shape
carat
color
clarity

My wedding website..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synth19

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, just started working on my wedding website. It's on a temporary server for now.... eventually, once I'm done.. It will have it's own domain name for our guests. The only content thats sorta done is the proposal section.. but I'll probably fine tune that down the road with better wording etc... I just copied and pasted that from an email I sent ppl lol!

Click here for my wedding website!

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Looks great! Keeps us posted as you add
emsmile.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow your website looks great... i can''t wait to see it as you update!

synth19

Rough_Rock
thanks! I just finished as much as I can this weekend. Since the wedding is in October, I still have some time. I just got carried away today! I redid the "proposal" section... I made the images into thumbnails, also... I did some custom work on the "gift registry" section... the target and crate and barrel logo''s are not the original logo''s, but I think it''s close enough! I made them to get the color change when you roll over the images...

QUESTION- do you think wht I wrote in the registry section is tacky? The wedding is in Toronto, but we are moving to Chicago... I dont want to haul gifts over the boarder, so I put that in there... thanks..

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooo how exciting!! I''ve been working on a website too... but haven''t published it yet, cuz we haven''t decided on anything yet!! sigh..... but great job on it so far, i love the proposal story!
1.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Personally I think it''s perfectly acceptable to put that on the registry - in fact bridal etiquette (if you stick to it
emsmilep.gif
) says if you have any specific registry info eg this or money etc then you put it on a web site or blog and not on invitations. Make sure all the parents tell people too since not everyone is tech savvy..... have fun!
emteeth.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
wow, your website looks great!! I don''t think having the registry info is tacky. Personally, I love ordering from internet registries. Hassle-free gift giving!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
what fun- I know I''ll keep checking back to see your progress!

when it all becomes official for the me & the BF maybe I can convince him to do the same....

I don''t think the registry instructions for shipping are tacky at all, as your guests want to do the thing that is most convenient for you!

synth19

Rough_Rock
thanks everybody! I learned design and html just by "messing around" so I appreciate the comments! The little suttle things take so much time, I wanted to have the pictures pop-up & sized accordingly when you click them (see the proposal page on my website). I finally figured out the javascrpit for that! woo hoo!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
synth -

Lovely! So simple and elegant!

Fiance and I are currently in discussions about our website... we have different tastes in design.
2.gif
I love what you''ve done!

synth19

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That''s exactly what I was going for... simple and elegant! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results