shape
carat
color
clarity

My Invitation/Save the Date Boxes are done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

It seems like it''s been forever since I''ve gotten to play on PS! I''ve missed all of you, but I sure have been busy with wedding plans! Every night & weekend has been spent working on wedding invitations, the information letters, RSVP cards, boxes, etc... Who knew this could be so time-consuming???

I am more than thrilled to say that I got almost everything completed last night and got most of them shipped out after work today, and had I not screwed up 3 of them by forgetting either an address, a response card, etc..., I wouldn''t have been able to take pictures for you all, so it worked out all right!

The boxes were bigger than I planned on, but they were only about 20 cents each on ebay, so it worked out fine.

In my gargantuan boxes I included my DIY invitations I made along with a welcome letter with the disclaimer that we understand everyone might not be able to make it to our wedding in Hawaii and to please consider joining us for our wedding reception in August. I forgot to take a picture of the letter, but it''s in the light green envelopes in the picture. If you would like to see it, let me know and I''ll take a picture of it for you. The letter also included our travel agent''s information, our wedding website info (in case they pay NO attention to their STD luggage tag!) along with their online RSVP code for the wedding website if they choose to save a stamp and do it online. I also included 3 wallet-size engagement photos in each welcome letter...I figure I had them, so I may as well use them!
31.gif

For the fun stuff, I put a lime green Hawaiian shirt floating candle, a "Hawaiian Punch to Go" packet, a parrot straw with a fuschia belly, 2 travel ziploc baggies (meets airport guidelines for carry-on liquids
9.gif
,) the luggage tags I made along with 2 silk leis that were great as padding in the box. They each cost hardly anything to put together, and each one cost $3.68 to ship via first class mail.

I think that''s it! Looking at them now, they really don''t seem very exciting, but I am so excited to be done with them and have them on their way that I''m not sure I care anymore! We have less than 9 months to go, so time''s awastin'', and we need to get a move on!

Please let me know what you think!

Here''s the box w/a book on it for size reference...they were pretty darn big!

Box size.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Here is the final invite with the lining I did...unfortunately, my lining didn''t match my background paper of my invitations, but it is really more the color of the wedding colors, so it''ll be fine. Lining those envelopes was a pain! Arghhh!

Final Invite.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Here is all of the stationery I used...let me know if you would like to see the welcome letter and I will take a picture and post it.

Stationery.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Here is the jumbled mess in the boxes. You can see I tried to use a fuschia "You''re Invited!" stamp in the bottom left corner, but that didn''t turn out too well.

All of this was included in the boxes along with the invitation and welcome letter.

STD Boxes.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Almost forgot...here is a close-up of the RSVP card I did.

To avoid people forgetting to put their names, I personalized each one as I printed it out. I felt like there was so much information on them that I had to make it as user-friendly for them as possible.

I also made each guest a return address label and put that on the outside of the stamped, self-addressed envelope, so I figure I have 2 guaranteed (I hope!) ways to identify who is RSVP''ing.

I guess doing it that way may be tacky, but some people are so lazy that I want to make it as easy as I could.

That''s all for now! Enjoy!

RSVPHarleigh.JPG

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hi Harleigh!!

These are fantastic!!! Man I feel like such a slacker - I wasn''t even considering doing STDs until my friend agreed to do a photoshoot for us. And now I''m thinking I''m even too lazy to order chrsitmas cards/STDs!

Those boxes ARE huge! But imagine how exciting it will be for your guests to receive these big boxes with all that fun stuff in it for your wedding. I think it was a fantastic idea!

Also love how you printed out each RSVP card to personalize it. What a good idea (and such dedication!)

36.gif
great job! I love them! :D

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 9:22:17 AM
Author: April Diamonds
Hi Harleigh!!

These are fantastic!!! Man I feel like such a slacker - I wasn''t even considering doing STDs until my friend agreed to do a photoshoot for us. And now I''m thinking I''m even too lazy to order chrsitmas cards/STDs!

Those boxes ARE huge! But imagine how exciting it will be for your guests to receive these big boxes with all that fun stuff in it for your wedding. I think it was a fantastic idea!

Also love how you printed out each RSVP card to personalize it. What a good idea (and such dedication!)

36.gif
great job! I love them! :D

Hi April!

Thanks so much for your kind words! They originally started out as STD boxes, but since time flies, they have become "Invitation" boxes! The measurements weren''t so huge as to be unreasonable, but our guests will definitely know that they''ve received something in the mail!

The measurements of the boxes were:
L 12 3/8"
H 10 1/4"
W 3 1/8"
I''d say they were similar to a small shirt box...since I have a bunch left over, I''m thinking of using them for Christmas presents I have to ship out!

As for the personalized RSVP cards...I''m not sure if that''s being dedicated or simply anal! I''ll run with both!

Thanks again! It was nice to hear from you!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
How freakin cute!! I thought about April''s comments on guests being excited to receive them and I thought- "hell yea, I would love to get a fun box like that for a wedding invitations!"

I think you did a stunning job Harleigh! Everything is so thoughtful and fun at the same time- I think this box will get people revved to come to your wedding in Hawaii!!

I also love how elegant your invitations came out (especially with the fun hot pink ribbon at the top- so you!)

The personal letter is a very sweet touch too. You''ll have to let us know when you start getting responses from your friends and family- I want to know what their reaction upon receiving these boxes will be!! Congrats!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Harleigh! Wow...everything looks great!! Are you sending your invitations out now so that guests can RSVP and make travel plans in advance? Just curious...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 1:55:14 PM
Author: shigidigi
How freakin cute!! I thought about April''s comments on guests being excited to receive them and I thought- ''hell yea, I would love to get a fun box like that for a wedding invitations!''

I think you did a stunning job Harleigh! Everything is so thoughtful and fun at the same time- I think this box will get people revved to come to your wedding in Hawaii!!

I also love how elegant your invitations came out (especially with the fun hot pink ribbon at the top- so you!)

The personal letter is a very sweet touch too. You''ll have to let us know when you start getting responses from your friends and family- I want to know what their reaction upon receiving these boxes will be!! Congrats!
Thanks, shigidigi! Your comments make me feel so much better about sending them out! We really only sent them to the people we had already discussed that they were planning to come, so hopefully most of them won''t be wasted! We did a few "token" invites to those we can''t leave out, though we are pretty sure they will only attend the reception.

My one friend told me her daughter loved the lei''s so much that she almost had to let her wear one in the bath tub last night...I told her to send pictures of that one! Too bad I already knew they weren''t going to be able to make it, but as she is my bridesmaid in spirit, I didn''t want to disclude her from any of the details like the invite boxes.

I hope everyone else likes them as much as you do!!! I''m so excited to start getting responses, but I have a feeling it will be awhile as people start trying to plan out costs, dates, etc..., so who knows? I am not the most patient of people, so I imagine it may drive me insane!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 5:51:38 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Hi Harleigh! Wow...everything looks great!! Are you sending your invitations out now so that guests can RSVP and make travel plans in advance? Just curious...
Thanks, zoe!

Yes, we did send the invitations out with the boxes as the airfare and hotel prices just keep going up. It''s almost $1K more this month than it was last month for the hotel we were looking at. Luckily we got that booked and can now advise our guests, but it''s amazing to me how much the prices keep increasing.
32.gif

For a wedding as far away as Hawaii, the recommended advanced invitation mailing was 9-12 months, which we didn''t quite make, so I guess 8 1/2 months advance warning will have to do! Hopefully it will be enough time for our guests to plan ahead!

Also, we need to confirm some things in Hawaii at 6 months or so prior, so we set the RSVP date for 6 months from the wedding. Whether or not we get them back by then will be the question, but I''m hoping!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, now THAT is an invitation! Great job- I would absolutely love to receive something like that in the mail! You did an amazing job on everything. I intend to bug you and ask you for all kinds of advice when we start our DIYs, you little master you!!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 9:47:20 AM
Author: misysu2
Wow, now THAT is an invitation! Great job- I would absolutely love to receive something like that in the mail! You did an amazing job on everything. I intend to bug you and ask you for all kinds of advice when we start our DIYs, you little master you!!
36.gif
Thanks, misysu!

One of my friends received hers today and she was beside herself with excitement, so that made me feel great!

I''m already plotting even better things for the Out of Town Welcome bags, so keep watching!

BTW, I''d be glad to help you with anything I can!

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
What a fantastic idea! Love it all. I can''t imagine anyone not wanting to do everything they can to come to your wedding! I really feel like invitations set the tone for the kind of wedding it will be.... you really made it personal, elegant, and fun all at once. Congrats!

BTW....if this is a repeated question, I''m sorry. How many did you invite? How many do you think will (really) come. Not that they wouldn''t want to of course.... just money, vacation time, etc.

I would have loved to do this...problem was have so many extended relatives I''m extremely close to who I know would never be able to come to a destination wedding. (I''m lucky I can get them to come from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati...a mere 5 hours away!!!!!)

I''m so jealous
4.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 11:51:44 PM
Author: Neveah
What a fantastic idea! Love it all. I can''t imagine anyone not wanting to do everything they can to come to your wedding! I really feel like invitations set the tone for the kind of wedding it will be.... you really made it personal, elegant, and fun all at once. Congrats!

BTW....if this is a repeated question, I''m sorry. How many did you invite? How many do you think will (really) come. Not that they wouldn''t want to of course.... just money, vacation time, etc.

I would have loved to do this...problem was have so many extended relatives I''m extremely close to who I know would never be able to come to a destination wedding. (I''m lucky I can get them to come from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati...a mere 5 hours away!!!!!)

I''m so jealous
4.gif
Hi Neveah!

Thanks for the compliments! I thought the invites were a lot of fun, but I was worried they might be considered tacky, but most of the people we have invited are FI''s family, and they all grew up on farms and live in the country, so I thought they might actually think they were cute! My mom will probably be the only one that hates them, but since she''s not been supportive at all about anything regarding the wedding, I don''t really care anymore!

As for invites, we were originally at over 100 people and were getting crazy quotes for $28-33K WITHOUT any dinner/reception/etc... I told FI I''d rather we both have new cars, but he is set on getting married in Hawaii. His parents are each children of 9, most of them still living, so it has made the guest list difficult, to say the least. We have decided on the 8 aunts and uncles on his dad''s side (who we see all the time and are eager to go to the wedding in HI,) his mom''s twin sister and her husband, and then only two sets of his closest cousins. The rest are my mom, dad & brother (that''s all the family I have
15.gif
) and then we have a handful of friends that are joining us, as well.

I did about 30 invitation boxes that total 57 people including FI and myself. We''re hoping only 40 or so come, but we are prepared to accommodate any of them at the wedding and reception who want to make the trek on over. Some of the people were invited because we felt we had to, but there are a few of those who I personally don''t think can make it due to finances, work schedules, etc..., bur we shall see. We will then have a kick-ass wedding reception at FI''s house a few weeks after the wedding, so that should be a lot of fun!

Thanks again!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! It''s official...the invitation boxes were a huge success!
36.gif

Everyone loved them, and if this tells you anything, one of our single guy friends called to say they were by far the most extravagant wedding invitation he has ever seen!

I''ve even gotten two online RSVP''s already!

Just couldn''t wait to share!

Thanks for all of your support everyone!

P.S. My MOTHER even thought they were wonderful...now if that doesn''t seal the deal, I don''t know what will!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, they look awesome! I love your colors! I am a huge fan of colorful things! I am thankful for you Harleigh, you are great and super sweet! I can tell you are a great teacher
9.gif

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Harleigh! Those look great! And I am really happy that your guests are loving them! I was really excited when we sent our box invitations out but more excited when the guests started saying they got them and loved them. So I definitely know the feeling!

They look great!! Very very nice job!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results