shape
carat
color
clarity

My Invites are

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Finally Done! They took forever! I may never want to do another crafting project ever again.

My fiance and I did almost the entire thing d.i.y. I designed all the pieces, we had them printed and cut, but we MADE the pocket folders and everything else ... I do not recommend it!

This is how they turned out

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the front of the invite. The printed piece is attached to the folder with foam tape, giving it a "3-D" effect. The ribbon tucks between the two.

front-of-invite-for-web.jpg

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Lastly, here are the two inserts. I even drew the map myself. What an energy-drainer. I know we saved some money on the invites by doing them ourselves, but they took so much work. I''m not sure it was worth it. (Plus, my fiance is Vietnamese and his parents, after all the invites were done and some sent out, asked us to do a second version with the parents names on them!!!)

invite-inserts.jpg

kimberlina13

Shiny_Rock
Those are so beautiful! Congrats on getting them done! Must be a big sigh of relief for you! Believe me, I feel your pain on DIY! :)

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats,
those are beautiful!

i also feel your "diy" pain, but believe me, when you start getting responses back on how beautiful they are you''ll be glad you put the effort in. It''s exciting when people recognize the hard work that goes into the personal touches you put so much heart into.

xapora

Shiny_Rock
You guys did a great job, they are absolutely gorgeous! It definitely looks like all the hard work was worth it.
9.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind comments! I hope my guests feel the same. I almost feel like calling everyone up and saying, "Don''t dare throw that invitation away! Do you know how much time and effort went into those!!??"

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I love how the chandelier fits just so perfectly from piece to piece!! Well done!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
they look wonderful!!
i am still trying to decide if i want to undertake this project myself or just shell out the cash. do you mind telling me how much you may have spend per invite? if you don''t know, or don''t feel comfortable saying, that is completely fine... i''m just trying to weigh the pros and cons of doing them myself.
yours turned out perfect!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, thank you for the compliment! (Everyone else as well!)

I''m not sure that I could quantify the time per invitation, but I can tell you all the pieces that went into it. We made 165 of them.

1. The idea phase -coming up with a concept and buying the materials (and returning certain items shortly after.)
2. Cut the brown folders. Fold all of them in half.
3. Cut the pocket portion of the folder. Score them, fold them and adhere them to the folder.
4. Design the insert pieces. Find a good printer and have them printed and cut. (I wouldn''t have survived if I had to cut these too.)
5. Adhere the main invitation to the inside of the folder.
6. Cut and adhere the purple background on the front of the invite.
7. Cut the foam tape and adhere the chandelier piece to the front of the invite.
8. Make sure that the __ of __ portion of the RSVP card is filled out appropriately. Stuff the folder.
9. Cut and tie the ribbon.

The rest of the details; stamping, addressing, organizing ... you''d have to do with any invite.

It was exhausting, but I''m hoping it sets the right tone for my sophisticated, formal loft wedding.

I would definitely not jump into it lightly. They take a lot of time. I wish I would have started earlier too because they took so long.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! They look beautiful! What a lot of work but they look awesome!

Thanks for the heads up on the time it took. What a reality check for me because we considered it but changed our minds. Thanks for confirming the fact of the hard work it is! But I must admit... they are beautiful!!!! I am sure tha tall your guests will gush over them!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Those are amazing!!
30.gif
Down the road, I''m sure you''ll look back and appreciate having such a beautiful and unique keepsake.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results