shape
carat
color
clarity

my gocco-ed invites!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jfus

Shiny_Rock
RSVP envelope (for privacy reasons I blurred the printed address)

IMG_0256-1.jpg

jfus

Shiny_Rock
I learned about GOCCO here on pricescope I finally got the nerve to order it and get my butt in gear. I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.. I love the end results and I want to thank all the pricescope brides for introducing me to it!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look beautiful...sophisticated color combo. I love them.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Did you Gocco the trim around the invite? It is gorgeous. The invites look really regal!
I know it''s been asked before, but in your opinion, how much work was involved?
Was the Gocco ''easy'' to use?

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those are gorgeous! I especially love the label. Did you handwrite the addresses or were those printed as well? If printed, can I ask what font you used?

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Those are awesome! I have no idea what gocco is, though. Does that mean you made them yourself? They''re beautiful, and I love the color combo.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
They turned out great! Very classy!

So, are you in
emlove.gif
with your Gocco now? I am itching to pull mine out again, but I can''t figure out what my next project will be.

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Thank you thank you..

Ok Gocco is a machine that lets you screen print at home. Google "how a gocco works" or something along the lines "smallest object gocco" that will bring you to a nice tutorial.

I printed the wrap labels on the gocco and I hired a calligrapher to write the labels and inner envelopes out. The type style I chose was Citadel. The font on my invites which was sorta similar is called "Dearest Swash" (script)Which I purchases from veer.com the non script is copperplate gothic.

I hope that helps!!!!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
OH other questions I have to answer..

THe gocco is VERY easy to use once you get the hang of it.. but it''st he DESIGN process that takes the longest. I''m a graphic designer by profession so I get OBSESSIVE over these things... it took me literally MONTHS to get my stuff the way I liked it!

Printing though is a breeze. You have to order supplies from ebay sellers over seas or through paper-source.. I also found another seller in FL that sells supplies. The only thing that can be troublesome is that I like small type... I had to run some "tests" with my type sizes to make sure it was legible. The Dearest Swash font was the biggest issue.

I am truly in love with the gocco! I was torn between letterpress and cheaping out on my invites. I wouldn''t call gocco-ing cheaping out.. I''m sure I could have afforded letterpress with the works with the amount of time and effort I have put into these but at least I can say I did them myself!!!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
great job!
and yay for the gocco!
i just finished mine on wednesday!
i think we used the same gold gocco ink too!

: )

beautiful.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
those are soo pretty!!! So you gocco''ed the print on the invitations too right? Sorry just trying to figure out all that you can do with it :)

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
those are beautiful!! i have no idea what gocco-ed means though...

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
ok, your invites are hands down, the most amazing creations I''ve seen come out of a Gocco. If I saw your design in an invitation company book, I would totally expect to pay a gazillion dollars for it. And if I could afford it, I would order your design without hesitation. GORGEOUS!

I tried the gold ink too, but for some reason, it clogged up the master and barely printed! I figured it was the sparklies in the ink so I gave up. Did you have that problem?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
haha, I also wanted to say...you even blur out your photos artistically! jeez. way to make the rest of us look bad.
2.gif
just kidding. i would totally hire you to design stuff for me.

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Thanks girls!!!!

Ok so here''s what I did. I first learned about gocco here on pricescope. I had no clue what it was.. Anyway once I got engaged I started hanging out on a certain wedding website. They have a forum called "making it personal" there were TONS of GOCCO GIRLS on there. I was smitten with the look of gocco. So I finally jumped in and bought one off of paper-source. As for the designs. Well I''m lucky because I am a full time graphic designer so I used my "design" programs to create the actual look of the invites. You design everything in black and white..and print the "masters" on a laser printer. The gocco lamps attract the carbon in the print outs..

So it took me about 4 months to finalize the design. It was nuts! I am so glad I am just about done. I just need to finish cutting belly bands.

PP thanks for the compliment. Actually a friend of mine is trying to get me to put together an invitation "book" when this is over. BUt we will see.. I still have so much planning ahead of me!!!

other PP...the clumpy ink sounds funny.. I know the gocco can be tempermental when the temperature changes. I think it''s stated in the book. Did you use the blue filter when creating a master??? Where did your master come from? Laser prints or copies??? It''s also possible some of your text and images could have been too thin and wispy..and everything BLOBBED...

Oh and the secret of my BLUR..... PHOTOBUCKET!

if you girls have more questions let me know..

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Blondebunny..

I designed everything from scratch.. I bought paper from a local distributor here in NJ. That was after I trekked to NYC to look and feel every type of paper out there! Then I hand cut everything down with a blade and metal ruler (psycho? yes!) Hmmm what else.. oh I also had a typo that no one missed and someone on my local wedding board pointed out to me a few weeks ago. NICE RIGHT? haha. I had to reprint. It happens though!!

Date: 8/13/2008 12:34:33 PM
Author: blondebunny
those are soo pretty!!! So you gocco''ed the print on the invitations too right? Sorry just trying to figure out all that you can do with it :)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Very elegant!! I love them. They resemble the look my daughter was going for as well. I love the colors. Good Job
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 1:41:47 PM
Author: jfus
Blondebunny..

I designed everything from scratch.. I bought paper from a local distributor here in NJ. That was after I trekked to NYC to look and feel every type of paper out there! Then I hand cut everything down with a blade and metal ruler (psycho? yes!) Hmmm what else.. oh I also had a typo that no one missed and someone on my local wedding board pointed out to me a few weeks ago. NICE RIGHT? haha. I had to reprint. It happens though!!
OMG, so I approved the proof of my letterpress invitations by myself, and then made my invitations within 4 days by myself. FI was out of the country for work at this time. Even now, I am still petrified that someone is going to say, "heehee...did you know you misspelled your fiance''s last name?" His name is one of those crazy Russian last names that has 5 million consonants all lined up in a row. Or...even worse...what if somewhere, I misspelled MY last name, which is three letters long.

In response to your questions about the gold ink...I used my laser printer to create my master, and I also used the blue filter. I thought that my lines and dots could be too fine for the ink, but it printed fine with purple ink and rose ink. My favorite was the rose color...so smooth. The purple needed to be refrigerated or else it bled easily. I totally loved the rose ink, like it was my favorite child.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results