shape
carat
color
clarity

please help accessorize me!!! pix included...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
okay, i have shoes. that''s it. i''m clueless as to what to do for a veil (my wedding is october 11th, and i still don''t have a veil!), so any suggestions? i know i don''t want a really long one because a) ALL of my friends have worn one, and b) i''m 5''2", so they make me feel a bit overwhelmed. WARNING: i''m about to go on a picture frenzy...i think i''d like something that coordinates with the details on my dress, so i''m going to post 150 pictures of my dress''s details.
9.gif
if nothing else, the pictures may lure in additional help, haha! thanks in advance, ladies!! first, the model pic of my dress...

my anjolique 708.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
last one, i swear...close-up of the hem detail. so what do you guys think i should do for a veil??? OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE HELP ME!!!! i need budget friendly, too, so preferably under a max of $200. thanks so much!

DSCN0640bottomcloseup.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You already have shoes, right?

Then I can''t help.

I think I need pics of the shoes....

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
you''ve seen the shoes, but here''s another with it on MY foot!
9.gif

DSCN0175shoeseses.JPG

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
hey doodle

beautiful dress - where''s it from? I think it''s so gorgeously embellished that a simple veil would be good so as not to clash or overpower the dress (otherwise, it might be hard to find lace to match the hem). I''d be tempted to go for something with a beaded edge to compliment the sequins on the dress, possibly fingertip length that allows the back of the dress to speak for itself.

Here''s a possible one with a rhinestone edge (waist length) from www.bridalpeople.com that retails for $193, just within yr budget

or you could try a bubble veil which is shorter and more ''pouffy'', will attach one in separate post (can''t do more than one pic at once)

6772-L.jpg

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
had another look at your sequins - are they gold or slightly champagne-y? If so, there''s a lovely waist length ivory veil with gold embroidery / beading from http://beautiful-bridal.com/veils/designer/AA99384.html

or, I''ve just noticed there''s a pearl border on the dress (is that right), if so maybe a pearl edge veil? this one''s a bit shorter:
http://www.bestbridalprices.com/illusions-bridal-designer-veil-1201p-p-15623.html

or scattered pearls and rhinestones (pretty)
http://www.bestbridalprices.com/erica-koesler-veil-68535-p-26408.html?cPath=2_795

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
or, I think a 2-3 tier flyaway veil might work e.g. http://cgi.ebay.com/Flyaway-Bridal-Veil-on-Comb-Antique-Gold-Metallic_W0QQitemZ200166136153QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200166136153&_trkparms=72%3A1077%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14 (i know it''s ebay but it''s the best pic of one i could find and it''s done in lots of different colours)

or even a funky cage veil like this one from erica koesler (http://www.bestbridalprices.com/wedding-veils-and-wedding-tiaras-erica-koesler-c-2_795.html?page=3&sort=1) - it comes in champagne which i think would look great with the dress

Right, think I''m done now. thanks for indulging my current obsession - veils!
26.gif

695.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
wow, trinity, you''re good! i didn''t realize i had so many options! i think the colors in my dress are throwing me a bit--the dress is ivory with ivory sequins and silver seed beads, so i know ivory fabric would most likely work best, but should any ornamentation on it be ivory or silver? ha, i''m waaaaay over thinking this! my obsession with detail is why i''ve done FINE with no wedding planner, but maybe i should''ve hired a stylist!
3.gif
thanks so much for making me realize i can do a lot more with my dress than just a plain cathedral veil!

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
hey, you''re welcome; like i said, it''s my latest thing after dresses, venues, flowers, invitations and table plans (i''ve only been engaged a few months!)..like you i''m obsessed with details! I think an ivory veil is def the way forward with yr dress, don''t think the colour of the detailing will matter so much if it''s subtle. let us know what you decide!!

Are you having a tiara? I think that''s going to be my next obsession
31.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i nixed a tiara in favor of a floral hairpiece (something else i need to buy, argh!), so i''m thinking i''ll do my hair like this...

FP-Elisa1.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
thanks sarah--i love those!! i read from a few older posts that occanseybridal.com was really good, so i think i may contact her to see what she can come up with. i''m panicking because at this point, i''ve waited too late to order from a lot of places, so i need to get it done! now i have some pics to show her of things i like, so thanks to all of you for giving me some ideas! i really appreciate it!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
No problem, let us know how it goes. It will work out!! It''s late, but it''s not like the wedding is tomorrow either so I think it''ll be fine!
4.gif
Pretty veil quickly PS dust!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
my first fitting is wednesday (for some reason, i''m REEEEEAAAALLY nervous!), and my mom has graciously volunteered to go a-browsing for veils--my mother hates shopping, so i''m touched!
9.gif
hopefully, that PS dust''ll kick in on wednesday around 2:30!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results