shape
carat
color
clarity

OK OK I''m ready

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I''m ready to.. enter this sub-forum .. dun dun dun!

I have been super stressed about this wedding stuff that I basically just put it all off.
But with the help of my MOH I feel much better about this and have been making plans.

First, the date 10-30-2010. I''ve had several people complain that it''s around halloween. Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday, FI and I met in OCT, started dating in OCT and.. it just reminds me of him. So we picked October!

Location: Vegas. We WERE thinking Mandalay Bay, but am going with Luxor now. We are not as crazy about it, but we have a smaller budget for a wedding, so we went with the cheaper location.

Guests? Like 40-50. I have mine, he has to narrow his down from 70+ to 20-25. He claims he needs all of them there.
38.gif
I don''t even know 70 people. ;-)

Reception, I am looking at the Burger Bar. Low-key, burgers and sandwiches. And drinks.

The dress? NO IDEA
The shoes? NO IDEA

32.gif

What else is there? helpppp!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Well congrats and WELCOME! I am getting married 10/24, this year, a full week before Halloween and people are complaining as well. Don''t worry about it! We''d do it ON the holiday if we wanted. :)

All your plans seem great - and so much fun! Good luck with everything!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Don''t stress, its not their wedding! its yours. October is a great month! we got married in October... love the month, weather, season, everything... you have over a year, so you''re doing good.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 4:40:15 PM
Author:swedish bean

First, the date 10-30-2010. I''ve had several people complain that it''s around halloween. Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday, FI and I met in OCT, started dating in OCT and.. it just reminds me of him. So we picked October!

i also met & started dating my FI in october & am planning an october ''10 wedding! i didn''t really put that together until now! btw, welcome to BWW.
35.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to BWW!

I echo the other ladies'' advice. Its your wedding, not theirs! You can do what you want hun =)

Other things to think about:

Wedding Entertainment
Wedding Photography
Wedding Cake
Celebrant/Officiant
Wedding Flowers
Wedding Rings

Those are the key things beside the ones you''ve got to think about besides the dress and shoes =)

Good Luck!

Date: 9/1/2009 8:58:20 PM
Author: cindygenit
Welcome to BWW!

I echo the other ladies'' advice. Its your wedding, not theirs! You can do what you want hun =)

Other things to think about:

Wedding Entertainment

Wedding Photography

Wedding Cake

Celebrant/Officiant

Wedding Flowers

Wedding Rings

Those are the key things beside the ones you''ve got to think about besides the dress and shoes =)

Good Luck!

Wedding entertainment I''m not sure about, but everything other than rings are covered. I have an idea what I want, but might wait until 2011 to get the big diamonds :D (after the wedding is done).. so I''m thinking a plain band for now.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
In that case, all the major things you need to do are done! lucky girl you!

What about the bridal party outfits and bridal gifts?

What about your groom''s tux?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on picking a date and venue! I can''t believe people are giving you a hard time about the date
38.gif
Tell them it could be worse though they could be invited to my wedding which is the day after Christmas.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats and welcome to BWW!!!! Enjoy the planning process!!!! And it''s you and FI''s wedding, so if the date is important to you, than that''s all that matters!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome and congrats! This is a really fun place!!!

You will have to check out Freke''s posts!! She is planning a wedding in Vegas in Jan at Mandalay Bay...I think at THEchapel! I saw a pic of it and it looks really nice!!! Also, I think she was thinking about having a burger reception at one point! You''ll have to pick her brain. Here''s one of her threads...linky.

Chime in, Freke!
9.gif

Date: 9/2/2009 11:49:15 AM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Welcome and congrats! This is a really fun place!!!

You will have to check out Freke''s posts!! She is planning a wedding in Vegas in Jan at Mandalay Bay...I think at THEchapel! I saw a pic of it and it looks really nice!!! Also, I think she was thinking about having a burger reception at one point! You''ll have to pick her brain. Here''s one of her threads...linky.

Chime in, Freke!
9.gif

I''ve seen a few of the posts, which made me laugh because I would say out loud "OH wow.. I was thinking the same thing"

Anyways... I think I''ve always known I was going to do a Vegas wedding- my dad always told me he''d give me cash to elope any time ;-) (So I''m off their hands) .. It just appeals to me. We went in.. hmm March to look at some places and Mandalay Bay is very nice! Luxor was... all pink.. and.. well, it will do. :) I just need to count my blessings.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Swedish Bean, I just saw this after I saw your mom thread. How are wedding plans going minus the stress your mom is causing you? And what burger places are you looking into? I''m having a heck of a time figuring out what to do about our dinner after the ceremony. No one wants to call me back it seems...

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the progress you have made so far!

I am surprised people are complaing about your date being so near Halloween. Our wedding is ON Halloween and the only grumblings I have heard have been a few moms who are upset that they will be missing trick-or-treating with their kids. Either way - no matter what date you chose - you will find someone who thinks it is too close to another holiday, too hot or cold out during that time of year - blah blah. The only thing that really matters is that YOU and your FI are happy with the date you chose!

PS - Halloween is my favorite holiday too!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Vegas weddings! I''m getting married at Bouchon (at the Venetian) in less than two weeks. Gulp...

People are seriously upset that the wedding is *near Hallowe''en*? Sheesh. If their threshold for wedding conflicts is that low, there''d be no day in the entire year you could get married without someone grumbling.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
sorry this "wedding is near halloween...boo" thing is ridiculous. who complains about another person''s wedding
33.gif
38.gif
....especially something as unoffensive as the wedding date?? i get that you might be upset that you can''t make it if somebody gets married on thanksgiving day or christmas day, or any other holiday that normally includes planned family time and family traditions, but halloween? are these people worried that your wedding will make them too tired to answer the door for trick-or-treaters? give me a break! what dates would work for them? july is clearly out because of independence day. sorry but i think that complaining about other people''s weddings is generally lame!

i love halloween! my bday is nov. 1 and i used to always have costume birthday parties when i was young. i think it''s great! i always get so excited when the weather starts to cool off and i see pumpkins on doorsteps.

ps..i actually know of a girl who is having a halloween/costume wedding and you aren''t exactly doing that haha

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
a couple of weeks ago, i read a few ads that was published in the delta in-flight magazine about wedding packages in las vegas. one ad was for the luxor and i thought it was pretty cool and added that as an option IF my parents and FILs don't behave and the stress goes out of hand hahaha.

maybe you may want to check that out? there was several hotels listed there but i could only remember the luxor. i couldn't remember the price but the package includes the flowers, pro-photographer, limo service, dinner, exclusive photo-op at the welcome las vegas sign (i guess you need THAT as a reminder you got hitched in LV!
2.gif
)and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results