shape
carat
color
clarity

Music for walking down the aisle..

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I know I have quite a ways to go until my wedding however, I was thinking of music to walk down the aisle to. I do not want the traditional "here comes the bride", "canon in d" any of that... I was thinking an instrumental version of "Shes got a way" by Billy Joel. My fiance loves this song and thinks of me every time he hears it :)) I get teary eyed thinking about the moment i walk down the aisle and hear that song. I think I might do that. Opinions?

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Do it!

I am planning to walk down to Songbird by Eva Cassidy, and the rest of the music I've planned for my ceremony is quite rock-y. But it's very us, we would never be the type to have a string quartet playing.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm walking down the isle to Yellow from Coldplay done by Vitamin string quartet and exiting to Fix you from Coldplay done by Vitamin string quartet.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I love Vitamin String Quartet. My DH ixnayed it for our wedding, so we used a piano only version of Ben Folds' "The Luckiest" for the bridesmaids, Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually for my processional, and PM Love Theme, also from Love Actually, for the recessional. I think unconventional music at weddings is neat!

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
I'm using 'The Luckiest' for my register signing (along with somewhere over the rainbow from Glee).

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I love that idea, what a great song! We had a string quartet playing here comes the sun when I walked down and then all you need is love for the resessional, I love untraditional music!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
While I've always dreamed of walking down the aisle to Canon in D (which I will be doing, played on the big pipe organ in our venue), I never was really a fan of traditional music for the recessional. So I think we're going to use "Here Comes the Sun" for our exit back up the aisle. My FI and I are a mix of traditional and modern, and so are our wedding plans!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I love here comes the sun!! :)) I really think I am going to do "Shes got a way" by Billy Joel! Even if I do not use it at the church, I will have it as our wedding song.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies, I don't want to rain on your parade at all. I just wanted you to be aware that if you are having your wedding at a church there are a lot that won't allow contemporary music. My sister wanted to have some in her wedding, but our church won't allow anything that is not extremely traditional.

There are also many churches that DO allow it, I just thought I'd give you a heads up! If you aren't having a church wedding then that matters even less.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Yes, OU, I was also worried about this with my church. From what I understand, my mother got married at the same church 4 years prior and they allowed the non-traditional music as long as it was played on the harp, piano or organ with NO WORDS! Which is what i wanted in the first place. Lets just hope they still allow this :)

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Mr Jaylex and I are considering that song for when I walk down the aisle too!
Billy joel is one of our favorite artists and "She's Got a Way" has such beautiful and sincere lyrics... def. one of my favorite songs. I have always thought that an instrumental version of this song would be perfect in place of "here comes the bride"...

My opinion: Go for it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results