shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of a cross-cultural wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got round to resizing our wedding photos so I thought I''d share them. We managed to squeeze the Western white wedding, Chinese tea ceremony and reception dinner into one evening. First up, my wedding dress...

WCd (1).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Me getting ready. I had already drunk 3 glasses of champagne by this point and was so pink the makeup artist had to powder me down.

CIMG1118.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
DH looking suave. I love this pic of him.

95750009.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Our wedding rings

95720031.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
My ering

WCd (3).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
My parents putting the veil on me. According to our tradition, the parents of the bride MUST put on the veil for her.

WCd (17).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
My mum feeding me sweet dumplings to symbolise their approval of our wedding and to wish us a sweet and happy marriage.

WCd (24).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
My dad walking me down the aisle. If anyone remembers my threads from last year and earlier this year, it was a very tumultuous time leading up to our wedding. It took a lot for DH to win my parents'' approval and my father kept threatening not to walk me down the aisle. On the day itself, he was all smiles and whispered, "Take good care of her." to DH when he handed me over. There were tears in my eyes.

WCd (76).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
My dad handing me over.

95750032.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
DH was teary too...

WCd (99).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I love the emotion captured in this picture.

WCd (87).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Lighting a single candle to symbolise the start of our life together

WCd (104).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Announcing Mr Wolf and Mrs Wolftress!

WCd (120).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
A quiet ''We did it'' moment

WCd (124).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
my knight in a black suit!

WCd (155).jpg

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Awww....you guys look so happy! Congrats to you both!
36.gif
36.gif

I''m glad your parents finally came around. I''m sure that your DH really appreciated finally getting their approval.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aw wolftress, I''m so happy for you that your dear ol Dad came through in the end and approved of the marriage...I know how important that is in Asian culture and I''m sure it made you so thrilled! Congrats on your lovely wedding...you looked so pretty! WHen did you get married?

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Nikki, Surfgirl and Stephanie!

We got married at the end of May this year. It has just taken this long for us to sift through the hundreds of photos and pick our favourites!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I was planning on putting up a few more pics, but my sister rang me and I forgot about my thread! Here are some more pics. Me wearing my Chinese cheongsam smooching up to DH.

weddingkiss.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Mmm chocolate mud

WCd (219).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. Thank you for letting me share
1.gif

WCd (238).jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 9:01:59 AM
Author: surfgirl
Aw wolftress, I''m so happy for you that your dear ol Dad came through in the end and approved of the marriage...I know how important that is in Asian culture and I''m sure it made you so thrilled! Congrats on your lovely wedding...you looked so pretty! WHen did you get married?
Thank you surfgirl! Yes, we were thrilled that my folks came round and were 100% behind us from the time they arrived in Melbourne. My parents gave DH a big warm hug when we went to meet them at their hotel. I was like
6.gif
because they had never done that before. It was all smooth sailing from there
2.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Aww!! Congrats and thanks for sharing not only your great photos, but the warm stories that go along with them.

Love and happiness to the new couple!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Wolftress, you (and your husband) look smashing! I love your photos...thank you for sharing them!

Zoe

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! The love and pride in your parents'' eyes is so touching, I''m glad they came around. Especially since your husband so clearly worships you.
36.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you mela lu, zoebartlett and selkie! I''ve always loved hearing about different wedding traditions, so I thought I''d share mine
2.gif

Selkie, I think they finally realised they just wanted someone who would take good care of their daughter, and DH is a wonderful, caring and sensitive man. It just took a while for them to see it
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wolftress, congrats!!!! You are so beautiful and married a handsome groom! Very elegant wedding!
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wait a minute! Aren''t you living in the LA area? And you got married in Melbourne, as in Australia? I''m confused!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 10:57:35 PM
Author: surfgirl
Wait a minute! Aren''t you living in the LA area? And you got married in Melbourne, as in Australia? I''m confused!
teehee, no I don''t!! I''ve lived in Australia for the last 10 years or so. I wouldn''t mind living in LA for a while, though
2.gif
We hardly ever get any sunlight here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results