shape
carat
color
clarity

My "Save the Date" Luggage Tags are done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Just went out to my mailbox this morning and my free STD business cards have arrived from VistaPrint!

I printed out the Name, Address and Phone Number side on plain business cards on my computer, then trimmed them to fit the VP business cards, laminated each into a luggage tag (laminator AND luggage tags and loops courtesy of ebay, of course!
9.gif
) and then hooked the loop on, and waalaahhh! We have our STD''s!

What do you think?

Luggage Tag.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a close-up...

business card std.JPG

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
What an awesome idea using the luggage tags for a destination wedding! Are you mailing them in an letter envelope?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks blueyes!

I was beginning to think with no responses, that maybe the luggage tags were a HORRIBLE idea! Everyone I've mentioned them to thought they would be great, but maybe they just didn't turn out as well as I'd thought? I dunno...no telling what people will like these days, so I appreciate your feedback!

As for sending them out, I plan to put these in the STD boxes, along with a Hawaiian shirt floating candle, a little "Hawaiian Punch to Go" packet (the little packets they sell to flavor a water bottle) along with 2 Hefty Travel Bags-OneZip quart plastic travel bags specifically made for air travel as approved by the airport security guidelines. They hold 7-8 3 oz. bottles, which is the size you can "carry-on" so I thought that would be cute. They even have a little airplane on them!

I was trying to think of things that were functional AND cute, hence the luggage tag that I made so it can actually be used by our guests, a candle that can be burned, a drink mix to be drank and the bags to hopefully travel with when they come to Hawaii to see us!

Any other ideas as to what I can throw in there?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 12:07:35 AM
Author: Sophie
that is a great idea for a DW. Great job!
Thanks, Sophie! Hopefully some of our guests will think so, too!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Sorry darlin...I was out stacking firewood today...so was away from my keyboard...but had I been here...I would have said, "Eureka...those are fabulous!" What a great destination idea. It is actually better than great!! Even the luggage is dressing for your wedding!! They are perfect. Sorry you were hanging out there all alone for so long.

I think I would run to party warehouse and get some cheap lays...(is that the way you spell it?) or a craft store and place an orchid...silk...cheaper one...or I suppose you are sending STDs to 100 people...you could get the rubber orchids. What about paper umbrellas you know you put them in your drink? A mini pack of Hawaiian coffee...well, no you already have your punch. Lets see...Dramamine? Just joking. Oh you know what would be a hoot...not sure where you can get them small and cheap but you know the little hula girls that you put on your dash?? Oh that would be cute! You could emboss come hula with us!

I''ll keep thinking, but I really think your luggage tags are a superb idea!! They turned out great!!
36.gif

DKS

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh these are great! If I got a save the date like this I would definately use it as my luggage tag. I also think the rest of the little goodies your putting in your save the date box are wonderful ideas.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very neat idea!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh, I LOVE THOSE!! The whole idea sounds so cool to me. I love the idea of the box with all the stuff in it. It''s like a mini care package. Hope you post pics of the whole box once it''s done! :D

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 12:29:37 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Sorry darlin...I was out stacking firewood today...so was away from my keyboard...but had I been here...I would have said, ''Eureka...those are fabulous!'' What a great destination idea. It is actually better than great!! Even the luggage is dressing for your wedding!! They are perfect. Sorry you were hanging out there all alone for so long.

I think I would run to party warehouse and get some cheap lays...(is that the way you spell it?) or a craft store and place an orchid...silk...cheaper one...or I suppose you are sending STDs to 100 people...you could get the rubber orchids. What about paper umbrellas you know you put them in your drink? A mini pack of Hawaiian coffee...well, no you already have your punch. Lets see...Dramamine? Just joking. Oh you know what would be a hoot...not sure where you can get them small and cheap but you know the little hula girls that you put on your dash?? Oh that would be cute! You could emboss come hula with us!

I''ll keep thinking, but I really think your luggage tags are a superb idea!! They turned out great!!
36.gif

DKS
Hi Twinkie!
35.gif
Out stacking firewood? You machine, you!

Thanks for the nice feedback! I have looked into getting some silk lei''s...I thought that might be good filler in the boxes rather than raffia or tissue. I''ve found some vendors on ebay, but they''re still about $.40 each...these little boxes can get might out of hand BEFORE shipping costs, let me tell ya!

I also thought about getting the little drink umbrellas (still lookinginto those) but I forgot I already have little tropical drink straws with parrots, etc... on them I thought I could throw in there that would be cute with the drink packets. I also found blow-up beach balls on ebay for as low as $.33 each if I buy 100, which of course I could use the extras in my prize box at school, but I''m not sure if I''d send those in the STD''s or save them for the OOT Welcome Bags. I''ve gotten so much stuff for those that I''m trying to see what I could use in the STD''s that won''t make them weigh too much.

Thanks for the ideas...I''ll keep you posted on what else I come up with!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Bella, Indy, NElady, zoe & Tacori! I appreciate your feedback!

partyjewels...that''s my hope, that people would actually use them! Thanks for your input!

35.gif
Hi April! Thanks! I will be sure to take pictures of everything when I get them all put together!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
The look very cute! This might be a stupid question, but if they are laminated how will people write their info on the side of the luggage tag? Your ideas for the package sound great too but I might think "huh?" if I got a plastic Hefty bag in a STD. I understand what they are for but I wouldn''t keep a little plastic bag around if I wasn''t actually traveling to the wedding for a few months. Very thoughtful STD though!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 7:55:52 PM
Author: indecisive
The look very cute! This might be a stupid question, but if they are laminated how will people write their info on the side of the luggage tag? Your ideas for the package sound great too but I might think ''huh?'' if I got a plastic Hefty bag in a STD. I understand what they are for but I wouldn''t keep a little plastic bag around if I wasn''t actually traveling to the wedding for a few months. Very thoughtful STD though!
LOL, indecisive! I was banking on the fact that many people I see these days are the type (my FI included) who are too dang lazy to take the card out of the little luggage tag that normally comes with their luggage and they try to write over the plastic. I was assuming they would use a Sharpie permanent marker, but sheesh, maybe I should include that in the box, too!
31.gif

Here''s a picture of the little Hefty bag I was talking about...once you see it, it''s pretty self-explanatory (at least I think so!) And most of the folks'' we''re sending these to have said they WILL be coming, so I don''t think too many will be wasted...that is my hope, anyhow! They''re only about the size of a sandwich bag, so maybe they''ll use them in their lunch???
9.gif

I guess I could label and put instructions on everything, but that seems kinda silly.

And I forgot to mention...the actual invitations will be going in these boxes, also, as we need numbers no later than 6 months prior, so everything goes out in one shebang, and we will do different STD''s for the reception next August. Hope that makes sense!

DSC03039.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
Your tags are so cute! Perfect idea and they came out very well!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 12:24:13 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Curious...how many are you planning to make the trip?

DKS
We''re trying to keep it at less than 50 with the wedding party. FI''s family is huge (parents are both children of 9, all still living!) So we are inviting all of the aunts & uncles on his dad''s side, and his mom''s twin on her side. There are a few cousins to be invited, but we are having no children, so hopefully that will keep numbers down. I have a whopping 11 people, including my mom, dad and bro on my list...pretty sad, huh? We just don''t have a large family...

We plan to have a huge reception/party in August after we come home that will include all of the extended family, friends, kids, coworkers, etc....

BTW, a friend of mine just pointed out that my wedding is in exactly 9 months from tomorrow (the 22nd!)

Yikes, I think I need to go lie down!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 12:28:01 AM
Author: sera
Your tags are so cute! Perfect idea and they came out very well!
Thanks, sera! I really like how they turned out, as well!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love ''em Harleigh, they turned out great! Something i''ve never seen before and would be glad to receive if I were you guest!!! Great job once again!
36.gif

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh - so cute, but I would be confused that you couldn''t actually remove the slip of paper to write on it.

Wouldn''t writing on the plastic smear?? Even with the perm. Marker?? Maybe you should let the guests know they have to
write on the outside of the tag.. Or maybe they will save it as a "keepsake"

A few tropical items would be cute,,, I wouldn''t gp over board with a lot of stuff.
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 1:20:36 PM
Author: crystalheart1
Oh - so cute, but I would be confused that you couldn''t actually remove the slip of paper to write on it.

Wouldn''t writing on the plastic smear?? Even with the perm. Marker?? Maybe you should let the guests know they have to
write on the outside of the tag.. Or maybe they will save it as a ''keepsake''

A few tropical items would be cute,,, I wouldn''t gp over board with a lot of stuff.
36.gif
Very cute idea and they came out really well! I had the same question as CH1 though...does that mean they would write on the laminated plastic with a Sharpie (or better yet something that cannot be washed off plastic)?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 2:35:28 AM
Author: monarch64
Love ''em Harleigh, they turned out great! Something i''ve never seen before and would be glad to receive if I were you guest!!! Great job once again!
36.gif
Thanks, Monnie! I''m hoping our guests feel the same!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock

36.gif
Thanks, crystal!
35.gif

I think they will either figure it out or use it as a keepsake. And no, I''ve tried the Sharpie''s on them and as long as you give it a few seconds to dry, it doesn''t smear. I''m sure it will wear off over time, but it should get them to Hawaii and back in one piece, I hope! They can then remove the Sharpie with Goo Gone or lighter fluid if they need to change the info!
36.gif

I think I''m just going to get the silk leis to cushion the bottom, which will add padding and color, so hopefully that will be good!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 2:19:48 PM
Author: FireGoddess

36.gif
Very cute idea and they came out really well! I had the same question as CH1 though...does that mean they would write on the laminated plastic with a Sharpie (or better yet something that cannot be washed off plastic)?
Hi FG! The only thing I can think of that wouldn''t come off is a Paint Pen, and that''s ONLY if our guests are smart enough to figure that one out! I think I''ll leave that one up to them and see what they come up with!

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
I have to tell you I''ve just recently become registered....been a lurker since I got engaged almost 2 months ago. Every great freaking idea I''ve come across has your name on it! I''m not having a DW, but have helped numerous friends, and family members plan their weddings and now mine. And all the little details really add up and make it memorable for everyone. You really have come up with great ideas. Congrats! Your wedding is going to be amazing!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Neveah!
35.gif
Welcome to PS!

Thanks so much for the sweet words! I''ve gotten so many great ideas from others on here that I hope some of my creativity will help someone else somewhere down the road!

It''s nice to make your acquaintance, and many congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results