shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help identifying MS gown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

senorita

Rough_Rock
I tried a Maggie Sottero dress on today and really liked it, but I need to know the name of the style. I'm hoping the dress wizards can help out! It does NOT have the corset back- it zips and then has a row of crystal buttons that close over the zipper. It is strapless with a sweetheart neckline. Fabric is a sheer tulle over satin. There is a heavy sequined lace (I think they called it Battenberg lace?) over the tulle, but it does not cover the whole dress. It goes around the bottom and bodice, but there are parts of the skirt that are just a thin layer of sheer tulle. The silhouette is something between a-line and mermaid- because the lace is heavy and tulle is so thin, it hangs very straight, does not puff out. The specific one I tried on was ivory tullle/lace over gold satin. The overall effect was very vintage and reminded me of Musey's gorgeous Pronovias. I know this is not much to go by. Please help if you can!
p.s. This is my first post. I got engaged over the summer and we are getting married in September '08. I am always so impressed by all the caring people on here and am excited to be part of it all!
Thanks!!!
ETA: could not find on MS website

senorita

Rough_Rock
Sophie- thanks for responding!

None of those are the one. The dress I found is quite different than those because the layer of fabric (I think it''s tulle) with the lace is very thin and sheer, so the lace weighs it down and there is no "pouf". Maybe it isn''t tulle, as it "flows" and is not stiff. It is not a defined mermaid at all, but somewhere between that and slim a-line/sheath. The bodice has lace and kind of tapers down into the skirt asymmetrically before ending and the skirt continues as just the sheer fabric (with satin beneath), and then there is a band of lace around the bottom of the dress. The lace is very distinct- it looks like defined "swirls" of satin that have been sewn onto the sheer layer, not fine embroidery detail. You can see the raw edge of the sheer fabric along the bottom of the dress. Also, you can see through the sheer layer to the satin, it''s not layers upon layers of tulle. I''m so sorry if this isn''t clear. Who ever thought it would be so difficult to describe a dress? It really reminds me of Musey''s in the way it has the raw edge, sheer layer with solid underneath, flows and "bunches" at the train when you turn, and has a vintage flair.

Thank you, thank you for helping!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Senorita,

MS does have a "Limited" line that is not shown on the website and only carried at certain stores. I tried on a Limited dress at one shop, and even the shop didn''t have a photo of it in their catalogs. They had to call MS directly to even find out what the color was called. I''m wondering if the gown you''re describing is from this line. You could try looking up the store on the MS site to see if they''re listed as carrying the limited line - might give you a better idea...

Good luck finding it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results