you, dear H, and Liz at our wedding. We can''t believe she''s already graduated college! Time flies and we hope to steal a moment with you three during the reception to catch up.

Sincerely-
Lanie

That way they know, that only those three people are invited. That might work especially well if you take Musey''s Idea of adding in the number of seats. If you add in the number of seats RSVP''d, there is no way for them not to know that they can''t substitute baby Nolan for Liz.

Just my two cents that way you don''t have to do it for everyone just those you are worried about.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
We actually had their names on the RSVP card and only had the pocket fold as the only envelope, however, if that is going to be too much work for you, you can as someone suggested write a handwritten note.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
The more I read your threads Musey (the past ones about you getting your wording right), the more I like your idea.

I do not want anyone to be offended by me telling them how many spots I have reserved in their honor. But since we have already lost soooo much money on this wedding, I would hope people would understand our situation. I don''t want to make that call to someone and tell them that their 6 year old daughter isn''t invited, so I figure the RSVP set-number is the best bet for me. My family might not pick up on the names on the inner envelope, but this way is SO clear.

I just emailed my sister the idea of putting the number down, she did a quick poll in her office, and only one girl said she would be offended by it. She is offended whenever someone doesn''t invite her child. I can''t imagine being put off by something like that, especially when I am a guest.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your suggestions...especially Musey :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 4:24:42 PM
I do not want anyone to be offended by me telling them how many spots I have reserved in their honor. But since we have already lost soooo much money on this wedding, I would hope people would understand our situation. I don''t want to make that call to someone and tell them that their 6 year old daughter isn''t invited, so I figure the RSVP set-number is the best bet for me. My family might not pick up on the names on the inner envelope, but this way is SO clear.
For what it''s worth, I really don''t think anyone was offended by it. The "in your honor" part, I think, helps with that. It''s really just to avoid confusion and phone calls that lead to awkward conversations ("Thank you for checking, but no, Betty Sue is not invited...").

I was worried about offending people too. Maybe some people were. But that''s not a very reasonable reaction and, IMO, makes it their problem, not mine (/yours).

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
ok, I get it now... phew.

I'm doing the pocketfold too (which you know), and I had no idea there was an inner envelope. definitely not doing that - too stupid to understand why you need an envelope in an envelope... haha.

on my RSVPs I am printing out the people's name "Jane Doe and Joe Blow" please tick one: _happily accept _regretfully decline on each one. because I'll be doing it on my printer at home I can make a separate one for each guest. I'm not leaving any lines for them to add strangers' or kids' name.

I personally love the monogram idea, but because I'm doing them myself, it's far beyond my crafty talents. but I even more love the idea that you personalize the monograms with your guests' names. I'd be really impressed if I received one with my name on it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results