shape
carat
color
clarity

My DIY Invitations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
First, me, diligently working...

brooklyngirlIMG_1064.JPG

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock

brooklyngirlIMG_1065.JPG

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock

brooklyngirlIMG_1072.JPG

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock

brooklyngirl111IMG_1093.JPG

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Close up of the wax seal...

brooklyngirlIMG_1095.JPG

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock

brooklyngirlIMG_1104.JPG

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock

brooklyngirlIMG_1144.JPG

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Last one -- overall view...

brooklyngirlIMG_1164.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ok Brooklyngirl ... YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!

Your invites are incredible! They look amazing!!! Your guests are going to be more than impressed and I''m sure that when you look back in years to come they will be a great source of pride for you ... You have done a phenomenal job!

I''m so in awe of my talented PS friends. I wish that I was able to DIY with any success.

I do have a question ... I would love to do a seal of some sorts on either our envelope or on our invite .... How did you do that fabulous seal??

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
30.gif
Wish I was that crafty (and I mean crafty in the positive, creative way!).
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW those are amazing, and I love the little touches like the wax seal, seriously in awe here of your skills.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkalicious - Thank you :). I must say that I am quite pleased with myself. We spent a huge amount of time on these invitations, from the printing, to shopping for extras (you wouldn''t belive how little of an envelope selection there is, especially in a size of larger than 5x7), and then putting them together. But I''m glad I made these :)

The seal is made with sealing wax, and a copper stamp. You have to melt the wax, drip on the desired amount, and then strike it with the copper stamp. It takes some practice to make a good seal. I got pretty good at it towards the end.

We bought the stamp, and wax at Michaels. They have them in the bridal isle. If you go this route, don''t follow the directions on the wax, as they will yeild an uneven, and burnt seal. The wax came in the form of candles, and I had to cut the string out of each candle, cut it into small pieces, and melt it in a stainless steel measuring cup (I used 1/3 cup measure). Also, have a ziplock filled with ice near you, as the stamp comes out much better when you use a chilled stamp -- and it a lot less sticky.

I''ve also seen a few websites that offer fakey wax seals -- they look just like the real thing, but are pre made, and used like stickers.

And one last thing, I read somewhere that you shouldn''t use wax seals on the outer envelope, because the will be damaged by the post office''s sorting machines.

SarahLovesJS - Thank you :) Unfortuantely for me, my craftiness comes with huge side of anal, lol. It''s a good thing wax seals are easy to remove while still warm
32.gif

Deelight, katamari - Thank you :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 2:22:48 AM
Author: brooklyngirl
Sparkalicious - Thank you :). I must say that I am quite pleased with myself. We spent a huge amount of time on these invitations, from the printing, to shopping for extras (you wouldn''t belive how little of an envelope selection there is, especially in a size of larger than 5x7), and then putting them together. But I''m glad I made these :)

The seal is made with sealing wax, and a copper stamp. You have to melt the wax, drip on the desired amount, and then strike it with the copper stamp. It takes some practice to make a good seal. I got pretty good at it towards the end.

We bought the stamp, and wax at Michaels. They have them in the bridal isle. If you go this route, don''t follow the directions on the wax, as they will yeild an uneven, and burnt seal. The wax came in the form of candles, and I had to cut the string out of each candle, cut it into small pieces, and melt it in a stainless steel measuring cup (I used 1/3 cup measure). Also, have a ziplock filled with ice near you, as the stamp comes out much better when you use a chilled stamp -- and it a lot less sticky.

I''ve also seen a few websites that offer fakey wax seals -- they look just like the real thing, but are pre made, and used like stickers.

And one last thing, I read somewhere that you shouldn''t use wax seals on the outer envelope, because the will be damaged by the post office''s sorting machines.
Thank you, Brooklyngirl! I appreciate the detailed response. I''m going to look into it and see what we can come up with ... I still don''t think that I would do this seal process any justice. You gave me hope that there are options though.
1.gif

Thanks for the tip about the seal on the outer envelope ... Don''t want the postal service machines tearing up our envelopes at all!!

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
I usually just lurk on here, but I have to say that I absolutely love your invitations!
30.gif
Where did you find them? Are they kits?

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
wow--I LOVE those--they are gorgeous! I am so impressed!!! I wish I had craftiness!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Your DIY invites are beautiful! Your attention to detail is incredible. Great job!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkalicious - Glad I could be of service. I saw that you already have a monogram, and I can totally picture a wax seal with it
1.gif

courtney5638 - Thank you, and welcome to PS! I got these invitations at Michaels, and they came in a kit with all of the supplies needed to assemble them. I did get some extras like the wax seal supplies, outer envelopes, and foam sticky tape (the foam that came with the invitations lacked volume, and there wasn''t enough of it
14.gif
)

Target also has a decent selection of DIY invitations -- some are even letterpress (sp?)

04diamond<3, alli_esq, and kittybean - Thank you for the lovely comments
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results