shape
carat
color
clarity

OTHER places to register?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I went out today and browsed some of the "typical" registry stores near us to get some ideas of what we both like for tableware and bedding, and we didn''t have much luck finding anything we LOVE. We went to Williams and Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Macy''s, Linens N Things and Target. I plan to stop in BB&B next time I pass it, but their stuff tends to match what LNT has. There are a few dishes on Crate and Barrel''s website that we like (my favs from the photos are these - Entree), so we''ll probably make the hour trip to the closest CB sometime in the near future. If nothing else I know I love their stemware - my parents buy nothing but CB. However, is there anywhere else we should be looking? Our guests are flung all across North America, so we''d like to stick to chains that are likely to be within their reach (or, at the very least, available online). I would say our style is simple and classic, and we''ve generally agreed that we''d like solid white dishes. FI is partial to blue bedding, though I love really rich brown/bronze/silver/gold colors. TIA!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Are there any boutique or locally owned stores in your area? I have found that more and more small stores have registries these days. The only drawback is that they may not have it online and if they only have one location it's hard for out of town guests. There's a small store in my town called Outside In that I just LOVE and I randomly asked them if they do wedding registries and they said yes. I am going to register there, but I'm not sure how many people will actually buy things at that store, so I'll register at some of the traditional places too.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
BriBee - I haven''t really looked for any local places. Maybe worth a try, but the catch is that only 5% of our guest list is actually in town, and those are all friends about our age who we''ve met in school. I''m guessing the guests most likely to choose bedding or dishes as wedding gifts are our relatives, and not a single one of them lives less than 5 hours away.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
What about Bloomingdale''s? They''re a little bit higher end but I think they just added some new lines of China. And they''re all over the country. They also have sales fairly often making the prices reasonable.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
This probably sounds really tacky, but if you REALLY can''t find anything you like, go with BB&B since they give you cash for your returns.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bloomingdales''/Macy''s (correct me if I''m wrong, but i do believe macy''s owns Bloomies now) would probably be your best bet since your guests are coming from all over the US. I''m personally not a huge fan of either, but hey, for convenience''s sake I would not overlook them.

BB&B is another nationwide retailer who is customer-friendly...I can''t see how you''d go wrong with registering there.

And another non traditional choice would be maybe your local gift shop...here in Chicagoland I had several who carried my china pattern and flatware and although I didn''t know about them at the time and did not register there looking back I would have in a heartbeat. We received several place settings and gifts from a certain indie store (who had a registry option unbeknownst to me at the time) and I wish I would have done more research. Could''ve saved some people a bit of trouble.

Best of luck to you! Have fun doing your registries!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results