shape
carat
color
clarity

My Texas shower!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been waiting for pictures from the hostess but don''t have any yet, so I just want to share... hopefully I''ll be able to post them soon!

I just went home for my last planning trip before the wedding, and Saturday was my first shower! There were 12 hostesses, including a few I hadn''t actually met before, but were friends of my mom. They did an amazing job and it was so beautiful! It started at 10 am, so it was "brunch" nibbles, including these hollowed-out strawberries with marscapone cheese. YUM. I''m bummed I only got one of those, but I didn''t have time to eat much. There were about 80 people there.

It was kind of weird opening all the presents in front of everyone, especially since that''s about all I did. When I got there, about half an hour before it started, I was seated in my "throne" and told to start opening. A store in town had been collecting gifts and delivered them that morning, so there were about 30 presents there even though nobody had arrived yet. I had my niece on my right side helping me rip and tear (she loves it!) and my sister-in-law on my left taking notes. And as soon as I got something unwrapped and noted, one of the hostesses swooped in and grabbed it from me. I didn''t realize exactly what she was doing until later, but she set everything out for everyone to see, and in such a precise and delicate manner. And everyone walked around and commented on it all.

It was a "come and go" shower, though nobody really left because they were having fun! I was glad about that because once I finally caught up with the presents I was able to walk around and talk to people. It was so festive and fun, and probably the best part is that my grandmother, who is battling stage 4 ovarian cancer, was able to come. It was her first trip out of the house that didn''t relate to a doctor''s appointment in months. Everyone was so glad to see her! I hope it boosted her spirits and her health even more!

So now I have to sit down and write all my thank you notes! I think my favorite gift were our Waterford toasting flutes, but M is thrilled that we got a pot rack since we''ve been talking about needing one for over a year now. Also I think I got every platter that Wilton Armetale makes. I can''t wait to have a party now!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering how your shower was. It sounds like it was quite a party! I''m glad you got to spend time with your grandmother, and that you had fun. And those strawberries sound AMAZING. Yum!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Selkie! Wow, your wedding is coming up soon!!!

The odd thing about my shower was that a lot of the presents came from a local store where I hadn''t registered... I think they printed out my Dillard''s registry and set up a registry for me without my permission. Everything from there had been on my Dillard''s list, but it was so weird because I then had to go take things of my Dillard''s list. I didn''t know that was done, but my sister said it had happened to her as well. I''m glad the local store got the business, but still... kind of odd.

Two weeks until my DC shower!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Same thing happened to my girlfriend at her come and go Texas shower. Everything came from a local store that she had not registered at. At least you got to open your gifts, everything was opened and displayed when she got there. Where in Texas was your shower?

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Sum, I''m glad you had a good time at your shower! Sounds like you got great gifts too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results