shape
carat
color
clarity

Our wedding 17 December 2010

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Okay.. so I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I loved seeing everyone else's wedding photos when I was planning so I thought I would post ours. We are still waiting on our engagement photos but we will hopefully get them soon.

The week leading up to the wedding was really stressful - we had moved interstate half way through our planning so there was A LOT of last minute things to organise as we couldn't do it until we got back to our home state. It also meant that we were staying with my parents who had the best intentions but it was difficult to be around the, 24/7 when emotions were running high.

The night before the wedding it started raining. The forecast said the next day would be rainy and overcast too. I started panicking because our ceremony was outdoors with no cover. I remember being awake at 3am checking my phone for the weather updates...

In the morning I had the idea that there was another park 5 mins down the road that we had considered booking but liked our ceremony site better. The other park had a gazebo. It was free to book and because we were having our wedding on a Friday it might be available. So I booked it as a back up!

I was really stressed about that all morning, but was able to calm down a bit as I got ready on my own - and I accidentally left my phone with my MOH who was getting her hair done at a salon (I was at the hotel) so no-one could contact me to stress me out!

Except when my MOH arrived she told me that my sister had decided she 'wasn't feeling up to being in front of people' so didn't want to be my witness anymore!

My mum brought me a card DH had written and it was the sweetest thing ever and that made me feel really excited. We got ready, had some photos done and then were off!

We were so lucky, and the awful rain and dark stormy clouds had completely disappeared whilst I was getting ready, it was warm, not too hot and a beautiful blue, sunny sky!

The most amazing thing of the day was seeing DH for the first time - and he was crying! He had been so overcome with emotion about finally making me his wife that he couldn't contain it. So adorable.

The ceremony was the most amazing time of my life, ever. Our celebrant was awesome and the ceremony was completely personalised. I was so happy to be marrying DH and I could see he felt the same about me. It was peaceful, and we were surrounded by our closest family and friends.

Afterwards we had our family photos, then headed to the law school that I studied at for photos, and then we went to an ice cream parlour for a milkshake. I stopped the outdoor photos a bit early because I was REALLY tired and starting to get a headache as I hadn't drunk enough water or ate enough (word of warning girls, eat as much as you can before your makeup is done, and MAKE SURE someone in your bridal party is responsible for ensuring there is water available for you - and that you drink it).

I was disappointed in how the reception decorations turned out, and unfortunately I let that get to me for the first bit of the reception, but then when the speeches started I was reminded of how loved I am by my family, friends and of course my wonderful DH and I relaxed and had a lot of fun! We had lawn bowls and dancing. One of my best memories is dancing with my flower girl and managing to give her whizzies whilst I was wearing my dress!

Anyway, even though there were a few disappointments, overall it was a GREAT day. Now, if you got through all that, onto the photos (there are a lot of photos too...)!

001.jpg
022.jpg
023.jpg
042.jpg
043.jpg
054.jpg

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
139.jpg
142.jpg
145.jpg
148.jpg
155.jpg
156.jpg
160.jpg
162.jpg
165.jpg

the photographer didn't get a photo of us high-fiveing after the kiss - which is why everyone is laughing here.

168.jpg

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
170.jpg
173.jpg
183.jpg
184.jpg
191.jpg

My nephew is slightly ADD at times so I asked him to take photos to keep him occupied. My only limits were that he couldn't be up near us or get in my photographer's way. He did a really good job and really went that extra mile to get a good photo:

211.jpg

Sneaky hug after the ceremony:

212.jpg

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
The next lot of photos were taken at my university, inside and outside of the Law School and one of the nearby halls. The desk in the photos is where the judge sits in moot court. Two of my bridesmaids went to law school with me and most of our relationship with DH I have been studying here, so it was a meaningful place to take photos (and it was fun, the librarians said that in their 15+ years working there we were the first wedding to go into the law library for photos).

231.jpg
233.jpg
237.jpg
238.jpg
239.jpg
248.jpg
251.jpg
254.jpg
258.jpg
265.jpg
269.jpg

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Last one I promise!! Gah, I didn't realise how many photos I had chosen to upload... Sorry about the overload!

After the law school we went to the icecream parlour where we had our first date - almost exactly five years ago (our first date was two days after our anniversary, we were married on our anniversary).

305.jpg
306.jpg
309.jpg
316.jpg
331.jpg
334.jpg
349.jpg

All done! My gosh there are so many!! Oops... sorry! :oops:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

Can I say, WOW! :appl: I love your photos. And you looked stunning, girl.

Some of the things you said (e.g. your sister getting a case of the nerves last minute) made me go :o ...but it sounds like all worked out in the end! Congratulations!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh gosh, don't apologize for all of the photos...they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! you are (were?) a gorgeous bride :) it looks like a truly magical day, thank you so much for sharing.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Never apologize for too many pictures!!!!

They're fantastic. You and DH look absolutely gorgeous. I love the photos in the library (high five fellow law nerd!), the awesome cufflinks, the milkshakes...there is just too much wonderfulness going on here!

And that flower girl in the tutu - GAH! I'm dying!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh these are all so sweet and so gorgeous :) Congratulations!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your pictures!!! You looked really beautiful!! Congratulations! :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for sharing your pictures--I loved them all!

cheers--Sharon

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
so beautiful, thank you for sharing! you can really see the love & fun that you & your husband have together!! congrats, bobbin!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh I love your pictures bobbin :bigsmile: They are just beautiful!

Thank you for sharing, it looks like it was a really special event ::) :appl:

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much!

It really was a great day - although very stressful at times!

I was so pleased with how my vision of the ceremony turned out - the bridesmaids looked exactly how I wanted and I ADORED my dress. I am usually a jeans, t-shirt, hair in a ponytail and no makeup kind of girl, and I honestly couldn't believe how I looked that day! Almost makes me want to do my makeup every day... (not likely)!

piggies

Rough_Rock
i have to admit, I was thisclose to buying that dress and seeing you in it makes me second guess my own choice. you look beautiful!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your pics are absolutely gorgeous, and you and your DH are too cute! I also just love your headband, so pretty.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous photos!!!

You DO know you have to share some your nephew took too right? ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results