shape
carat
color
clarity

Outdoor wedding today, forecast is strong storms and thunderstorms...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

espressa

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so this isn''t about my wedding, it''s actually my mother''s wedding reception (the private ceremony was last week). The reception is today, outside, at their house. They do have a tent but strong storms are predicted from 4-6 (reception starts at 3, dinner is at 5) and then there are supposed to be thunderstorms all night after that.

This really sucks and I feel so terrible for my mom.
39.gif

Has anyone had this happen? Experiences, advice, anything? They are planning to still have it outside under the tent because there are 100 people coming and having it in the house would be pretty cramped, but I don''t know if that''s really going to work given how severe the storms are supposed to be.

Maybe we''ll get lucky and miss the worst parts of the storms, but I''m not counting on it...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck!

We had rain, though not t-storms, predicted for our Spring wedding so we got a tent and heaters. It poured the day before but the day of was about 85 and beautiful. I hope yours is as dry and nice.

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
I hope everything works out OK

I had a tent for my wedding and it poured rain 5 minutes after the DJ announced the last song of the night. Most people left the last half hour or so but there were probably 50 people (we were planning to go out with our friends after the reception) under the tent while it poured. It was totally fine. We talked around and hung out and talked and no one got wet, the tent didn''t budge. When the rain ended after a half hour and we grabbed a cab and went downtown.

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
Also, ask the tent company to bring the sides of the tent. They roll down and you can use it to create a wall on the side where the wind is blowing so that rain doesn''t blow inside the tent. We had them and didn''t have to use them luckly. We did keep them on during the day because it reained up until an hour before the reception and we didn''t want rain blowing in and getting the chairs and table clothes wet.

espressa

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses!

The reception was great - it sprinkled for a few minutes here and there but overall the weather was just fine. I still can''t really believe it, the rain pretty much completely missed us.

So for any brides out there with outdoor weddings coming up, don''t worry! Even if it seems to be guaranteed that you''ll get rain or storms, it might just turn out ok.
1.gif
The forecast up until 2 hours before the reception started called for an 80-90% chance of rain for every single hour throughout the night, and we got nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results